IndeedPete

Pete's Re-Textures (EUROFORCE, CSAT Snow Tigers)

Revised the desert and Altis colour schemes today. Just prototypes for now but probably pretty close to the version for the next release. I've tried to use more realistic and effective colours and reduce the variety. The outcome are two patterns rather close to MTP / MultiCam but with different accents.

First one is the desert camo which is based on MultiCam's sand colour, enriched with darker brown tones contrasting the sand colour. Tested on Takistan, from left to right: vanilla MTP, new desert and old desert scheme.

2015-06-28_00001n1rdm.jpg 2015-06-28_00002tjoka.jpg 2015-06-28_000039ipr5.jpg

Creating a pattern for Altis seems to be a bit tricky. Sand and brown tones work well on the arid parts but greener uniforms provide better camouflage in the green areas. Various Greek camos have been reviewed and they're either sand or green based. (Probably depends on the situation.) I've decided to try a sage based approach with sand colours and different green tones (one taken from BW Flecktarn) mixed into it. Works good on arid ground but Greenback camo is still superior in greener areas. (Same problem with vanilla MTP.) Left the old Altis scheme (way too green and colourful in my opinion), the new one in the middle and vanilla MTP on the right.

2015-06-28_00004b0pm6.jpg 2015-06-28_00005hoqg0.jpg 2015-06-28_00006jzr95.jpg

And some comparisons under lab conditions with old Altis vs new Altis, old desert vs. new desert and new Altis vs. new desert.

2015-06-28_00007uirnb.jpg 2015-06-28_00008yirc0.jpg 2015-06-28_00009yqraf.jpg

Any opinions? :)

As always, mavolous work. I really like the new desert camo. About the altis camo: I can see that its really hard to make a camo for that island with its many different ground types. The new camo....since it is not that intense in its color....it might help with concealing in the field! ^^ I approve!

Thanks, chaps! Made a green based alternative with sage accents. It's still effective on arid grounds from what I can see but it's also a small improvement in green environments. Might work even better with greener gear.

Left to right: MTP, Altis (Sage), Altis (Green), AAF, CTRG.

2015-06-29_00001krsyr.jpg

Altis (Green) in the front, Altis (Sage) in the back.

2015-06-29_00002cjszt.jpg 2015-06-29_000036dsf6.jpg

In greener environment: Altis (Green) kneeling in the front and Altis (Sage) standing in the back. Compared to AAF and CTRG.

2015-06-29_00004pbsws.jpg

Comparison of Altis (Sage) left and Altis (Green) right in the VR.

2015-06-29_0000546sfz.jpg

I'm still undecided, maybe I'll play a round with the gear as well and just add both versions. It really seems to depend on ground, light and weather which of these two similar camos is slightly more effective. That's probably the reason why vanilla NATO forces have sand coloured uniforms and wear green vests and gear.

You work animal, you! xD

In comparison I think the sage version fits better as an universal camo. The green and brown accents help with conceil in either desert like areas but also in woods.

Don't know if I like the idea of having both. Not that I don't like the green one...but what I hate most on Uniform mods is: When there are tooooooo many uniform variants. (e.g. RHS Escalation.)

But anyway...thats just my silly opinion! xD

Nice work mate!

The desert camo is way better than the old, but I liked the old Altis camo more. It was brighter and more natural, but I have to give that the new versions aren´t bad too. It is just a personal favour of me.

Keep up the great work, especially on the MP-showcase;)

Thank you! I've decided to select the sage version to replace the Altis camo. If sand colours are good enough for the almighty US forces who am I to... :)

Changed headgear accordingly and updated the uniform comparison. The update itself will be released soon.

2015-06-29_000145wrid.jpg 2015-06-29_00015jpros.jpg

In the meantime, I took some shots (edited) with the new camos. First scene shows Operations Chief Erik Stieglitz on his way to a new assignment:

ef_promo_01wtrmp.png

Then there's a regular talking to his MP colleague about the upcoming president's election in 2037:

ef_promo_028yrlb.png

Wolfpack special forces engage an enemy base:

ef_promo_03ziqbu.png ef_promo_04ysok3.png

Finally, an exhausting day of re-deployment at the Kamino Shooting Range:

ef_promo_05doqan.png ef_promo_06nbopv.png

@reforger: I also like colourful camos but sadly, the old Altis one was a bit out of scope for the Mediterranean. The new one is much closer to existing Greek camos and MultiCam (colour-wise).

Ah, yes, that promised showcase. The WIP is still on my harddrive, desperately waiting to be finished. But I don't have time at the moment, I'm focusing on the next bigger campaign project these addons here build the base for. I will pick it up again when I can but don't expect anything soon.^^

@reforger: I also like colourful camos but sadly, the old Altis one was a bit out of scope for the Mediterranean. The new one is much closer to existing Greek camos and MultiCam (colour-wise).

