ketsucorp

KetsuCorp: General Equipment Addon Release (GEAR)

Are there any plans of updating this to make it compatible to 1.54?

Lol...read a page or so back....besides a lot of this year are just retextures (not all) so it should automatically inherit the new hit point system. It's basically the custom models that are effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol...read a page or so back....besides a lot of this year are just retextures (not all) so it should automatically inherit the new hit point system. It's basically the custom models that are effected.

I'm not sure about that. Every vest I've tested, including obvious retextures need changing. Unless I'm wrong, if it doesn't replace the vanilla textures, they re-hexed it and it's calling its own config and needs to be redone, which is most.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about that. Every vest I've tested, including obvious retextures need changing. Unless I'm wrong, if it doesn't replace the vanilla textures, they re-hexed it and it's calling its own config and needs to be redone, which is most.

You may be right...sounds like you know more than I do on the subject. Regardless though, I don't think this mod is really going to be supported anymore if I read the thread right a page or so back. Unfortunate.

I want to believe this is going to be updated... I based my whole repository on this one  :cry2:

• Like 1

Dear BIS Community,

At this time due to financial constraints, this project is on pending

development as our staff members are primarily composed of an

array of game development students. As the term pans out, they

aim to continue working on the project but until then, please feel

free to continue adding feedback or comments. We know how an

important mod such as this can improve the diversity of the game

and as such this project is not abandoned, but postponed due to

a significant lack of donation funding to the development staff, all

your kind regards and support will be with us as we seek to finish

the coming terms. We cannot thank you enough for your support.

Many Thanks,

KetsuCorp

P.S. If you have any considerations or concerns please PM us.

This is what they said on the last page. I wouldn't expect updates any time real soon.

Well one can only hope. But it wouldn't be the first time a retired dev comes back from the shadows just to fix what they had left.

• Like 2

Well if i get some time freed up i can create some replacement configs if thats what some people would like. To fix the issues.

• Like 6

Well if i get some time freed up i can create some replacement configs if thats what some people would like. To fix the issues.

That'd be AMAZING Sargken!!! I know I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

This ha got to be one of my favorite mods ever but i'm having trouble finding servers that have this mod.

This ha got to be one of my favorite mods ever but i'm having trouble finding servers that have this mod.

Because most the items have no armor values since the 1.54 nexus update for A3.

I miss the MICH 2001's for sure (not the A3 retextures, but the actual custom model)

• Like 1

you must have a different version than me, as no custom model mich 2001 in any of my Ketsupcorp Gear and I have pretty much all of them, no Mich 2001 shows up in my inventory mate. :( not even in the core module.

What he names as a Mich 2001 is a normal Mich, the Mich 2001 has high cuts around the ears, and I've yet to see any in A3, I did ask Binkowski in a PM if he considered orting his to A3, but never got any response, the Bundeswher mod has the nearest helmet to a Mich 2001.

I've loooked through the pack, it's just a standrd MICH/ACH ported from A2 by the looks of it ;)

-poet- I stand corrected sir!!! I didn't have the latest version of the gear core (1.1) thats whey they were not showing for me.. and there they are indeed!! I echo your sentiments, these are super sexy schmexy helmets indeed.

You can use the uniforms (just in case you didn't know).

? esplain ? lol you mean in new .pbos? thats different?

Pretty sure he means just don't use the vests on your characters.

I simply mean the uniforms, which are a great portion of this mod, work with no problem (the same goes for backpacks!). You can equip all that content using Arsenal, or other scripted solutions, or you can use them in configs for new units, or replacement configs.

The following folder contains different replacements for NATO recon units, using KETSU and RHS gear:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/luzmq6yau2blits/AABa1jDPyFdxkOAPfqaNwdbja?dl=0

There are so many uniform variants that this addon suffers from the same problem that Massi's weapons do: The clutter is real. And as for the NWU.. absolutely nothing is correct about it. Its a working uniform for goodness' sake, it doesn't need ghillie suits or moisture pads on the shirts... It should have only 4 variants: Sleeves up and down with silver lettering, and two more with the gold lettering.

There are so many uniform variants that this addon suffers from the same problem that Massi's weapons do: The clutter is real. And as for the NWU.. absolutely nothing is correct about it. Its a working uniform for goodness' sake, it doesn't need ghillie suits or moisture pads on the shirts... It should have only 4 variants: Sleeves up and down with silver lettering, and two more with the gold lettering.

don't use it then.. the author was creating as many variations as he thought the community would like.

The chances of the vests being fixed by the author are slim as I believe Ketsorcorp is no more, but feel free to create the correct NWU uniforms for all of us to enjoy.

• Like 1

I wonder if the mod makers would have an issue if I were to find someone willing to make new configs in order to update a few of the GEAR packs (for private use within the group I am with of course) ? :huh:

I wonder if the mod makers would have an issue if I were to find someone willing to make new configs in order to update a few of the GEAR packs (for private use within the group I am with of course) ? :huh:

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure the FBI will be knocking at your door.

Making Replacement CFG for mods is totally fine, I started working on them for GEAR mod but I realized halfway through the Black Out mod there is so many variations it would take me forever so I stopped. It would have been easy if the took from base classes correctly but they don't have fun. 

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure the FBI will be knocking at your door.

Not Sure why you said that but Ok.

Hey KestsuCorp, what about making new scuba suit (cause vanilla sucks a little) and new sets for pilots (suit + helmet)?

Yeah, I just make this account to ask about this cause I dont get answer on moddb since january :D

Hooded uniforms will be nice too.

Hey KestsuCorp, what about making new scuba suit (cause vanilla sucks a little) and new sets for pilots (suit + helmet)?

Yeah, I just make this account to ask about this cause I dont get answer on moddb since january :D

Hooded uniforms will be nice too.

read this:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179479-ketsucorp-general-equipment-addon-release-gear/?p=2933032

and afaik, they never created new content, they only created new texture of the existing vanilla assets

• Like 1