anthariel

Tilos : Greek Island

Hey Anthariel,

looking forward to the update! Keep it coming! I'm sure it's gonna rock ;)

Thanks a lot Inlesco and IanBanks, it's always very cool to see some people like you who like my work :)

To be honest, I had some big problems during this update i've lost some data and ~7 days of work. I wanted to make more locations but with these errors it's unfortunatly impossible for this moment, but yeah, the final version ( i hope for the end of February ) will be more detailled and of course with the entirety location of the island.

Anyway, see you tomorrow for the beta :cool:

Edited by Anthariel

New beta version available, please read the first post for more informations about the update :

Here some new screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/4tWKe#0

I hope you will love this new version, i'm very sorry for some things like Lividia I had to redo this city in a hurry (2 days). Anyway, enjoy.;)

Also, new keys have been created so please, delete our lastest download of Tilos and install the new version, the missing server keys have also been added.

Edited by Anthariel

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound :) Mirror updated on the first page.

Your attention to detail is what will make this map stand apart from others. Great job!

2 issues regarding the airfield:

1: Your runway logic (I dont make mods, let alone terrains so my lingo mught be a bit off) is placed nowhere near the airport. Looks like its a copy/paste job from the main Altis airport (screenshot). Tried using the landing autopilot to rule out a visual glitch and the plane even attempted to land on the hills on the main island (it actually survived it to my surprise)!

2: Your runway numbers dont show runway heading - should be 09 on the left end and 27 on the right end.

Other than that, awesome map, looks like it has a great 'flow' for mission makers!

Edited by Sari

@Thanks a lot Soolie.

@Sari, thanks for your feedback :)

For the autopilot landing, yes indeed this code is actually not ready, so the game use the defaut map location ( 4096.000 4096.000 ) this will be available for the 0.75 :-)

Also, thanks for the informations about the runway, it's will be added for the next update :)

Edit : The Signatures won't work, after +10 trials with DSignfile, i'm out for today with this, i hope upload some WORKING keys and signature files tomorrow, sorry about that.

Edited by Anthariel

Thanks for the new version but looks like there is a problem with the key on tilos_functions.pbo

Wrong signature for file C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@tilos\addons\tilos_functions.pbo

@Deleyt thanks a lot :)

@Corey, yes thanks for your feedback i've see that yesterday, i currently work on a fix for tomorrow, sorry about that, if you want to play on your server with keys with your friend, the only way for the moment is to delete this pbo ( it's does not impact the map ).

Hello everyone.

A new version ( hotfix ) is now available ( Beta 0.55 ) :

Changelog :

Added : +100 Objects.

Fixed : Server keys

Fixed : Some roads have a strange shape.

Fixed : Some flying objects.

Fixed : A bug with a house in Livadia could kill the player.

Fixed : The symbols on the map now display correctly ( Thanks a lot to IanBanks! ).

Fixed : Some misplaced object on some roads.

Fixed : Some RPT Errors. ( ~7Kb )

Fixed : The cutscene displayed after leaving Tilos is now working properly. ( WIP Cutscene )

Fixed : Some misplaced objects on Livadia.

Fixed : Errors in the description of the island in the extension tab.

Modified : The Tilos_Functions and Tilos_Missions pbo's were moved into the Tilos.pbo.

Download link : https://www.mediafire.com/?2y4rdu56rsgqhbs

Thanks you.

Edited by Anthariel

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for a great map that will only get even better and for the very fast fix with the key. It works great on my server now.

Long time lurker here. Just wanted to say, I've actually been on holiday to Tilos, I stayed in the second villa with the pool just north of Megalo Chorio (you can actually see it on the ingame map!) Thanks for making this, its totally legit, and pretty weird seeing a place you've been in Arma.

This map is fantastic. Great job with the additions of objects and fixes. Looking to use it on new mission.

Great work.

@Imager6, thanks a lot :)

@OcelotUnit, Haha awesome! I hope you enjoy the pool :cool:

@jungleNZ, Thank you! Do not hesitate to give some feedback if you encounter some errors ;)

Love the fact that you're embracing the 2030's timeline for Tilos, it lets me plan a vanilla island hopping campaign around it. That being said, I've found one thing that needs to be fixed and some general feedback as a whole.

In Camp Eagle, one of the concrete walls is sunk really deep into the ground. This one to be exact. http://i.imgur.com/EQzIGRF.jpg (601 kB) It provides a way to sneak into the camp, and I'm not sure if that's the direction you're going for with Eagle.

As for general feedback; as Tilos develops, I hope the roads get smoothed out. It's rather difficult to be driving on a paved road when it suddenly changes directions really quickly. I've highlighted some examples on this map. http://i.imgur.com/xeT3Y9J.png (424 kB) On the main road, no one going 60+ kph will be able to handle that sudden jerk in the road, and will probably veer off into a tree.

Everything else is fantastic, aside from some buildings that aren't perfectly level, but I can live with that.

Hello there,

Some more info regarding the Airport. As Sari said (at page 6 i think) I was trying today to see the correct direction to land on the runway and i used the autopilot for that. The problem is that i end up at the top of a mountain cause the runway that AI recognize is place in wrong possition http://postimg.org/image/nysryu88j/. im marking you with arrow the direction that aircraft tried to land. ive read about what you said for the airstip and the defaut map location. Hope those infos will help you a little bit more.

Keep up the good work

Edited by RoadRunnerGr

Hello everyone and thanks for your feedback ( sorry for the delay! ).

Unfortunatly, for the moment i'm very busy and i'm also working on two mods along with Tilos. :ill:

So, for the moment Tilos is paused ( probably until the end of March ).

I will also release the sources files with the final release for the people interested, but before that i've A LOT of things to modify or completly redo on the map.

@GuyWithaJeep, Thanks for your feedback, i will complety check up all roads once the developement has resumed.

@RoadRunnerGr, Thanks you too! Indeed the problem has been discussed previously, but thanks you for your precious feedback :cool:

Edited by Anthariel