Sign in to follow this  
MotherRussiaAK74

More realistic spetznaz?

You can't directly convert R6/GR models, there is someone who does have a converter, but they aren't sharing. On the 2 major GR sites, there are zip files containing all of the GR/DS characters in 3ds format. If you have the corresponding RSB files converted to TGA format, then edited and resaved from Max as a 3ds file with the new tga applied, they import flawlessly into O2. They do need scaling down, etc, but they look great. It's all a matter of tagging the polys.

Hope someone takes this task on.

You can open R6 wepaon models with milkshape...but not sure about the textures...might have to do them from scratch.

3D modelling isn't my strong suit, so correct me if I'm wrong...

That is true, milkshape can open the RS models, but the textures im not sure about. Usually games use their own format of textures. confused.gif

BTW, I was talking about the guns when I said they were low poly.

But the textures from GR are in RSB format, aren't they? if so they can be converted to bmp quite easily...

Where is that tutorial on how to make old units be able to have pistols? I want to try to convert the UCE Spetznaz and MVD and SOBR soldiers to 1.85 version, if it hasnt already been done.

It may be a problem that Ghost Recon has only 3 LOD's (if I remember correctly).

I am considering to convert some GR or R6 models, or parts of it. The skin would indeed have to be redone, but what the heck. What do you wanna do else with all that spare time?

wink.gif

What would be WAAAAAAYYY more interesting, is a conversion of some Ghost Recon animations and postures to Operation Flashpoint. That would be very neat, wouldn't it?

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 26 2002,17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where is that tutorial on how to make old units be able to have pistols? I want to try to convert the UCE Spetznaz and MVD and SOBR soldiers to 1.85 version, if it hasnt already been done.<span id='postcolor'>

Try this: http://koti.mbnet.fi/vosku/addonit/units.zip

wink.gif

BTW, what can open the Ghost Recon models besides Milkshape, because my version expired. And what can open the textures? Is there a good tutorial for making units for OFP, I have no idea how to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, what can open the Ghost Recon models besides Milkshape<span id='postcolor'>

3D Studio Max

also there is the Photshop Plugin that opens RSB files. Look at the 2 main GR sites for more modding info.

Why doesn't anyone just completely steal models from other games & use them in this one?

thats what someones done with some WW2 machine guns and Day of Defeat WW2 half life MOD

Yep Jamesia, you are right smile.gif

For example... I would love to have some of the FS2002 planes in OFP. The makers though don't have OFP but they DO have the original model... but it is a hassle to send and stuff like that...

It sucks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Oct. 26 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">weird, since every model in GR are made with 3D Studio Max<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but models are converted one-way to QOB format. There's no importer.

There is a converter for Rogue Spear CRP models to DXF format. Don't know if it works for GR, you might want to give it a try. The converter is called "CRP to DXF converter", though I currently can't find it on the web. How odd.

It's way easier to download Mike Schell's DS Char. Models in 3DS format (04/23-02 ) and Mike Schell's GR Char. Models in 3DS format (03/09-02) from:

http://www.woody2000.dk/egrmisc.html

For more Ghost Recon and Rogue Spear stuff, check out:

http://www.woody2000.dk/

http://www.3dretreat.com/