Ah, yes, that promised showcase. The WIP is still on my harddrive, desperately waiting to be finished. But I don't have time at the moment, I'm focusing on the next bigger campaign project these addons here build the base for. I will pick it up again when I can but don't expect anything soon.^^

No problem. In the worst case I will wait until Arma 4:D.

But there is still one thing that should be fixed in the next update: When you assign a patch to a unit in the new arsenal it will be replaced by your flags in the editor. So your rank patches are useless when you are using them with EF-units. Also assigned flags will be replaced when you use the normal arsenal script. Only the script you gave us works.

Thanks!

Yes, that is completely intentional. Methods to overwrite or disable the auto assignment of unit ingisnias are given in the first post.

The promised update is here! It improves all uniform textures and changes the EF Altis and Desert colour schemes. Apart from that, CSAT Snow Tigers received their compatibility adapter addon to support ACE3 and its self inetraction menu. Enjoy! :)

ef_iconffa9l.png

EUROFORCE

Version: 1.14

Changelog

1.14 - 01.07.2015

• ADDED: Another script possibility to disable random insignias.
  • CHANGED: All uniforms look more plastic now.
  • CHANGED: Revised Altis and Desert camo colour schemes.
  • CHANGED: Renamed custom identity "James May" to "James Walker".

1.13 - 20.05.2015

• ADDED: Grey-black helmets for MP and black Wolfpack units.
  • CHANGED: Wolfpack vests are now in 3-colour-digi camos.
  • CHANGED: MP Offroad light bar is now properly animated.

1.12 - 14.05.2015

• ADDED: Re-textured heavy vests.
  • ADDED: Re-textured drones.
  • ADDED: MP Offroad.

1.11 - 01.05.2015

• FIXED: Sirens and lightbars of the police vehicles should now work in MP for clients.
  • CHANGED: Snow schemed backpacks are now in Hex Camo.
  • ADDED: Snow versions of all NATO and AAF helicopters.
  • ADDED: Marksmen units "Sharpshooter", "Recon Sharpshooter" and "Heavy Gunner".
  • ADDED: Snow versions of the MAR-10, Mk-I EMR and Navid.
  • ADDED: Black version of the Navid.
  • ADDED: Server key for the steam version.

1.1 - 10.03.2015

• FIXED: Officer (Combat) and MP Officer had the wrong pistol.
  • FIXED: Testmode and debug functions were still active in the showcase campaign.
  • FIXED: Snow and Woodland vehicles had the wrong weapons in cargo.
  • CHANGED: Infantry snow camo scheme now has green parts.
  • CHANGED: Snow MX versions now have white-green spraypaint camo.
  • ADDED: Complete re-textures of all NATO and most AAF vehicles.
  • ADDED: Non-combatant medics.
  • ADDED: Functioning lightbar and siren to MP vehicles and Bobcat support tanks.
  • ADDED: Custom signs for EUROFORCE Armoury, Checkpoint, Command, EUROFORCE, Kamino, Maxwell, Mike-26, Military Police, Rogain, Stratis Air Base and Vehicle Range.
  • ADDED: Zeus and hopefully soon Alive support.
  • ADDED: Server key.

1.00 - 25.01.2015

• Initial Release

Download

Dropbox v1.14

Steam Workshop v1.14

Download CBA Extended Eventhandler Support Addon Stand Alone (needed for ACE3 comaptibility)

Dropbox v1.00

Steam Workshop v1.00

st_icon_smallrvlas.png

CSAT Snow Tigers

Version: 1.02

Changelog

1.02 - 01.07.2015

• CHANGED: All uniforms look more plastic now.
  • CHANGED: Added more detail to custom face ("Cheng Zhi").
  • ADDED: ACE3 compatibility via CBA XEH.

1.01 - 14.05.2015

• FIXED: Groups were misconfigured.
  • ADDED: Re-textured heavy vests.
  • ADDED: Custom face ("Cheng Zhi").

1.00 - 05.05.2015

• Initial Release

Download

Dropbox v1.02

Steam Workshop v1.02

Download CBA Extended Eventhandler Support Addon Stand Alone (needed for ACE3 comaptibility)

Dropbox v1.00

Steam Workshop v1.00

General Information

Contact

You can reach me on the BI-Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?53386-IndeedPete

Or feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/IndeedPete/

License

Content created by IndeedPete is published under the "Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)". You are free to take or change anything you can use, just give me a mention in the credits.

Scripts & Variables

There are some init functions, especially regarding the custom insignias that can be manipulated using a few simple commands. Commands for single units must be run from a unit's init line and generic commands should be run from the init.sqf.

