Sign in to follow this  
mannyrecon

Couple problems with weapon resting/deployment

Trixies is very dedicated guy and his contribution are amazing but guns are not on fidelity level of arma 3 weapons so that

puts me off with comparison of bipods on every vannila gun that has option to do so, without requirement of mods.

Why shoudn't deployed rifles jump abit when fired? Bipods aren't bolted to the ground.

I'm still figuring out this new system. It's a real game changer --recoil is a trip.

On a side note, i'm sure many of our sniper friends were expecting 'point & click' kills ..., judging by the butthurt:)

They can jump when fired, sure, but they shouldn't sway on a bipod

I deployed my weapon and there is next to zero sway with bipods.

So, did you miss the 'for now' part of my reply?

No, nor did I miss the part immediately after where you gave your reason for not buying it;

it only seems to be meant to fatten BI's pockets once again.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you regret making this snarky comment wherein you pretend to think that a DLC business model is somehow sinister.

I deployed my weapon and there is next to zero sway with bipods.

And I ate an apple yesterday and it was really juicy. And I ran in the water and discovered I have fins to swim with. I hate when people say stuff like this like it's supposed to mean something. Can you provide a video you made showing the comparison? I will when I download a recording software.

They can jump when fired, sure, but they shouldn't sway on a bipod

Trying to replicate the sway..., if i fatigue the soldier, then deploy, i do see a tiny up/down motion.

What rifle are you using? I was using the Zafir.

When they announced marksman DLC my community was joyfully excited about finally getting decent marksmanship ballistics, ie windage elevation and maybe even temperature and other variances that would make shooting predictable but skillfull. The reality is they reimplemented a load of features we have had in mods for Arma 3 for a year, it actually doesn't bring any new capabilities. The one thing we really needed them to implement they didn't, the stuff they chose to implement has been working well for a year. What they release is really buggy, to the point where we might rollback that is a shocking problem.

I just don't agree that they have rolled out something important with this release for marksmanship, they actually seemed to have missed the thing that actually mattered in marksmanship. You get a better experience on the previous version of the game with mods. Yes it wasn't in vanilla, but considering how long this took, how many other issues their are with the base game (performance is always a problem has been since release and remains so) I can't see the value in what they did. We are literally taking steps backwards in sound and deployment and marksmanship in general because what they did was break the mods and what they gave us was worse. Its not like the feedback didn't get delivered with the quality of what had been produced, the bugs were reported they just weren't acted on.

I am genuinely thinking BI really can't produce working software, it doesn't appear to know how.

Tisk, tisk. You can talk about Bipods and how they go to the right far too much as if you deployed on ice, I've been on Dev for awhile, and tested it all. This didn't happen before the release so it was something last second BIS did. But to hit on that the Audio got worse is utter BS. The sounds as of now, are better than DragonFyre. And the best part is, it's not even done yet.

Trying to replicate the sway..., if i fatigue the soldier, then deploy, i do see a tiny up/down motion.

What rifle are you using? I was using the Zafir.

M24 sniper (part of trixies mod)

i think the sway while using bipod is there to simulate ur eye and head movement...

And I ate an apple yesterday and it was really juicy. And I ran in the water and discovered I have fins to swim with. I hate when people say stuff like this like it's supposed to mean something. Can you provide a video you made showing the comparison? I will when I download a recording software.

It's uploading now.I wish you could read my mind but before I posted response I tested my claim in game ; )

..., so this thread is all about some mod not working?

Any feedback on vanilla weapons --you know, the weapons Bis made?

..., so this thread is all about some mod not working?

Any feedback on vanilla weapons --you know, the weapons Bis made?

Oh god I you made me realize that Manny was talking about trixie's mod his whole time.

We should focus on BIS weapons since everyone has access to those.

I can confirm that; Trixie's mod is broken. And those rifles don't even have working bipod.... :j:

i think the sway while using bipod is there to simulate ur eye and head movement...

Maybe you are right, never saw in that perspective (missing meme here)

Trixies mod has bipods that flip up and down, and they do work in the DLC as a cosmetic. Also, the m24 works when rested on a wall, so why shouldn't it when prone?

Oh dear. So a mod is broken by a patch? Sadly this happens quite often. However, to then over-state that the new feature BI introduced is broken is a nice twist FPDR

Trixies mod has bipods that flip up and down, and they do work in the DLC as a cosmetic. Also, the m24 works when rested on a wall, so why shouldn't it when prone?

You answered your own question.

Oh god I you made me realize that Manny was talking about trixie's mod his whole time.

We should focus on BIS weapons since everyone has access to those.

Yeah, a wtf moment.

Check your pm's:)

Yup, every shot while deployed moves my aim to the right.

What a disappointment, even the single core feature, which was the most expected one, bipods, is broken on release... Excellent job...

Makes you wonder, what were they even looking at while testing ? I mean, I needed two shots to notice the moving aim bug, two shots.

Makes me wonder where you were when it was on dev branch, open for feedback.

Edit: Just noticed the plot twist....

Careful, they'll brand you a fan-boy if you suggest they should have tried dev-branch :rolleyes:

Sorry man, I think you confused me with the devs, I didn't make this game, so it's not my responsibility if every update comes with bugs and broken features.

Edited by il_padrino

Closing - before this gets out of hand and it appears the OP was complaining about an Mod Weapon not official BIS content.