mikey74

SAMO Squad Action Menu Orders

Ok ... quick update... 

Nikoteen tested it and Ive narrowed it down... but the fixes have introduced some unwanted behaviour.

At this point, if you want 0.40b to function with all rifles, you need to have aiatp or cup terrains active...

I have fought this for days and cannot figure out why this particular version only works when that is active... something since the 1.54 update has created this...

It may have something to do with the target config but me and mikey are getting different results locally as well which isnt helping...

Now i realize how ridiculous it is to have a 6+gb dependency on a 180kb file.... 

But in the short term this works until i rewrite it from the ground up which Mikey and I were just talking about.

And why wouldnt you have Cup terrains... :P

sorry guys... I need to take a quick break from this... the bruise on my forehead needs a break. Mikey and I are going to dig into FOA a bit and I'm going to come back to it in the next few days and let it stew on the subconscious backburner...

• Like 1

I hope that bruise isn't because you have been banging your head on the table?

Keep up the good work mate.  With suppression (and hopefully autofirst aid !) this is great!

Ok ... quick update... 

Nikoteen tested it and Ive narrowed it down... but the fixes have introduced some unwanted behaviour.

At this point, if you want 0.40b to function with all rifles, you need to have aiatp or cup terrains active...

I have fought this for days and cannot figure out why this particular version only works when that is active... something since the 1.54 update has created this...

It may have something to do with the target config but me and mikey are getting different results locally as well which isnt helping...

Now i realize how ridiculous it is to have a 6+gb dependency on a 180kb file.... 

But in the short term this works until i rewrite it from the ground up which Mikey and I were just talking about.

And why wouldnt you have Cup terrains... :P

sorry guys... I need to take a quick break from this... the bruise on my forehead needs a break. Mikey and I are going to dig into FOA a bit and I'm going to come back to it in the next few days and let it stew on the subconscious backburner...

And that would explain why it worked flawlessly for me! Keep up the good work Cosmic / Mikey. 

Updated mod v0.3.8-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Mikey74 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

This is an insanely cool mod. cosmic10r, you are to be commended on what you've accomplished here. Suppression is, hands down, my favorite feature. It's very reminiscent of the VBS suppression effect. Out of curiosity, have you ever considered expanding the functionality to include Zeus multiplayer? I don't know if that's a mode you play very much, but there would be some very real benefit for curators to be able to click on groups of AI and instruct them to suppress an area of the map.

This is an insanely cool mod. cosmic10r, you are to be commended on what you've accomplished here. Suppression is, hands down, my favorite feature. It's very reminiscent of the VBS suppression effect. Out of curiosity, have you ever considered expanding the functionality to include Zeus multiplayer? I don't know if that's a mode you play very much, but there would be some very real benefit for curators to be able to click on groups of AI and instruct them to suppress an area of the map.

Thanks a lot of time and effort went into this. Cosmic has done a great job. I'm currently working on a HC version of SAMO. ITS very early works. Right now its for IFA3. I'm making for a friend. That being said we may look into adding an option for curators to be able to do some things when we start moving it to no mod requirments. I know very little of Zeus so I cant promise anything.

• Like 1

To be fair Mikey deserves most of the credit here...

Some of those scripts have really stood the test of time.

I actually thought this thread had been buried lol...

This mod is something I would like to revisit at some point so Zeus compatibility may come if it is at all possible...

With mad cheeses excellent c2 mod out it went back to the drawing board but I think there is still some value in it for people like me who prefer a high command type thing whereas c2 is very detailed in its options and features...

• Like 1