To set country insignias on EUROFORCE units:

// For single word countries
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Germany"];
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Norway"];

// Or for multiple word countries
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "United_Kingdom"];
this setVariable ["IP_Country", "Bosnia_And_Herzegovina"];

To disable the country insignia for a single EUROFORCE unit:

this setVariable ["IP_Country", false];

To disable the Snow Tiger insignia for single a CSAT unit:

this setVariable ["IP_CSATInsignia", false];

To disable custom insignias for ALL mod units in a mission (run from init.sqf):

IP_NoFactionInsignias = true;

Credits & Thanks

• black-light-studio for their / his great Hexatal Camo Concept – Seamless!
  • Catchina-Q2 for her/his Buzzard graphic!
  • cobra4v320 for his HALO/parachuting scripts!
  • drdraze for the space wolves chapter badge!
  • Kydoimos for creating the Snow Tiger insignia and custom faces!
  • norrin for his great convoy defend script!
  • Shuko for his SHKPos script!
  • Surfer for his splendid Wipeout texture!
  • tpw for his ambient civilian script package!
  • And all the great people on the BI-Forums who helped out with answers and feedback to so many questions!

Updated mod v1.0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey IndeedPete , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Updated mod v1.14 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Thank you, chaps!

Quick question,

would you consider adding Helmets in the appropriate camouflage pattern for your units too? It kinda looks out of place the way it is right now, and it would differentiate the EuFor a bit more from the NATO faction. (Well, at least in my opinion.) Many thanks again for this super addon. :)

Quick question,

would you consider adding Helmets in the appropriate camouflage pattern for your units too? It kinda looks out of place the way it is right now, and it would differentiate the EuFor a bit more from the NATO faction. (Well, at least in my opinion.) Many thanks again for this super addon. :)

I knew I wanted to ask Pete something lately.

I ask for the same. Some times I don't find a fitting helmet for the Units. (They just don't look as cool as your uniforms)

That would indeed be possible. Will see if I can beat my lazyness. From what I can see it's just one texture and a handful of models.

+1 for new helmet textures

and thx for editing the altis and desert camo ( remember I asked for this at the very beginninig :p)

However this is really getting better and better, an absolute must have mod for future setting scenarios.

Btw... is there any chance for the EU forces to get their own standart rifle some day ?

thx for your hard work

:)

and here some first shots of a new/old enemy

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/456337628502231659/C1665BE659611647416E918DA6AF691FA580CC71/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/456337628502200504/97BDE29381892B73CF6417F7549B7518BCB39969/

Thanks!

Yes, I really think EF needs a custom rifle. But I have no idea about modelling (let alone sound editing, animation, ballistics, and such). I realise that creating a gun from scratch is a huge piece of work and therefor never requested anything on the forums. And I don't just want to take already existing work from someone else out there. Even if I get another mod author's consent to include his work into my addons I'd much rather see a completely new rifle. I'm thinking about a futuristic rifle family with influences from European rifles like the German G36, the French FAMAS and British SA80. Obviously state of the art for the Armaverse: caseless ammo, built in optics and suppressors, lightweight - just futuristic!

But I'm not seeing any development into that area soon. Even the packages I use usually just implement existing weapons. I'm looking for something up to the 2035 setting.

These look nice, love the Navy scheme!

Yeah I am really happy that I got permission to include the Veres_M Rifle for my russian units..it really makes a different...hope you will find a solution too that would be the icing on the cake for this fine mod :)

I thought about something from CUP as most of the sources can be found in BI's official data packages. But there's no futuristic stuff from what I can see. They have G36s, SA80s and a Czech rifle that looks cool too. Still, it's third party content.

I always thought the XM8 made by Heckler & Koch looks like a futuristic weapon. As far as I know, since it was in the PMC DLC of Arma 2, its also in the CUP pack.

But I'm at your level. It would be "annoying" having to download a mod pack just for a weapon. So an own model for the Euroforce would be great. But I'm also sure that this would mean so much work for you - despite the fact you stated you have no idea of modeling!

So maybe hold with that idea. Maybe in the future you find somebody who can model and would like to work with you! ^^

Maybe a good idea, yes. Also thought about the XM8, but that's 5.56mm conventional ammo again. And there are tons of addons delivering today's weaponry. Anyway, the MX as European weapon actually makes sense as it is completely fictional. For now, I can re-tex the MX family and by that add some more differences compared to the vanilla version. Has been on my wishlist anyway.

very cool that you like my 'request' :)

as for the new rifle, I totally agree on that. I just yesterday stumbled upon a mod on steamworkshop which adds a 5.56 variant of the MKI EMR from marksman dlc. It comes in Standard and Commando variant and according to the author, he also plans on making GL versions as well as 6.5 mm variants. The current build has some config issues, but nothing that couldn't be ironed out in less than an hour. The only problem I see with it, is, that it looks "too good" to be true, if you know what I mean.

Link:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=437115291

XM8 would be a bad choice, it's merely a modified G36 after all. If you're trying to be 100% faithful to the 2035 setting, the MX is the logical option, if a dull one.