garverick

Arma 3 Sound Missing in Multiplayer

Well, we just tried this again with a new player (who hasn't experienced this bug earlier) and result is the same — folks with same mods can see and hear eachother shots, but the new guy (who was missing all HLC packs, Task Force Radio and used AiA instead of AiA TP) couldn't hear other players shots (except mine for some reason, I was admin but we were playing on dedicated server) and neither can we hear his shots.

I really hope that Bohemia will look into this.

Edited by Semiconductor

Having the same mods does not work for me. Tested people who only have all the same mods as me (an no more), I can't hear. One of the guys I can always hear is using a ton of mods I don't have, and I can still hear him. I am trying to figure out if using PlaywithSix might be part of the issue as well. Do any other people having the issue with the sounds use/have used PlaywithSix?

Okay, we just tested it without PWS launching game through Steam and selecting mods from "Expansions" menu and result is the same. We even tested it with yet another player who hasn't experienced this problem until today — still same result, we can't hear shots and see flashes until we have same modset. I was using AGM, RHS, TFAR, CBA, AIA TP and second player disabled RHS and TFAR (they weren't necessary for mission). Everything returned to normal the moment he enabled them.

It seems that using PWS or Steam doesn't make any difference. :(

Unsubscribing form all Workshop content didn't fix the issue either.

Edited by Semiconductor

no idea whats causing this with or with all same mods, even using vanilla for us it happened soon as we swap weapons or place weapon on ground and pick up some of us lose the ability to hear certain players its a complete mix up for us sometimes i can hear this guy and sometimes i cant even if he has the same gun sometimes i can hear this guys no problem its a big issue that unfortunately since it only effects a small portion of us were gonna get boned on a fix anytime soon, i just looking past it now and been playing w/o some of us being able to hear each other, its fun but its kinda annoying when you can't hear your bud open up with a lmg to signify that were opening up

I've been continuing to test this issues.

1- For everyone in my unit with this bug, it is mod related.

We recently tested the server mod-less again, and this time the issue did not appear. variables included; Vanilla server, no user had any mods. No issues.

2- The issues appears to be unaltered by scripts.

We tested many different missions, with a large variety of scripts. Without any mods the sound issue did not return. We used virtual arsenal, virtual ammo box, and many other scripts.

3- Task Force Radio and CBA_A3 did not add any issues as well.

My unit requires TFR, as I assume all large units require. When launched Vanilla and TFR/CBA the issue did not appear again. All above variables were included.

4- Regardless of the launcher the issue did not return with the above settings.

I use PlaywithSix, another member used Arma3Launcher, yet another member used Arma 3's Launcher, and the final test was with the expansion's within Arma 3. None of these methods created the issue.

Part 2:

5- RHS, MCC, our Modpack, JSRS2 enabled one at a time

when every member enabled all these mods; none of them had the issue. We even had some members enable mods like MCC or JSRS without other members enabling the mods.

6-Finally the issue showed up

My unit uses CSE. When someone enabled CSE everyone else could not hear them. When other people enabled CSE as well (all on version 0.9.1) some could hear each other, but others could not. For us the issue was with CSE. At this time we don't have a fix for the issue with CSE, but we are looking into it.

Test: 6 members were part of the test group, before the test 4 of the 6 could not hear each other's weapons. Steps 1-5 all 6 members were able to hear each other, but the 6th step 4/6 could not hear each other again. The server was tested without any mods enabled, then with all mods enabled including CSE.

Users all downloaded the file from http://csemod.com/ , removed all older versions, relaunched. Still no sound.

Edited by IncRaven

Um, that's strange because none of us ever installed CSE. Thank you for sharing the information though! :)

By the way, we got new guy who just upgraded his PC and installed fresh Arma 3 (he didn't played it since last spring) and he encountered this bug the moment he launched Arma with different modset (w/o RHS).

My friend got missing sound in MP quite randomly too... he even heard some sounds but not all of them.. ;/

We were using RHS and Aia TP only

But he couldnt hear vanilla stuff or rhs in a consistent manner

In my previous post, we ran vanilla ArmA 3 and it still didn't work at all. and a fix doesn't seem to be in sight anytime soon.

Hi all,

I´d like to share with you my problem with sound in ARMA 3.

Ive recently bought hedaset : http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/HSW1/

All is working as it should except one thing, when I switch to 3rd person view, sound is comming only from left headphone, right is silent, wich turns to be very unconfortable after a while.

I had suspicion that its caused by wi-fi cuz both r running on 2,4ghz, but event when I switch router to 5ghz, problem reamined.

- headset drivers r up to date

- headset has build in equializer, so there no possibility to chnage some settings on it.

Thanks for any advice

Anyone figure out a fix yet since this has been happening my group and i have stopped playing, and wont continue until there is a fix for this game breaking bug.

We have some people on the group with this bug.

Usually reinstalling Arma AND mods from 0 helps.

