Sign in to follow this  
fett_li

FatTrack - GPS positioning system

I will no longer work on FatTrack. Expect heavy bugs.

Banner.jpg
-------------------
1. Introduction
2. Features
3. Explanation for missions designers
4. Planned Features
5. Known Issues
6. Changelog
-------------------

1. Introduction
What is FatTrack?
FatTrack is a tracking system allwoing you to track allied players on the map as well as highlighting spotted enemies on the map. FatTrack differs between player sides and therefore is PvP compatible!
There are two devices: a PDA and a tablet. The PDA allows you to track allied players, to be tracked and to place SPOTREPS on the map as well as editing them. The tablet allows you everything the PDA allows you but with some more features: you can edit the information for players being tracked, such as their callsign, their frequency, and you can choose which player should be tracked.

What does FatTrack offer you?
FatTrack offers you to improve your overview in battle as you know where your allies are and as you can share your spotted enemies! As you can edit SPOTREPS very easily overview can be mainted.

2. Features
BLUFOR tracking
BLUFOR tracking works simply. If a player owns a FatTrack device of the right side, he can be tracked. If you own any FatTrack device you can see trackers on the main map.
If you own a tablet you can edit which player should be tracked and every tracker information.
To edit a tracker simplay left click on it and then press enter. Select the part you want to edit and go for it.

SPOTREPS
Creating a SPOTREP is very simple. Hold ctrl and double left click on the main map. You SPOTREP has been created.
To edit it, left click on it and then press EDIT. Select the part you want to edit and go for it.
When you press Advanced you'll be able to edit the SPOTREPS shape (rectangle, square and diamond), its color (blue, red, green, purple and grey), its icon (infantry, armored, etc.), whether an ellipse should be displayed and whether an arrow should be displayed.

The ellipse is meant to display the area in which the enemy approximately is.
The arrow is meant to display the moving direction of the enemy.
To edit an ellipse, simply hold ctrl on main map. You will then see four black circles at the ellipse which is closest to you cursor. Click on one of those circles and drag'n'drop the ellipse in your desired bearing and in the desired shape. To edit an arrow, simply hold ctrl on main map and drag'n'drop the arrow in the desired direction.

You can also edit a SPOTREPS position by holding ctrl and drag'n'droping the SPOTREP to the new position.

Other

• Any tracker and SPOTREP has additional information. Hovering your mouse over one will display them.
  • SPOTREPS will fade out when they didn't get edited. Maximum is reached after it hasn't been edited since half an hour.
  • To open any FatTrack device, it needs to be on your gps slot. Then press Alt+U (can be changed in userconfig). To benefite from any FatTrack device (seeing trackers, etc.) it just needs to be anywhere in your inventory.
  • You can capture enemy FatTrack devices.
  • You can copy and paste SPOTREPS with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
  • You can delete SPOTREPS pressing (guess what) delete

3.Explanation for mission designes
There are two modules. One module initializes the FatTrack system. You can there set, whether automated FatTrack should be used. If autoamted FatTrack is used, every group leader with a FatTrack device will be tracked on mission start.

The module Assign FatTrack information allows you to edit the FatTrack data of all synchronized players. You can there edit things like the unitsize, the unit type, etc.

This are the classname of the FatTrack items:
The tablets:
b_itemLAPTOP_FT
i_itemLAPTOP_FT
o_itemLAPTOP_FT

The PDAs:
b_itemGPS_FT
i_itemGPS_FT
o_itemGPS_FT

4. Planned features

5. Known issues

6. Changelog
1v0
Release Version

1v1
Added: UI optimization
Added: Unitsize

1v11
Fixed: Editing unitsize now works correctly.

1v12
Fixed: JIP

1v14
Fixed: "Assign FatTrack Information" modul now works correctly

2v0
Fixed: FatTrack works with BIS Respawn Templates
Removed: Advanced Mode for FatTrack
Added: PDA now has the ability to destroy itself
Added: SPOTREPS
Changed: The former laptop is now a tablet. Classname remains the same (backwards compatibility)

2v1
Fixed: drag'n'drop of SPOTREPS now works correctly
Fixed: SPOTREPS are PvP compatible
Fixed: the clock for the PDA and the tablet know works correctly
Added: Localization in Englisch and German

2v2
Fixed: Tooltip didn't get reseted sometimes.
Fixed: Time should now be calculated correctly for spotreps.
Fixed: Trackers not working for east.
Changed: Some network optimization for better synchronization.
Added: You can no enter any title on Creating a SPOTREP.
Added: Spotreps no go with a version number.
Removed: Tablet and PDA no longer have models. Caused marking them as premium item for some players.

