Jump to content
dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Recommended Posts

Another question:

 

If I have settings (ai skill settings for example) defined in my init file, do those settings apply to units that will be spawned via trigger? What about re-spawns of that unit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Another question:

 

If I have settings (ai skill settings for example) defined in my init file, do those settings apply to units that will be spawned via trigger? What about re-spawns of that unit?

JEBUS saves the AI skill settings of individual units. If you want to apply other values, use a custom init string. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

 Hello there Blitzen88 !

for this you can also check here:

  Hide contents

 

 

Im using this with Jebus for a while. Flawless together. Cleanup system from GF is great also with Jebus

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dreadpirate

 

In creating a scenario i came across and bug/issue i want to report.

 

If spawning in a unit who has CBA task defend or,BIS_fnc_taskDefend AI will not look for buildings to garrison or weapons to man with CBA defend function applied to them and will instead patrol a S&D radius.They will not man weapons with BIS_fnc_taskDefend either(not sure if they SHOULD garrison with BIS_fnc_taskDefend).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, redarmy said:

@dreadpirate

 

In creating a scenario i came across and bug/issue i want to report.

 

If spawning in a unit who has CBA task defend or,BIS_fnc_taskDefend AI will not look for buildings to garrison or weapons to man with CBA defend function applied to them and will instead patrol a S&D radius.They will not man weapons with BIS_fnc_taskDefend either(not sure if they SHOULD garrison with BIS_fnc_taskDefend).

 

 

 

It doesn't look like BIS_fnc_taskDefend has a garrison building feature.

 

CBA task defend will only garrison buildings with 3 or more positions by default, maybe that's the problem? Also it seems to only order units to man weapons 31% of the time?

 

What parameters are you passing to JEBUS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

It doesn't look like BIS_fnc_taskDefend has a garrison building feature.

 

CBA task defend will only garrison buildings with 3 or more positions by default, maybe that's the problem? Also it seems to only order units to man weapons 31% of the time?

 

What parameters are you passing to JEBUS?

I think i see the issue

 

i was using the basic 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main; in units init,synced to trigger.

The reason CBA defend isnt working is because i was syncing group leader to CBA Defend module. 

 

on respawn or initial spawn it will forget its synced to the module i guess.I can run the defend comand through the init i think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redarmy said:

I can run the defend comand through the init i think.

 

 

Just for my learning, do you mind showing how you would achieve this? I presume

 

"INIT=", "_proxyThis [] CBA_fnc_moduleDefend, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask how to integrate

removeallitems this
removeallmagazines this

into "INIT="?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dread,

 

As it stands right now, Cached units will only “spawn in” when a player or player controlled unit comes within the activation distance. Is there any way to make it so that ANY enemy unit, player controlled or not, will activate cached units?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dreadpirate 

 

Is there any way i can have groups respawning and have their variable name remembered/reapplied to them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, dreadpirate said:

Have a look at the aircraft in the demo mission. I have a function called jebus_pilot_kill that kills the crew when they bail out. Should work for any vehicle. 

 

 

hello, I put the following command at the squad leader's init. The group has 3 jets and the script does not affect the squad members, besides the leader the rest of the pilots do not die when ejected. Can you help me? I want to keep these units working as a squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Markkos26 said:

 

 

hello, I put the following command at the squad leader's init. The group has 3 jets and the script does not affect the squad members, besides the leader the rest of the pilots do not die when ejected. Can you help me? I want to keep these units working as a squad.

 

So I figured it out, and it might works for squad tanks too:

 

// Kills the crew of an aircraft when they decide to bail out
// Prevents long respawn waits when aircraft crash far from the battlefield
// [_proxyThis] call jebus_fnc_pilotKill
// Optional second parameter for debugging: [_proxyThis, 'DEBUG'] call jebus_fnc_pilotKill

_aircraft = vehicle (_this select 0);

if ("DEBUG" in _this) then { _debug = true;	};

_crew = _this select 0;
_crewGroup = group _crew;
_crewInGroup = units _crewGroup;

if (_debug) then { systemChat "Jebus Pilot Kill is active";	};

waitUntil {!canMove _aircraft};

if (_debug) then { systemChat "Killing crew"; };	
sleep 20; //added to give the pilot a chance to eject using the new Jets DLC eject feature - Imperator

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach _crewInGroup;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×