mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

Love this mod!

Question though - What exactly is this error messages

No Entry Config.bin/cfgmods/SAMOmod.action!

Love this mod!

Question though - What exactly is this error messages

No Entry Config.bin/cfgmods/SAMOmod.action!

That's a small error in setting it up to appear in activated mods in the splash screen... nothing wrong with the mod or what you are doing... just an annoying little popup that will be removed :)

Is there an easy way to go from the base group control (setting formations, ect) back into SAMO? I like to have the base / standard controls when moving. Then switch to SAMO once in contact.

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 ----------

What is the "HOME" key reference # (if I want to make that SAMO key and not the spacebar #57). THanks much!

---------- Post added at 04:08 ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 ----------

I'm dumb. See link in file.

Hey Cosmic,

Were you and Mikey able to figure out the TPW addons initialization bug?

Still using SAMO v1 w/ TPWMods, but the commands on the mousewheel are a bit cumbersome ;-)

B

If memory serves, Cosmic figured this out. Right now he is working on cleaning up the script and making sure the new surprises are bug free and it should be ready for release.... no promises but we are trying for end of this week for AISS and possibly SAMO. Right now last few test have been out of this world with AISS, and the excitement is hard to hold down. lol

Hey Cosmic,

Were you and Mikey able to figure out the TPW addons initialization bug?

Still using SAMO v1 w/ TPWMods, but the commands on the mousewheel are a bit cumbersome ;-)

B

Hey BadLucky... so far so good. It is working so far so likely only a short time and you will jump to V0.3 ;)

If memory serves, Cosmic figured this out. Right now he is working on cleaning up the script and making sure the new surprises are bug free and it should be ready for release.... no promises but we are trying for end of this week for AISS and possibly SAMO. Right now last few test have been out of this world with AISS, and the excitement is hard to hold down. lol

Yep... and to get a little Xmas cheer going in here... I present some testing from 2 weeks ago ;)

Peed myself a little when I did this one :)

Like I had seen a Unicorn LOL

Edited by CosmiC10R

v0.3 Alpha Release Candidate is out to testers as of about 5 secs ago... Mikey did some last minute tweaking on the suppression which I really like.

See how the testers like it and it will be ready.

v0.3 Changlog in spoiler

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////Changelog V0.3, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_Removed from Action Menu and Working off CBA keybinding.... Thanks CBA team.

Change Samo Menu Key to any key in Configure addons in the Configure->controls menu.

_Added Suppression length - Long, Medium, Short

Setting stays (within mission) until new length selected so you don't have to keep selecting it.

Found in Samo Submenu.

_If the player team has an Ammo bearer present, Ammo bearer will resupply player grouped units.

Yep... the ammo bearer actually has a function now.

_Only Selected Units or teams execute commands from Menu.

_Vehicle suppression if player Units are in a vehicle

Non drivers/gunners exit the vehicle and Suppress the target location with firearms.

Vehicle will fire main gun and secondary if manned in tanks, arty etc

Marshall main gun currently is not firing.

_Suppress last position Command added... When selected command orders

selected Units to suppress last location suppressed

_SAMO Ball changed- Snaps to a target such as building/vehicle now, if SAMO ball is

within a small distance from target. Bottom of SAMO ball touches ground.

_Added Cease Fire and Suppress animations when command is executed.

_Fixed hold fire issue. Please let us know if you still have an issue with this.

_Samo Ball adjusted.

_Fixed Init issue with TPW and other mods. Please let us know if you still have an issue with this and mods involved.

_Various Suppression adjustments.

_Various Menu adjustments.

_Script optimizations and adjustments.

///////////

-Buglist

///////////

-POSSIBLE -TASK FORCE RADIO- Please let us know if you still have an issue with this.

afaik none of the team use this so please provide feedback if it works with this now or not.

-Marshall Main Gun not firing currently on Suppression request.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////Future Features List///////////////////////////////

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-

Quick update... v0.3 had a few issues that are being addressed... v0.31 should be going out shortly to testers...

Edited by CosmiC10R

Ok... after some work we are close to v0.32 being out to testers...

:cool: ... lol... internally we had a request from RedArmy that made sense so it was fulfilled...

A single hot key for Suppression called Rapid Action Suppress.

The first suppress call in the vid is via the menu

all subsequent suppression calls are via the Rapid action suppress key...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and another update... a bug was found so v0.34 is out to testers... sorry for the delay...

this should be the one... ;)

Edited by CosmiC10R

Hi guys....been out for a couple days.

I was getting caught up on armaholic and found AISS final was out but didnt see SAMO. Did it get rolled into AISS or still in beta? I use ASR so if its in AISS I wouldnt have seen it.

