firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

can you give hint which uniforms are changing as I made before re-texture for the pilot uniforms so I might need to fix my mod 😞

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

can you give hint which uniforms are changing as I made before re-texture for the pilot uniforms so I might need to fix my mod 😞

No changes for pilot uniforms. For now only USAF ground crew uniforms changed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Capt Hamza said:

I have a question.  Will F35A, B, C will be in development in future ??

mayyyyyybe or mayyyybe not.

• Haha 1

today, got a bunch of updates.

caution : Pilot&Crew pack is now part of FIR AWS. previous Pilot&Crew pack workshop version is already removed when you see this.

FIR AWS

v3.5 "Sky Racer"
- smoke generator, smokewinder added
- weapon info panel for Caesar BTT
- FIR Pilot&Crew pack is now move into FIR AWS and part of FIR AWS. remove old Pilot&Crew pack is recommended.
- equipment reworked(texture and material) 
Targeting Pods - LITENING, LANTIRN
ECM Pods - Intrepid Tiger 2,AN/ALQ-119/131/184/167/188
LAU-118 HARM launcher
TGP mount for F-16
ACMI pods
TARPS

A-10

A-10U
A-10U Unmanned Warthog added

A-10C
new LITENING targeting pod model

Common
- new pilot for basic crew
- replace pilot combo box has been changed to checkbox
- cockpit frame material modified
- vanilla 30mm gatling supported(can change via Attribute and AMS)

AV-8B

EA-18G

Project Rhino

feb292020

F/A-18

F-2

F-14

- new 4k skins(F-14D only)
- Mage 2 skin added(F-14D) 

F-15

F-15SE

- CWB texture and material fixed

F-15 Legacy

F-16

F-22

F-23

Su-25SM3

- standard skin changed(VVS ROSSII to VKS ROSSII)

F-35B Armaverse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mission wont start after the updates - server says:

11:03:58 Reading mission ...
11:04:00 Script FIR_F14\sqs\init\replace_pilot.sqf not found

Problem solved: Had to remove the old Firewill planes from mission and replace them with new updated ones (F-14)

Thanks for all the updates!  Can you fix the A-10 landing gear?  It is overly sensitive to improvised runways.  In addition, the tow point is below ground.  This causes the aircraft to float above the ground when towing it.

Thanks again for all the beautiful aircraft and systems!

11 hours ago, woulffman said:

Thanks for all the updates!  Can you fix the A-10 landing gear?  It is overly sensitive to improvised runways.  In addition, the tow point is below ground.  This causes the aircraft to float above the ground when towing it.

Thanks again for all the beautiful aircraft and systems!

1. where

2. what tow mod

how can i just fix the problem even i don't know about the detail?

15 hours ago, firewill said:

1. where

2. what tow mod

how can i just fix the problem even i don't know about the detail?

Thanks for the response.  Here is more detail.

Updated video of towing point and improvised runway issues

Video of towing point and improvised runway issues. (ignore this one)

The first part of the video shows the tow point below ground for Lesh's Towing Mod.  I have seen the same issue with a towing mod in the unit I'm with but I don't know the name of that mod.

The rest of the video also shows improvised runway issues.  One from a dirt runway on Altis (though I have had the issue on many maps with all sorts of runways) and another from a runway composition I created.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, woulffman said:

Thanks for the response.  Here is more detail.

Updated video of towing point and improvised runway issues

Video of towing point and improvised runway issues. (ignore this one)

The first part of the video shows the tow point below ground for Lesh's Towing Mod.  I have seen the same issue with a towing mod in the unit I'm with but I don't know the name of that mod.

The rest of the video also shows improvised runway issues.  One from a dirt runway on Altis (though I have had the issue on many maps with all sorts of runways) and another from a runway composition I created.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks again!

that's what I want it, thanks the info

I'm loving the new A-10U, I like the small touch that the cockpit space has been used for a small radar, very clever. I was curious do you model stuff like that yourself or are you editing models that you found/bought?

It made me think of these renders for the F-23: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/24911/this-is-what-a-northrop-f-23a-wouldve-looked-like-if-lockheed-lost-the-atf-competition

I originally wondered if you had used these renders as reference for the mod but it appears they were posted AFTER you first posted the F-23A mod, so credit to you for accurate predictions and good research.

These models are based off of the final plans for the production F-23A, there's a great graph comparing the differences between the production model and the prototype YF-23, including the larger weapons bay which you featured in the mod. I figured you'd find these interesting/helpful if you ever decide to take another look at the Gray Ghost. 

The same artist also did the failed X-32 (competitor to the F-35), which is especially interesting as it's VERY different to the prototype: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/20971/this-is-what-a-boeing-f-32-wouldve-looked-like-if-lockheed-lost-the-jsf-competition

Regardless, I appreciate that you give less popular and "forgotten" aircraft like the YF-23 a chance to shine.

