silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Thanks for the awesome tool. I'm having a lot of fun making stuff with it.

LOL ... you are crazy.

Wow this tool looks the business. Thanks for releasing, great work.

I don't know if this is a XCAM issue or a terrain builder issue but I create my city with XCAM and import the city into TB and after I export the map from TB and import into arma again for another round of XCAM some of the builders disapper specificly my A2 ones. Do you know what is going on here? The buildings appear in the 2D and 3D editors in TB so I don't know what the issue is?

@LukePRTR, have you 'copied' over the relevant files to your P drive?

Edited by VIPeR2511

yeah, they even appear in both arma 3/xcam and inside buldozer

I don't know if this is a XCAM issue or a terrain builder issue but I create my city with XCAM and import the city into TB and after I export the map from TB and import into arma again for another round of XCAM some of the builders disapper specificly my A2 ones. Do you know what is going on here? The buildings appear in the 2D and 3D editors in TB so I don't know what the issue is?

It could be because you have not added the right required addons for the A2 structures to your terrain config file.

Check your "Required addons" line on your config file, and maybe take a look at the same line in the config for the X-cam prototype map to see how they handled it.

Is it me or your download is not working at moment or at all, all it does it keeps loading and loading, tried pressing F5 got 504 error

Hello Silola,

first, thx for this tool.

is it possible to import terrain builder object file to xcam ? (i found how to export but not for import)

Best regards

Havena

Hello Silola,

first, thx for this tool.

is it possible to import terrain builder object file to xcam ? (i found how to export but not for import)

Best regards

Havena

Sorry, that's not possible.

But why exactly, do you need such a function?

Silola

Sorry if the question has been asked, not sure if I missed it in the tutorial videos either. But is it possible to save vehicles to a project like you would objects? If so, then how would I be able to do that?

Sorry you haven't missed it, there is no option for that at the moment. It's just pure object placement for now.

If I use x-cam for a mission, I place down some containers where I want vehicles and then replace them later in the editor (for empty vehicles).

Sorry you haven't missed it, there is no option for that at the moment. It's just pure object placement for now.

If I use x-cam for a mission, I place down some containers where I want vehicles and then replace them later in the editor (for empty vehicles).

That's actually a really handy trick, thanks for the reply.

PS: First X-Cam update is araound the corner.

Silola

Can you reveal what is in the update or is it a surprise??

Also I'm curious about the DAC functions inside XCam.. .I see you can create zones, etc.. is this documented anywhere or still a work in progress?

I see many posts focused on ex/importing to terrain builder with X-cam but how likely is it that this powerful tool could be used as a [much needed] 3d editor for mission makers?

When I opened x-cam for the first time, it didnt give me any menu about libraries or anything.. so i have no way to load the ones i want :confused:

Hi,

Can you reveal what is in the update or is it a surprise??

Also I'm curious about the DAC functions inside XCam.. .I see you can create zones, etc.. is this documented anywhere or still a work in progress?

The release of the update is tomorrow. And yes, all about units, vehicles, weapons and DAC is WIP.

I see many posts focused on ex/importing to terrain builder with X-cam but how likely is it that this powerful tool could be used as a [much needed] 3d editor for mission makers?

I think the "new" Bohemia editor will do that job. We all hope for a new "modern" 3D mission editor, but who knows what we get.

When I opened x-cam for the first time, it didnt give me any menu about libraries or anything.. so i have no way to load the ones i want

It's important to have the @inidbi folder installed within the Arma 3 root folder.

Make sure you have copied the "make_file.dll" into the Arma 3 root folder.

Delete all files within this folder: "@inidbi\db\xCam\Library_Obj", but don't delete this folder.

Silola

Edited by Silola

Hi,

I've released the first X-Cam update.

xCam Version 1.05

==================

New: Alternate methode to start a frame selection

New: Terrain visualisation incl. some settings

New: Option to invert 4 different camera control functions

New: Split a Terrain Builder export file into different export files (object types)

New: Restricted start option (player name)

New: Option to search within the X-Cam object library only

New: One-step processing of multiple projects (incl. export)

New: Additional save option, if objects copied from different projects

Fixed: Press [Alt] during the secondary movement methode is active

Fixed: The export option > enablesimulation 'false' < saves wrong values

Fixed: Ghost objects after pressing the [ESC] key

xCam optional content

======================

Two object packages have been updated:

xCam_Metal (v098b)

xCam_Woodworks (v09b)

Many thanks to poolpunk for this incredible work !!!

For download and more infos goto page one.

Thanks

Silola

With XCam you can create anything you like then save it either as a mission.sqm file or a script file that you can run at mission init... it is the ultimate 3D editor.

Hi,

I've released the first X-Cam update.

Excellent! :yay:

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Many thanks Foxhound :)

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for this very good editor ! Made the project retained as shown in the video tutorial â„–20. But not know how to throw it on my server ? which files , where to register ? please tell me , I think not alone in facing this problem since even a novice in this matter. I am Russian with English not so good writing through an interpreter. I would be very grateful if you show the problem on video or in pictures. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Atom89,

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want to create content for a MP mission, or do you want to work together with the X-Cam in MP?

Silola

Thank you for this very good editor ! Made the project retained as shown in the video tutorial â„–20. But not know how to throw it on my server ? which files , where to register ? please tell me , I think not alone in facing this problem since even a novice in this matter. I am Russian with English not so good writing through an interpreter. I would be very grateful if you show the problem on video or in pictures. Thanks in advance for your help.