Sorry just checking. Replayed a half dozen campaign missions with v1. Damn thats different.

B

Hi guys....been out for a couple days.

I was getting caught up on armaholic and found AISS final was out but didnt see SAMO. Did it get rolled into AISS or still in beta? I use ASR so if its in AISS I wouldnt have seen it.

Sorry just checking. Replayed a half dozen campaign missions with v1. Damn thats different.

B

Hey badLucky

I have been fighting bugs for about 2 days now lol... been quite aggravating but I finally think its ready after mikey has a final look ...

I think you will find the newer version quite a bit better in every aspect...

It is stand alone and won't be rolled into other mods besides the new cba dependency

After I get a break from this the team will post a roadmap of new features... some of which will be very exciting

You may also want to try the new aiss... it's ummm ... shall we say ... quite impressive now.

Having seen firsthand the amount of work in it and personally testing virtually every version where in some cases there was six versions in one night lol... it is worth a look ;)

Managed to get a quick showcase of the new features...

Have a look... Ill let you know when it's out ;)

EDIT - Showcase vid moved to release post below

Edited by CosmiC10R

Oh Damn...

Separate fire team target areas... the sustained fire at 2:50... The quick dismount and suppress action for mechanized inf.

Yeah, SAMO totally finishing the Violence of Action aspect of ArmA3 C2.

Props to you & Mikey

B

It's finally here... :)

Testers had no issues with this version. 0.35 had an INIT issue so if the mod does not init, meaning you do not get a "Samov0.36a is Live!" message.

-pls make sure you have latest CBA

-pls post what Mods running and where Samo is in mod order

No idea why but I have to run AIATP above CBA for tank main gun to fire... don't ask me why... it is just so after hours of experimenting.

Here is a showcase of some of the new Features. Feel free to ask any questions :)

A.I.M Team Founders

Mikey74

StTosin

CosmiC10R

A.I.M testing and development Team

FroggyLuv

Redarmy

Jcae2798

flyingPenguin

Jackralph

Brickwall

A Special thanks to the A.I.M team for all the hardwork!

Thanks badLucky1776 for the help on that last version ;)...

I am considering changing the menu call to "Layin down the Hate" lol

and a very Special Thanks to PitGurl for the logos... ;)

Changelog

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/////////////////Changelog v0.36, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_StTosin's precious cease fire added...

I kid of course... makes sense and works well

yOu just had to burn me on how I used it in SAMO showcase didnt ya ;)

_init bugfix

/////////////////Changelog v0.35, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_more bugfixes

/////////////////Changelog v0.34, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_Samo suppression call lag found and removed

_Samo Menu adjustment for leader

/////////////////Changelog v0.32, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_Rapid Action Suppress key added

/////////////////Changelog v0.31, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_Samo Ball optimizations at close range

_Menu optimizitions and bug fixes... wip

//////////////////Changelog V0.3, SAMO, by the A.I.M team////////////////////

_Removed from Action Menu and Working off CBA keybinding.... Thanks CBA team.

Change Samo Menu Key to any key in Configure addons in the Configure->controls menu.

_Added Suppression length - Long, Medium, Short

Setting stays (within mission) until new length selected so you don't have to keep selecting it.

Found in Samo Submenu.

_If the player team has an Ammo bearer present, Ammo bearer will resupply player grouped units.

Yep... the ammo bearer actually has a function now.

_Only Selected Units or teams execute commands from Menu.

_Vehicle suppression if player Units are in a vehicle

Non drivers/gunners exit the vehicle and Suppress the target location with firearms.

_Suppress last position Command added... When selected command orders

selected Units to suppress last location suppressed

_SAMO Ball changed- Snaps to a target such as building/vehicle now, if SAMO ball is

within a small distance from target. Bottom of SAMO ball touches ground.

_Added Cease Fire and Suppress animations when command is executed.

_Fixed hold fire issue. Please let us know if you still have an issue with this.

_Samo Ball adjusted.

_Fixed Init issue with TPW and other mods. Please let us know if you still have an issue with this and mods involved.

_Various Suppression adjustments.

_Various Menu adjustments.

_Script optimizations and adjustments.

///////////

-Buglist

///////////

-POSSIBLE -TASK FORCE RADIO- Please let us know if you still have an issue with this.

afaik none of the team use this so please provide feedback if it works with this now or not.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////Future Features List////////////////////////////////

-

//////////////////THE A.I.M TEAM///////////////////////////////////////

Mikey74

--founder of A.I.M

--Lead coder of Aiss and Samo

--Team Lead

StTosin

--founder of A.I.M

--Media Relations

--Developer

CosmiC10R

--founder of A.I.M

--Lead developer/Coder of Samo

--Random OrganiZational Task Guy

Froggyluv

--A.I.M tester

--A.I.M team consultant

PitGurl

--Artboss!

