Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Will you buy unofficial expanition pack?

I wouldnt buy it because the addons I have DLed dont have the same quality as the official ones.

Even if the expansion was as good as resistance I wouldnt buy if if BIS was against it.

No, I don't think I would buy an unofficial addons pack/campaign.

Why? Well, if it's not official, you can be sure, that only few people will buy it. You only have to look at how many people still haven't got Resistance - and that at least offers an enhanced game engine (something ONLY an official addon can deliver), new units and a beautifull island.

As I mostly play mp, few customers mean to me I can't use the new stuff most of the time: there will be almost no servers supporting the mod, and if you put up a server on your own, there will be nearly no players... With official stuff there's more customers, and you can be sure that there's no incompatiblities and that problems get fixed.

There's two mods that get sold for money already - BTL, which is just a campaign (and there's enough good ones for free) and then there's that POW (sp?) mod that offers some new Multiplayer modes, but which you'll have a hard time finding any servers for...

I bought between the lines.

It doesn't work.

Requires EditorUpgrade102, which I have, and which it can install itself, but which it doesn't recognise.

I'm currently running 1.75 and 1.46, but neither will let the campaign's cutscenes or briefings run correctly.

A waste of €17 euros, and not even any new add-ons or islands ffs sad.gif

Did you know before you bought it that it wasn't official? Can't remember if they make that clear on the packaging?

I saw really interesting points of view here... smile.gif But I really cant understand people wich vote for third answer biggrin.gif

I created this poll in the hope of that somebody will put up money in independed project and make some rewarding expanition.

Why do you think that unofficial pack can be worth then official? Or it another way to kiss some a.s.s wink.gif

You played red hummer. It was independed development, one thing wich made it official is codemasters flourish of trumpets of it smile.gif

What about all those review in magazines and game-sites: I'm sure that the majority of them are bought by interested party wink.gif I trust only in my eyes smile.gif

P.S. As I understood, some people need to see word OFFICIAL on the box before they bye it biggrin.gif Its very smart. No comments wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ Sep. 26 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You played red hummer. It was independed development, one thing wich made it official is codemasters flourish of trumpets of it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Red Hammer is a Codemasters product. It was not made independently of CM. It is the property of CM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 26 2002,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ Sep. 26 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You played red hummer. It was independed development, one thing wich made it official is codemasters flourish of trumpets of it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Red Hammer is a Codemasters product. It was not made independently of CM. It is the property of CM.<span id='postcolor'>

Allright smile.gif But not BIS made it? Right? It was maden by some guys wich sell all right of this campaign to CM. And this campaign wasnt perfect... but everyone bought it wink.gif Thats what I'm talking about.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ Sep. 26 2002,22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 26 2002,21wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ Sep. 26 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You played red hummer. It was independed development, one thing wich made it official is codemasters flourish of trumpets of it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Red Hammer is a Codemasters product. It was not made independently of CM. It is the property of CM.<span id='postcolor'>

Allright smile.gif But not BIS made it? Right? It was maden by some guys wich sell all right of this campaign to CM. And this campaign wasnt perfect... but everyone bought it wink.gif Thats what I'm talking about.<span id='postcolor'>

Codemasters owns rights to flashpoint stuff as it is its publisher, so they can do pretty much what they want. And it was made by Codemasters, not just some guys who sold it to CM...

Your not planning on charging for retaliation are you?

Sounds like it to me , why post this style of question?

If I was to pay for an addon , I would expect all the trappings that come along with a paid product.

>technical support

>100% knowledge of the mechanics of the game

>Customer Support

>Basically all the things BIS bring to the table when you spend your gard earned on their product.

I mean I dont want a mod put out and then be expected to be charged for it by guys who dont really know the ins and outs of the engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ Sep. 26 2002,22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And this campaign wasnt perfect... but everyone bought it wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't. But I bought Resistance.

I saw Red Hammer, but for me it didn't add anything I would've been willing to pay for, just another campaign and some new voice acting. Resistance offered so much more that added to the general gameplay itself so I couldn't pass it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Sep. 26 2002,21:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Your not planning on charging for retaliation are you?<span id='postcolor'>

no smile.gif

What I WOULD like to see is an unofficial CD which gathered all the unofficial things off the net, and put them on a CD. And then installed them all without doing the annoying extracting files business. That would be great, so long as they change some of the islands to makes them look more, "official." The island by Fat Ninja Kid just irritated me for some reason because of how immature it seemed. I dunno...I just like my OFP to be tidy. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Captain @ Sep. 30 2002,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I just posted a topic along similar lines, and I'd like thoughts on it:

Multiplayer Addon Topic<span id='postcolor'>

I think "Sure I will! 9 [18.00%]

Yes, if it costs that! 8 [16.00%]

No. Its banned by publisher! 33 [66.00%] "

Pretty much sums it up.

No I wont sell BIS out and buy crap.... I dont care how good it is.