2v3
Fixed: SPOTREP size could not be edited
Fixed: Tracker size could not be edited
Fixed: Tracker icon could not be edited

2v31
Fixed: Track all leaders now worls properly
Changed: Loading time reduced

2v32
Added: CBA Keybindings
Removed: Userconfig

2v33
Removed: PDAs can now edit every SPOTREP
Fixed: PDAs can now edit ellipses and arrows properly

Download

Click for download!, requires CBA!

I will no longer work on FatTrack. Expect heavy bugs.

Last words...

Having criticism? Praise? ;) Questions? Feel free to share your thoughts!

And, if you can speak or understand german, here is a Little YouTube video in which my mod is presented :)

Edited by fett_li
Update!

New mod 0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Fett_Li;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Doesnt work for me.

Markers are always at the left bottom of the map (0.0.0)

when you create them with the laptop.

Have you tried it only for AI or for players? Could you send me your mission?

I have tried it for 2 players (A and B).

We both connected in the same blufor squad.

A: Created a new point with the laptop.

B: Cant see any point on the map.

A: Sees the points in the bottom left corner of the map.

Really like it, but it stopped working as I switched from TAW-VD to CHVD.

Would be nice if not everyone would be trackable but only units who own a tracking-device themselves.

And tracking should not be this precise in my opinion. I suggest updating the position of the tracked unit only every 3 seconds for example.

@Gerippe: Thanks for the commendation. I could implement, that only people with tracking device are trackable but what I won't implement is that there are delays between positioning "calculation". I won't do this for two reasons:

1. It's technically more difficult, I know, this sounds odd, but it is the case. I'm quite proud of the simple script design I chose for FatTrack and I won't interfere with this design for something I don't like.

2. And this is the second reasion: I don't like these delays. I know, it's just a question of preference, so I couldn't argue for it, but I just don't like it.

Thanks for the hin of incompatibility with CHVD I'll try to fix this as soon as possible. Or track down the bug that might lead to this error. Could you send me you're mission, in which you used FatTrack and it didn't work?

@Gerippe: Problem solved. Blame CHVD. I'll contact them about this issue. They use a postInit function which doens't terminate and therefore blocks other postInit functions.

Thank you for the information! I'll try to sort out what's exactly the problem and try to fix this.

Feel free to suggest!

Sorry, no.

Right now I have to work on different things, but I hope I'll soon come back to it.

FatTrakc has been updated on version 2v1!

2v0

Fixed: FatTrack works with BIS Respawn Templates

Removed: Advanced Mode for FatTrack

Added: PDA now has the ability to destroy itself

Added: SPOTREPS

Changed: The former laptop is now a tablet. Classname remains the same (backwards compatibility)

2v1

Fixed: drag'n'drop of SPOTREPS now works correctly

Fixed: SPOTREPS are PvP compatible

Fixed: the clock for the PDA and the tablet know works correctly

Added: Localization in Englisch and German

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have not been able to test this addon so far. When assigning the laptop item manually in the inventory via (this addItem "b_itemLAPTOP_FT"), a message saying that this is a "Premium Item" appears under "WEST Fattrack tablet". This does not happen with the GPS device but only self-desctruct option is enabled. Consider me at hand for any tests.

Thanks for the hint.

I think I know where this problem comes from. I'm using some models from the heli DLC. Some friend of mine is currently working on new models.

I'll change that right now!

Hi and thanks for this addon

Im unable to open tablet or PDA by pressing ALT+U or any other config setting i use.

Could you help?

Hi and thanks for this addon

Im unable to open tablet or PDA by pressing ALT+U or any other config setting i use.

Could you help?

Same here

Getting an error when trying to launch the mod. Downloaded several times through PWS, version is 0.2

"Include file userconfig\FatTrack\keys_FatTrack.hpp not found."

Any help?

Getting an error when trying to launch the mod. Downloaded several times through PWS, version is 0.2

Any help?

Did you put the fattrack folder(userconfig) into your user config folder in the arma directory?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherSarge View Post

Any help?

Did you put the fattrack folder(userconfig) into your user config folder in the arma directory?

I encountered the same problem and I installed this with PlayWithSix, which causes the file to be missing. Manually downloading the addon and placing the required file in the folder solves the issue.

@redarmy: Uhm. Okay. Do you have FatTrack intialized via the module? Do you have the pda on your GPS slot?

@userconfig-Problem: I assume, this is fixed for now?

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Update - 2v2

Fixed: Tooltip didn't get reseted sometimes.

Fixed: Time should now be calculated correctly for spotreps.

Fixed: Trackers not working for east.

Changed: Some network optimization for better synchronization.

Added: You can no enter any title on Creating a SPOTREP.

Added: Spotreps no go with a version number.

Removed: Tablet and PDA no longer have models. Caused marking them as premium item for some players.