A.I.M testing and development Team

Redarmy

Jcae2798

flyingPenguin

Jackralph

Brickwall

A Special thanks to the A.I.M team for all the hardwork!

SAMO V0.36A RELEASE VERSION LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js4nxs5hrudyffp/%40SAMOv0.36aRC.zip?dl=0

Requirements

CBA

a quick note..

-this is no longer in the action menu and can only be called via bound keys that can be rebound in the configure add on menu of the configure >>> controls menu in a mission

the keys do stay set to the key so you dont have to do it every mission.

Oops ... forgot to mention this version includes RedArmy's Rapid Action Suppress key and StTosin's new Rapid Action Cease Fire key bound in the same configure addons menu.

Thanks RainF

When a mission has begun, goto configure, then click controls. Down the bottom you will see Configure Addons, here is where you will find the default SAMO key to rebind.

Edited by CosmiC10R

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

a quick note..

-this is no longer in the action menu and can only be called via bound keys that can be rebound in the configure add on menu of the configure >>> controls menu in a mission

the keys do stay set to the key so you dont have to do it every mission.

Oops ... forgot to mention this version includes RedArmy's Rapid Action Suppress key and StTosin's new Rapid Action Cease Fire key bound in the same configure addons menu.

Sorry, could you please clarify what exactly we are meant to bind, i found that sentence very hard to follow.

EDIT:

Worked it out.

When a mission has begun, goto configure, then click controls. Down the bottom you will see Configure Addons, here is where you will find the default SAMO key to rebind.

Thanks for the mod, looks great.

Edited by RAINF

Sorry, could you please clarify what exactly we are meant to bind, i found that sentence very hard to follow.

EDIT:

Worked it out.

Thanks for the mod, looks great.

guess thats why i couldnt get it to work. thanks!

EDIT:

Worked it out.

Thanks for helping with the description... I tried to explain it well but clearly failed lol.

If you don't mind, I'm going to quote that in the release post to help other players.

Cheers Guys!

Thanks for helping with the description... I tried to explain it well but clearly failed lol.

If you don't mind, I'm going to quote that in the release post to help other players.

Cheers Guys!

Your description was actually quite clear, but I had no idea that the addon configuration button existed to begin with. Of course, no need to ask for my permission for that, and again, thankyou for the mod.

Hi Mikey & teams,

I've been using the mod, the suppression is not very effective. Mainly due to the 'suppress last' command, it doesn't seem to remember the position correctly. I think it tries to remember my pointer position when issuing the 'suppress last' command instead of the original position. It's random, sometimes it works well but other time either the units will not fire or fire at the wrong spot.

The way I test it is having a squad split into 2 fireteams perform successive bonding. I modified the WW AI Menu mod to include a force move command to make the maneuver team to form up on me when stuck in danger mode. Almost got a perfect bounding except the covering team usually doesn't fire at the right spot or not firing at all. Units also seem to lag a bit before they start suppressing i.e pause for 2-3 seconds before firing. Hope you have time to look into this.

Thanks all for your effort and time. Have fun.

Edited by TuffShitSki

Hi Mikey & teams,

I've been using the mod, the suppression is not very effective. Mainly due to the 'suppress last' command, it doesn't seem to remember the position correctly. I think it tries to remember my pointer position when issuing the 'suppress last' command instead of the original position. It's random, sometimes it works well but other time either the units will not fire or fire at the wrong spot.

The way I test it is having a squad split into 2 fireteams perform successive bonding. I modified the WW AI Menu mod to include a force move command to make the maneuver team to form up on me when stuck in danger mode. Almost got a perfect bounding except the covering team usually doesn't fire at the right spot or not firing at all. Units also seem to lag a bit before they start suppressing i.e pause for 2-3 seconds before firing. Hope you have time to look into this.

Thanks all for your effort and time. Have fun.

I'm finally back after a rough six weeks at work.

I'll be having a look at those things as well as a few other things like the push and pull commands.

I'll be helping Mikey with FOA as well in whatever Capacity I can so I have no idea what progress will look like at this point.

Push being the command for grouped units to fire on a position while moving to it and pull being firing at a postion while regrouping. It works as of now but the ai have a tendency to continue firing while their teammate crosses their los lol.

In the End, Pull may be more useful but we will see as I am not happy enough with it to try it in a mission yet.

I think this is a revolutionary creation for Arma A.I. usage and hope you guys continue this great work.