dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Another question:

If I have settings (ai skill settings for example) defined in my init file, do those settings apply to units that will be spawned via trigger? What about re-spawns of that unit?

5 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Another question:

If I have settings (ai skill settings for example) defined in my init file, do those settings apply to units that will be spawned via trigger? What about re-spawns of that unit?

JEBUS saves the AI skill settings of individual units. If you want to apply other values, use a custom init string. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

ai skill settings

Hello there Blitzen88 !

for this you can also check here:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there Blitzen88 !

for this you can also check here:

Hide contents

Im using this with Jebus for a while. Flawless together. Cleanup system from GF is great also with Jebus

• Thanks 1

@dreadpirate

In creating a scenario i came across and bug/issue i want to report.

If spawning in a unit who has CBA task defend or,BIS_fnc_taskDefend AI will not look for buildings to garrison or weapons to man with CBA defend function applied to them and will instead patrol a S&D radius.They will not man weapons with BIS_fnc_taskDefend either(not sure if they SHOULD garrison with BIS_fnc_taskDefend).

11 hours ago, redarmy said:

@dreadpirate

In creating a scenario i came across and bug/issue i want to report.

If spawning in a unit who has CBA task defend or,BIS_fnc_taskDefend AI will not look for buildings to garrison or weapons to man with CBA defend function applied to them and will instead patrol a S&D radius.They will not man weapons with BIS_fnc_taskDefend either(not sure if they SHOULD garrison with BIS_fnc_taskDefend).

It doesn't look like BIS_fnc_taskDefend has a garrison building feature.

CBA task defend will only garrison buildings with 3 or more positions by default, maybe that's the problem? Also it seems to only order units to man weapons 31% of the time?

What parameters are you passing to JEBUS?

7 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

It doesn't look like BIS_fnc_taskDefend has a garrison building feature.

CBA task defend will only garrison buildings with 3 or more positions by default, maybe that's the problem? Also it seems to only order units to man weapons 31% of the time?

What parameters are you passing to JEBUS?

I think i see the issue

i was using the basic 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main; in units init,synced to trigger.

The reason CBA defend isnt working is because i was syncing group leader to CBA Defend module. 

on respawn or initial spawn it will forget its synced to the module i guess.I can run the defend comand through the init i think.

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

I can run the defend comand through the init i think.

Just for my learning, do you mind showing how you would achieve this? I presume

"INIT=", "_proxyThis [] CBA_fnc_moduleDefend, 

Can I ask how to integrate

removeallitems this
removeallmagazines this

into "INIT="?

Dread,

As it stands right now, Cached units will only “spawn in” when a player or player controlled unit comes within the activation distance. Is there any way to make it so that ANY enemy unit, player controlled or not, will activate cached units?

Thanks

@dreadpirate 

Is there any way i can have groups respawning and have their variable name remembered/reapplied to them? 

On 2/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, dreadpirate said:

Have a look at the aircraft in the demo mission. I have a function called jebus_pilot_kill that kills the crew when they bail out. Should work for any vehicle. 

hello, I put the following command at the squad leader's init. The group has 3 jets and the script does not affect the squad members, besides the leader the rest of the pilots do not die when ejected. Can you help me? I want to keep these units working as a squad.

22 hours ago, Markkos26 said:

hello, I put the following command at the squad leader's init. The group has 3 jets and the script does not affect the squad members, besides the leader the rest of the pilots do not die when ejected. Can you help me? I want to keep these units working as a squad.

So I figured it out, and it might works for squad tanks too:

// Kills the crew of an aircraft when they decide to bail out
// Prevents long respawn waits when aircraft crash far from the battlefield
// [_proxyThis] call jebus_fnc_pilotKill
// Optional second parameter for debugging: [_proxyThis, 'DEBUG'] call jebus_fnc_pilotKill

_aircraft = vehicle (_this select 0);

if ("DEBUG" in _this) then { _debug = true;	};

_crew = _this select 0;
_crewGroup = group _crew;
_crewInGroup = units _crewGroup;

if (_debug) then { systemChat "Jebus Pilot Kill is active";	};

waitUntil {!canMove _aircraft};

if (_debug) then { systemChat "Killing crew"; };	
sleep 20; //added to give the pilot a chance to eject using the new Jets DLC eject feature - Imperator

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach _crewInGroup;

Post deleted -

issue solved.brain fart  due to being away from Arma for too long.