@Zriel i have done that. i have completely deleted and removed everything ArmA 3 related from my PC, redownloaded ArmA 3 and all the mods required and still have the same issue. even went to point of installing ArmA 3 to different part of my HDD.

Next step, make your friends do the same (or at least one of them). I cannot help you much as I've still not identified a pattern

I have this problem, I cannot hear other people firing any weapons, nor see the animations, likewise, other players cannot hear me.

Players firing vehicle/mounted wepons works fine, and i also see and hear AI smallarms just fine.

I tried a full reinstall of A3, as well as all the mods to no avail.

So to troubleshoot, I started up everything vanilla with another player on our regular server, then everything worked fine.

We then proceeded to add one and one mod, until we ran all the mods we normally use. To my surprise, everything worked fine,

and the problem seems to be gone. So much for the scientific approach. However, I'm not convinced this problem is gone,

and I will report back i I discover more, as well as keep a keen eye on this thread.

For those affected, i understand the frustration, it put me off playing for two months..

For those interested, these are the mods we all run, and should have synced via pw6:

@CBA_A3

@agm

@AllInArmaTerrainPack

@cTab

@FA18_A3

@task_force_radio

@BlastCore_A3

@JSRS2

@st_stamina_bar

@sthud_a3

Edited by MoonDawg
added modlist

Recently i had problems like this but i always used hamachi and LAN. So today i port forwarded and used internet type, bam it worked for me. I dont know if its just for me. but its just a recommendation.

Also get this issue. Seems to always happen with sidearms, regardless of mods, and sometimes happens with rifles as well. I can only guess its a syncing issue in MP.

EDIT: Confirmed after extensive testing that loading profiles with a rifle in Arsenal prevents sidearms from being heard in MP.

See the bug report here.

Edited by EddiePrice

There for a while my game was working just fined heard probably about 99% of weapons then we tested CSE again after it updated a few times and broke it again, now i probably hear bout 75%-85% of the weapons. that inlcudes CUP,HLC,RHS,STI,SMA, we are running JSRS:Dragonfyre but was working fine before we tested CSE

Same here, it's fu***** annoying, Bohemia find a solution plz .

For this moment, we host the server and when we play on, we have these issues even with basic rifles.

Our community (of 20-30 people) are having the same issues. The instant we switch weapons using Virtual Arsenal, it breaks and no one can hear each other's sounds.

Same here, it's fu***** annoying, Bohemia find a solution plz...

Vote the ticket up that Eddie Price linked to. Don't sit here crying on the forums - that isn't going to achieve anything. Voting issues on the tracker is the main way to get them fixed so crack on with it.

And still only 2 votes on this bug report, one of them being myself. If you want this fixed, check my testing processes and vote here.

I struggled with this one for a few days and after finding this thread while searching for a solution, I figured I'd drop in here and share my solution in the hopes that it solves it for others.

In my case, my friends and I were creating private servers running RHS (USAF and AFRSF), CAF Mod, ASDG Joint Rails, CBA A3, RH acc, and a few others. We were noticing issues like this where one player could not hear certain firing modes of another. For example I could hear one of my friends full auto, but I could not hear his single shot (and vice-versa). Two of my friends could hear each other fine. We would see no tracers, hear no reports, nor see any firing animation on the model. The only thing that could be heard was the bullet ping when it hit a target.

I was running MCC in addition to all the other mods so that I could help shape our RHS missions in a Zeus-like fashion, however the other guys were not running MCC. As soon as I disabled MCC and we all ran with the identical mod set all issues were fixed. In my case I'm guessing it had something to do with MCC being semi-client side (since they weren't required to have it to join the server); and I'd like to underscore that the problem wasn't specifically related to MCC; the crux seemed to be that everybody had to be running an absolutely identical mod set without exception.

I struggled with this one for a few days and after finding this thread while searching for a solution, I figured I'd drop in here and share my solution in the hopes that it solves it for others.

In my case, my friends and I were creating private servers running RHS (USAF and AFRSF), CAF Mod, ASDG Joint Rails, CBA A3, RH acc, and a few others. We were noticing issues like this where one player could not hear certain firing modes of another. For example I could hear one of my friends full auto, but I could not hear his single shot (and vice-versa). Two of my friends could hear each other fine. We would see no tracers, hear no reports, nor see any firing animation on the model. The only thing that could be heard was the bullet ping when it hit a target.

I was running MCC in addition to all the other mods so that I could help shape our RHS missions in a Zeus-like fashion, however the other guys were not running MCC. As soon as I disabled MCC and we all ran with the identical mod set all issues were fixed. In my case I'm guessing it had something to do with MCC being semi-client side (since they weren't required to have it to join the server); and I'd like to underscore that the problem wasn't specifically related to MCC; the crux seemed to be that everybody had to be running an absolutely identical mod set without exception.

MCC isn't client side - it should run on the server and all clients.

I found this thread in a Google search and now I know I'm not crazy!!!

If you would have actually read my message before responding to it you would have known that back in september.