Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Call of Duty Exosuit

I´m just making this thread because this little Review here is abolutely hillarious :D

At least they're bucking a trend. We thought the mainstream FPS game would go back to WW2. Instead it went all Space...y.

At least they're bucking a trend. We thought the mainstream FPS game would go back to WW2. Instead it went all Space...y.

I see what you did there :p

I´m just making this thread because this little Review here is abolutely hillarious :D

There's something it wasn't clear in that review, and I'm really interested in...

Does Kevin Spacey appears in that game in an exo suit?

So Kevin Spacey is in the game??!!? And what about the exo suit, did I miss something?

He (Spacey) appears in the game (a lot) but not in the Exo suit.

I like Mack's reviews for the most part, but it irks me that he plays CoD expecting something that CoD never was (and I suspect never will be).

I treat CoD like I treat 24, a mindless, yet entertaining waste of time.

That way, I'm never disappointed ;)

After 11 years experience of Warfare shooters and the largest game budget on the planet coupled with the amazing tech they have available would you not think that Activision could commission an amazing open world FPS wargame that allows the player to get immersed in a campaign with huge scenarios, open ended missions, tactical options that can change on the battlefield when the player decides, vehicles that the player can drive, full coop and no Kevin fucking Spacey. No, instead we get this bullshit shovelled down our throats yet again.

Having these sorts of ludacris expectations where CoD is concerned is simply setting yourself up for a major disappointment.

And furthermore, if you know you don't like the type of game that CoD is, avoid it as opposed to spending money on it and by mission of action getting really angry when it turns out to be exactly what you expected it to be.

Edited by BangTail

So Kevin Spacey is in the game??!!? And what about the exo suit, did I miss something?

Wanted to ask the same. Who's the famous actor that's in the game? And something about a suit? A- a- jumpsuit? I know he said it in the vid but I can't remember...

Few questions(doubt someone here will answer them:p ):

Does it has explosions??

Are we allowed high tech actions like opening doors this time instead of our bros AI?If we can,will we have a trutoril...trotlil...tutorial for them?

Is it related with MTV?

Will the Exosuits have a pocket to store Doritos and Mountain Dew??As you all know,the scientists around the world discovered you can't go to war without these rations.

I just want to say that all games have limitations, even your beloved ArmA. Games are a form of entertainment. If it plays like a movie, then so be it, it is still entertainment. I bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare today and it is the first Call of Duty game that I've purchased since Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It isn't that bad and I expected it to be a typical Call of Duty game when I bought it. I like games like Call of Duty when I want to play a first person shooter that is quick and fast paced. Don't hate it if you've never actually played it.

You simply can't compare a game like Call of Duty to ArmA. Although they are within the same genre, they have completely different "play styles". Call of Duty is meant to be fast-paced and exciting and full of action. It is entertainment. ArmA is also entertainment, although slower, lets the player make decisions and play differently each time, and use logic. Both have their pros and cons. Both are most likely for entirely different audiences.

Are we allowed high tech actions like opening doors this time instead of our bros AI?If we can,will we have a trutoril...trotlil...tutorial for them?

I'm still early on in the game and I've been given the option to choose from different breaching doors and kick them in myself.

I think people in this thread just make fun of the vid posted by the OP.^^

I've started with CoD 4 Modern Warfare (actually started with plain CoD 1 but CoD 4 was the first modern one) years ago and found it amazing at that time. It's still the best modern CoD ever made in my opinion and I've surely beaten it 20 times over the years. Story, action, mission design, cutscenes - everything felt great and was new at that time. Modern Warfare 2 couldn't live up to it, I've played a few other CoDs and I guess Black Ops is on the second place for me, just because it had a somewhat cool setting. (Though they've screwed up Black Ops 2.) In the end, it was all the same. It felt like they didn't even try to tell an interesting story in MW 3 or World At War. Eventually I've lost the interest in the series but that doesn't mean it's bad entertainment. I'd probably even buy a recent one on budget for 5 or 10€ tops.

Yeah I still have CoD 1+Expansion somewhere around here. Great game! MW1 was very good too, but everything after that was just building up hype and then selling the same thing over and over again....