1 hour ago, SonicJohnBH said:

I'm loving the new A-10U, I like the small touch that the cockpit space has been used for a small radar, very clever. I was curious do you model stuff like that yourself or are you editing models that you found/bought?

It made me think of these renders for the F-23: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/24911/this-is-what-a-northrop-f-23a-wouldve-looked-like-if-lockheed-lost-the-atf-competition

I originally wondered if you had used these renders as reference for the mod but it appears they were posted AFTER you first posted the F-23A mod, so credit to you for accurate predictions and good research.

These models are based off of the final plans for the production F-23A, there's a great graph comparing the differences between the production model and the prototype YF-23, including the larger weapons bay which you featured in the mod. I figured you'd find these interesting/helpful if you ever decide to take another look at the Gray Ghost. 

The same artist also did the failed X-32 (competitor to the F-35), which is especially interesting as it's VERY different to the prototype: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/20971/this-is-what-a-boeing-f-32-wouldve-looked-like-if-lockheed-lost-the-jsf-competition

Regardless, I appreciate that you give less popular and "forgotten" aircraft like the YF-23 a chance to shine.

A-10U is basically modify the A-10A/C mod(original model is Arma 1 A-10A sample model almost 14 years ago surprisingly). canopy removed, and install radome instead. but it's inspired by some hobby kit model called "A-10 UAV" and DARPA PCAS.

about F-23, i didn't saw that "F-23A" pictures in article during development. well, here's some my references when i made F-23A.

1.jpg?token-time=1584585578&token-hash=s

6134-b0eec8f3138bc70b6b14cdd0f3989b7e.jp

• Like 3

On 2/29/2020 at 9:07 PM, Hud Dorph said:

My mission wont start after the updates - server says:

11:03:58 Reading mission ...
11:04:00 Script FIR_F14\sqs\init\replace_pilot.sqf not found

Problem solved: Had to remove the old Firewill planes from mission and replace them with new updated ones (F-14)

Firewill, you might wanna look into this issue.I/We can fix our private missions pretty easily but approx 75% of all missions ever made and uploaded to public are unable to load.Just something to keep in mind m8.

5 minutes ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Firewill, you might wanna look into this issue.I/We can fix our private missions pretty easily but approx 75% of all missions ever made and uploaded to public are unable to load.Just something to keep in mind m8.

then what, bring back that "no longer to use" sqf file to inside the every mod again?

1 minute ago, firewill said:

then what, bring back that "no longer to use" sqf file to inside the every mod again?

Its up to you what to do bud.🙄

Thats why i said "something to keep in mind".😛

Did you make a change (fix) to the APKWS?  It seems they only hit targets now with a valid laser lock.  Before that last update, I could just point and shoot without laser lock.  

Having a laser lock is no a bug in my opinion.  It is how it should work.  I just have some pilots asking about it.

Thanks again for all the awesome mods. 

9 hours ago, woulffman said:

Did you make a change (fix) to the APKWS?  It seems they only hit targets now with a valid laser lock.  Before that last update, I could just point and shoot without laser lock.  

Having a laser lock is no a bug in my opinion.  It is how it should work.  I just have some pilots asking about it.

Thanks again for all the awesome mods. 

manualcontrol value is off since the latest update so it probably makes no longer point and shoot feature available.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:52 PM, firewill said:

Just thought of something.Ive seen it done before a long time ago.You could try adding the missing/obsolete script back in the target directory and leave the script completely blank.That might work.

mod updates

AWS

v3.51
Air Weapon System
color&material adjusted for F-16,F-2 fueltank

Pilot&Crew pack
new materials for helmets
camo variations for HGU-84/P

A-10

Common
- physx fixed, now can make safe take-off on some "improvised airfield" such as AAC airfield in Altis
- RFD is now only activate in Multiplayer game.
- some values fixed for Lesh tow mod support.

F-2

1.993a

F-14

1.98a

F-15SE

0.5a
- CWB texture now fixed. it was not fixed actually due to some mistake.

F-16

1.985a
Common

F-22

0.65a

F-23A

0.24a

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When someone is using the "FIR_HGU84P_Visor2" & "FIR_HGU84P_Visor1" outside of a aircraft with someone else sitting inside of a helicopter the visors appears as normal. When the individual who using either one of the visors gets in the aircraft the visor disappears. My own visor disappeared aswell my

Recording

4 hours ago, Johansen15th said:

When someone is using the "FIR_HGU84P_Visor2" & "FIR_HGU84P_Visor1" outside of a aircraft with someone else sitting inside of a helicopter the visors appears as normal. When the individual who using either one of the visors gets in the aircraft the visor disappears. My own visor disappeared aswell my

Recording

I'll take a look, but probably take some time.