silola

X-Cam 1.0 for Arma 3 released

Thank you a lots for your works :p

But I have a problem, when I add a building like "xcam_i_House_Big_01_V1_F", I'm not able to open doors. I tried to export as .sqm and .sqf, but it's still unable. Did I forget to do something?

i have the same problem

only occurs with X OBJ, with vanilla no

Edited by SinGloT

EDIT: We managed to fix it, we discovered that for some reason we were missing the Library_pre and Library_Fav folders from our @inidbi\db\xcam directories.

Me and another person from my group have problems with saving prefabs.

When we create a prefab named 'Test' for example, we get an error saying "Favorite file 'xCam\Library_Pre\Test' not found.". A prefab named "Test" does appear in the prefab window however. When we try to save it we now get the error "File Test.ini not found.". When we try to save again we just get "File .ini not found.".

Edited by Knishi

Hi, nice that u have fix it, but why the hell these folders are missing? don't understand :-/

Silola

EDIT: We managed to fix it, we discovered that for some reason we were missing the Library_pre and Library_Fav folders from our @inidbi\db\xcam directories.

Me and another person from my group have problems with saving prefabs.

When we create a prefab named 'Test' for example, we get an error saying "Favorite file 'xCam\Library_Pre\Test' not found.". A prefab named "Test" does appear in the prefab window however. When we try to save it we now get the error "File Test.ini not found.". When we try to save again we just get "File .ini not found.".

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

i have the same problem

only occurs with X OBJ, with vanilla no

Guys ... as t-800a said before ... all the xCam_* objects are designed for terrain builder import and all these objects have only a simple config.

That means ... if u want to place houses, containers, whatever, and u want to export a mission or script file from your project,

then please use the original A3 objects.

To activate the respective object classes, please watch this part of the "installation'" video:

For example, if u want to use the original A3 houses, then activate these object classes:

Structures (Village)

Structures (Town)

Structures (Commercial)

Thanks

Silola

Hi SilentSpike,

please delete the following file to reset the position of all additional windows:

@inidbi\db\xCam\xCamWindows.ini

Silola

I'm having another weird issue where the menus accessible from the top bar aren't opening correctly. Here's a video of the problem.

thanks a lots for your answer silola, I reinstal correctly xCam with good library and it's working ;). I was just an whose re-config some buildings. ^^

Thank you for this beautiful creation, beyond awesome! Without a shadow of a doubt, a mod that will probably have most of us hooked and playing more than the game itself...

I already have had hours of fun using this since the release and have only came across one issue. I placed a bunker in xcam (one item in thousands) and exported it (them) to TB. Whilst all the trees, fences etc. show perfectly the bunker does not load and I get this error:

Cannot open object xcam\xcam_pipe\xcam_pipe\bunker\bunker_01.p3d

The files were copied over okay (including to the P drive) and I even tried Dep3d, but still no luck. Am I missing something obvious?

this is a revolutionary tool. the production quality is staggering. if i didn't know better i'd swear this was made by BI themselves. :notworthy::notworthy:

Not a silly question. :)

This is not implemented because there is no working import of pitch/bank to terrainbuilder at the moment, it always ran into problems/misplacement.

Maybe pitch/bank will come in a future version at least for mission builders(, but only one man knows :D).

Thanks for the reply - it'd be great to see this in the future. Great work, once again.

I've got a question regarding the road tiles that are place-able in X-Cam. I've always found it a bit difficult to place roads in TB as you can't always tell exactly how far apart they actually are and you sometimes get gaps where roads meet. If you placed all of the roads for a map using X-Cam exclusively, would the AI have trouble following the road or would they detect there is a road there and follow it for driving?

Thank you for this beautiful creation, beyond awesome! Without a shadow of a doubt, a mod that will probably have most of us hooked and playing more than the game itself...

I already have had hours of fun using this since the release and have only came across one issue. I placed a bunker in xcam (one item in thousands) and exported it (them) to TB. Whilst all the trees, fences etc. show perfectly the bunker does not load and I get this error:

Cannot open object xcam\xcam_pipe\xcam_pipe\bunker\bunker_01.p3d

The files were copied over okay (including to the P drive) and I even tried Dep3d, but still no luck. Am I missing something obvious?

Hello,

this object type is part of the object pack "xcam_pipe.pbo" and this pbo was created by Heros.

So I will ask him about this special object type.

Hint:

Most of the objects within the object pack "xcam_pipe.pbo" are original A3 pipe objects,

but with the behaviour not to react on slope, and that's sometimes really nice to have :)

Silola

@ALL: thanks again for all the nice comments !!!

Edited by Silola

I can't begin to understand the amount of work that went into XCAM. Thanks again Silola, this is astonishing.

Silola, do you explain the project export process (to script or sqm) in detail in one of your videos? Could you point me to it? I'm currently watching one after another, but nevertheless knowing how to export would properly would save time anyway.

Thanks!

Edited by Undeceived

Silola, do you explain the project export process (to script or sqm) in detail in one of your videos? Could you point me to it? I'm currently watching one after another, but nevertheless knowing how to export would properly would save time anyway.

Thanks!

Please watch tutorial part 20, the last one ;)

Haha :D ok, thanks! :)

Silola, up to now I watched the first 4 videos and I still can't believe that all this is real! :D You made something phenomenal! All these possibilities are crazy!

Edited by Undeceived

The PWS version does not work. I downloaded both the PWS version and the iniDBI for x-cam from PWS, and no objects appeared in the object classes menu when in xcam. Probably to do with some compatibility issue.

I downloaded the original files and made PWS use them manually, and they worked just fine.

Thank you so much for all the work you've poured into this Silola, a truly phenomenal tool.

Yea i think PWS puts them into the Arma documents folder rather than the root.

the most impressive thing, is the velocity of the placement the objects!

one question

how to add custom addon?

i would want to incorporate the a2oa plants addons which files i have to modify?

thanks in advance

the most impressive thing, is the velocity of the placement the objects!

one question

how to add custom addon?

i would want to incorporate the a2oa plants addons which files i have to modify?

thanks in advance

You don't have to modify any data, simply watch this video:

But note: all the objects u want to use need a config. In other words ...

if you are able to place an object with the Arma 3 mission editor, then this object is also ready for use within the X-Cam.

Silola

Thanks for this great tool,

One question, it was possible to place a gate ? (yes) but with a road with the same level of the gate ? The road don't move from the ground. (I can't find possibility to up the road even with ctrl button). Any solution ?

Hi, first of all, many thanks for usefull tool.

First time i try to save, i have a spam windows error message who said i havent file msvcr120.dll, i only have msvcr100.dll. I downloaded file from internet and paste it on arma 3 main folder. This problem solved but.

I continue having some problems to export to script, mission ... when i save to mission or other option, saving fail "output error".

Im running windows 8.1 64.

Thanks!!!

Hi, first of all, many thanks for usefull tool.

First time i try to save, i have a spam windows error message who said i havent file msvcr120.dll, i only have msvcr100.dll. I downloaded file from internet and paste it on arma 3 main folder. This problem solved but.

I continue having some problems to export to script, mission ... when i save to mission or other option, saving fail "output error".

Im running windows 8.1 64.

Thanks!!!

Maybe you have to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, but I don't know :(

http://getintopc.com/softwares/utilities/visual-c-plus-plus-2013-redistributable-package-free-download/

Silola