Is there any way to add an addaction to a unit via the Jebus init command? I tried but could never figure it out. 

Can anyone post an example?

5 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Is there any way to add an addaction to a unit via the Jebus init command? I tried but could never figure it out. 

I believe unit inits are saved,as long as its infantry and not vehicle from my testing.

For example adding "This forceFlagTexture "\IFA3Ex\flags\GerH_flag\GerH_flag.paa" ; to a vehicle causes a flag to attatch to vehicle,but as soon as jebus grabs it,flag dissapears on respawn.Infantry  however have their init string saved(for example using custom gear).

Is adding add action from their init not working on both infantry and vehicles?

8 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

I made a tiny demo mission that adds a dummy action (in red) to JEBUS group members and a dummy action (in blue) to their vehicle.

This will only work if JEBUS is run on the vehicle, so multi-vehicle groups require a different solution.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qqB7BwTgRsWKPyvAQx_wuMSKxjtzHjyQ

16 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I made a tiny demo mission that adds a dummy action (in red) to JEBUS group members and a dummy action (in blue) to their vehicle.

This will only work if JEBUS is run on the vehicle, so multi-vehicle groups require a different solution.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qqB7BwTgRsWKPyvAQx_wuMSKxjtzHjyQ

Is this the same demo mission that comes with the script or a different one?

EDIT

Got it to work!! Thank you for your help!

@dreadpirate Iv discovered an issue with spawning units in vehicles..JEBUS breaks the "transport unload" waypoint if you start with lets say a group of 8 men in a helo.(i.e drag them into helo in editor) The helo,pilots and passengers spawn,go on waypoints but do not unload passangers at transport unload waypoint.

I assume JEBUS upon spawning the groups,is creating one group and therefore,it looks like the helo pilots have no passengers.

Tested without JEBUS on the helo and waypoint will work.Is there any way i can get them to transport unload and all start in the helo together?

3 hours ago, redarmy said:

Tested without JEBUS on the helo and waypoint will work.Is there any way i can get them to transport unload and all start in the helo together?

Can you move them into the helicopter via command?  I think this would require the helicopter to be named and I dont know if that would work with Jebus...?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redarmy said:

@dreadpirate Iv discovered an issue with spawning units in vehicles..JEBUS breaks the "transport unload" waypoint if you start with lets say a group of 8 men in a helo.(i.e drag them into helo in editor) The helo,pilots and passengers spawn,go on waypoints but do not unload passangers at transport unload waypoint.

I assume JEBUS upon spawning the groups,is creating one group and therefore,it looks like the helo pilots have no passengers.

@redarmy Currently, JEBUS just scans the cargo of a vehicle and assumes everyone is in the same group.

I just experimented with naming the helo (yes, variable names are saved) and using moveInCargo on the passenger group, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.....

@behemeth wrote a variation of fn_main.sqf that allows for a transported group, but I never got around to testing it.....

I found that it was not possible to have different groups in one vehicle. Use Case: You want to have a driver and a task force in a vehicle. The vehicle goes to a drop off point and the task force exits and both, vehicle and task force, continue their own specific waypoints.

I changed the fn_main.sqf to allow for such: https://pastebin.com/XAV7qFkP

I also provide an example mission of this use case: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vp4wkuh64RN1PVGd27pDH28Ypkq9vvbc

The changes for the additional groups within the vehicle are a little more invasive than the changes up to now. I did debug with 2 lives and it did work nicely. However, Jebus offers a lot of options, which I do not use yet and hence didn't test. So there's no guarantee the code changes will work for every possible scenario.

7 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

@redarmy Currently, JEBUS just scans the cargo of a vehicle and assumes everyone is in the same group.

I just experimented with naming the helo (yes, variable names are saved) and using moveInCargo on the passenger group, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.....

I can get it work with regular unload waypoints(load works too) 

Its a decent enough work around so if anyone has issues with it in future they can use this.

Cheers man

On 4/26/2019 at 12:35 AM, redarmy said:

I can get it work with regular unload waypoints(load works too) 

Its a decent enough work around so if anyone has issues with it in future they can use this.

Cheers man

Can you explain how you got it to work?  Just curious