Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

What is your favorite newly released game?

Tex have you played the demo of splinter cell? I played it last week when a friend of mine loaned me his Xbox for a few days, very very good game, difficult getting used to the controls, every button and all three sticks do something, but once you get into it it's very nice smile.gif

God I wish I had played it. There's nothing quite as fun as sneaking up behind some yokel and putting a gun to his head and wringing all the intel you can out of him- not that Ive ever done it, because I don't have the demo sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Oct. 23 2002,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PC , Xbox , Ps2 and i believe Gamecube 2

Im going to buy splinter cell for the xbox smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me for PS2 i prefer the small PS2 pad then my big Xbox pad, and i cant bother buying the new small one for xbox

Splinter Cell is definatly "The" game.

Yep.... I just beat Hitman 2....

*looks proud*

I got a psychopath or mass murder rank on most levels. Of course, I cant get that goddamn M4A1 no matter how I try.

I need to find a place that has Vice City in stock. I imagine most stores would already be sold out or close to it.

*wanders off to find a life*

When I was a kid (mid teens) was when Miami Vice was at it's peak so being a very big fan of that and specifically 80's music I can't wait to get the game, not sure if I'll be buying the 7 sound track cd's they're releasing though smile.gif

No offense Albert, but what the hell would be the point to have giant levels in NOLF2? IMO, i think it is a way better SP experience than OFP, one of the funniest games ive played, amazing graphics, cool gadgets and guns, large levels (you dont need whats outside the city, anyways). IMO, you do not need whats outside the cities! I suppose this format is only good in War games, since it is fun to have huge island invasion, but in an FPS such as NOLF2 or HM2, you are not going to need what is outside of the levels. BTW, the larger the level the worse the graphics (OFP's AND Res's graphics are not great, OFPs were somewhat bad, and Res's are good, but models and anims still suck.) I dont want to get into this conversation again, because some of you dont understand that you dont need whats outside the level.  confused.gif

BTW, mafias city is amazing, better than the OFP islands, and look at Vice City too, that city is as big as Nogova! tounge.gif

Mafia is a pretty fuckin fun game...not much mention but its quite id recomend it. If ya into the whole mafia thing...kind of a relief from the usualy war game or swat game biggrin.gif

Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's like you know what is going to set me off DOR

<span id='postcolor'>

Tex what is so bad about me likeing to play Deadly Dozen or Medal of Honor? They are both good games, and Medal of Honor is some of the best fun I ever had.

DOR, if you have a verb that ends with "e", the e is always removed when adding "ing". Anyways tho, DOR is somewhat right, if he likes to play those games then so be it, everyone has there own tastes. I too like MOHAA, but for DD: that was a rather terrible game, esp. the AI in it, the snipers shooting at tanks. biggrin.gif No offense, btw, jsut my opinion. wink.gif

Yes, but I always get shooters for PC, unless they are worthy/only on PS2. I will get Vice City, and when it comes out on PC, ill sell the Ps2 one and buy the comp one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 24 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is splinter cell coming out for PS2?<span id='postcolor'>

Eventually, but not for a while. BTW, I just bounced up to EB and put 20 bucks down on my copy. November 16th babay

Splinter Cell and Raven Sheild look to be amazing games, Raven Sheild probably dethroning OFP, IMO. BTW, has anyone seen the RS website? The game is gonna have like 50 different weapons, the vss, wa2000, etc.

I CAN'T WAIT!! biggrin.gif

I am gratified that they FINALLY added actual weapon models. Very considerate of them- only took 3 major games and countless expansions to get it right lol.

My only big concern with Raven Shield is the AI. In R6 all through to GR, Redstorms bad guys have rarely been much more than robots walking a prescripted path over and over until it sees you, then it is who has a faster finger. They were more like gun turrets with legs than actual terrorists. If Raven Shield can have some realistic acting, compelling bad guys, then I am all over it. But without it, it won't be getting my money- I can just load up Rogue Spear and pretend the graphics are pretty.

Not true. The AI in ghost recon was superb. They would flank you, cover fire, and were realistic enough. Too bad in OFP the AI dont flank, it would be amazing if they did.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 24 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not true. The AI in ghost recon was superb. They would flank you, cover fire, and were realistic enough. Too bad in OFP the AI dont flank, it would be amazing if they did.<span id='postcolor'>

Put a squad of Russians into a base, fire two or three shots at them from a nearby hill or forest with a sniper rifle at them.

Then watch what they do smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 24 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not true. The AI in ghost recon was superb. They would flank you, cover fire, and were realistic enough. Too bad in OFP the AI dont flank, it would be amazing if they did.<span id='postcolor'>

wow, which game were you playing? Mine was the one from Redstorm- didn't know there was another GR that's AI didnt suck.

What are you talking about? I tried the thing ex-ronin said, all they did was run around a bit, moving to a new spot to fire at me from. That's not flanking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Oct. 24 2002,02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anything BUT BF1942.<span id='postcolor'>

Im hearin that

Never again will I shoot someone point blank with an enfield (GARAND ANYBODY? mad.gif) and not kill them. Then get destroyed by a machine gun... WHILE I'M IN A TANK.

has anybody heared any info on a game called "The Getaway"? its supposed to be like GTA but it takes place in London, i heard very little about it, could somebody post a link to some info? the hands on preview at gamepro.com said that the game lacked the high preformance muscle cars that GTA had which makes it hard to catch up to targets in the car chases. however they did say that its supposed to have over 200 real life cars and a real map layout of london, though i very curious on how they are supposed to make a real life model of the entire city of london. im guess its gona be level based.