Sign in to follow this  
Purzel

infinite enemy respawn...?

Hi,

I´m looking for a possibility to respawn enemy squads (if eliminated by human players).

I need this for a map running on our server.

So everybody who is connecting will spawn in a trigger-area, which is spawning some enemy troops.

If the enemy troops are killed, the same group should spawn again (maybe at a different spawn-site), so our server-guests can play "indefinetly".

Is this somehow possible?

I´ll tried around with some spawn-markers/modules, but no enemy respawns...

Greetings Purzel

You could do something with the onPlayerConnected command, so when someone connects, it spawns a group of enemies at some random marker location.

@Purzel I am currently working on a free roam mission template called Total War Company of heroes that uses Varoius community mod/scripts to populate the entire map ie all towns military bases and other locations. Triggers are being used to spawn enemy units when the player gets within X meters from the locations. The Trigger area (AO) can only be activated when a set number of bluefor units are within the AO. Some of the areas (AO) will despawn when no bluefor units are X metters away from the areas (AO) however the whole trigger will not reset until a specific time period goes by (I set a default time for all the AO's for 90-120 minutes). This will allow for all AO's to be replayed after a time period. You have the ability to set the triggers to only once if you want.

You should look at these!!!

DCA - Dynamic-AI-Creator by Silola V3.1

EOS - Enemy Occupation System & BASTION by BangaBob V1.98

COS - Civilian Occupation System By BangaBob v0.5

SLP - Spawning script BY Nomadd V3.43

AISSP - AI Spawn Script Pack 0.90 by SpunFin

AIRS - by SpunFin

UPSMON script by Monsada

Urban Patrol Script by Kronzky

Ultra Simple Patrol Script v1.6 (USPS) by JW Custom

ect!!!!!!!!!!

You may need to edit and test play a lot some scripts/mod do not work well with each other ): a lot of trial and error in the editor. Avibird.

Thanks guys - I forgot to say:

I don´t want to use another mod!

Just a script or something like that...

I´ll try around with your tipps!... ;)

What do I have to change here?

e.g. I wanna have a mixed 10 men CSAT-group..?

_trigger = _this select 0;

_unit = _this select 1; //REQUIRED

_number = _this select 2; //REQUIRED

_side = _this select 3; //REQUIRED

_respawn = _this select 4;

_group = createGroup _side;

_spawnTime = _this select 6;

_posInTrigger = [0, 0, 0];

_alive = 0;

Edited by Purzel

@ Purzel don't be afraid to use mod's!!!! Just save your shit before you mess around with them LOL. All the above are scripts including DAC ( DAC has a mod and script version). I always only like to try to use scripts however there are some really awesome mod that scripts can't come close. MCC4 is the shit (MOD) it has a save function that will let you save your games. Bohemia never really had it working or fix the save function in both SP/MP as well as the respawn function for SP I don't know why.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

@ Purzel don't be afraid to use mod's!!!! Just save your shit before you mess around with them LOL. All the above are scripts including DAC ( DAC has a mod and script version). I always only like to try to use scripts however there are some really awesome mod that scripts can't come close. MCC4 is the shit (MOD) it has a save function that will let you save your games. Bohemia never really had it working or fix the save function in both SP/MP as well as the respawn function for SP I don't know why.

I understand where he is coming from, it's not that he is afaird to use mods, just some are hassles and cause some scripts and such to not work. And going fully vanilla with something and allowing the "end-user" to add in the mods they want is way better for the mission developer when having to update stuff.

@Jshock I do agree with you both. I mostly use scripts for that reason as well. Mod can really mess things up if you are using various mod and scripts in the same mission. I learned The hard way to always back up files/folders when editing a mission (: do you know what the difference is between the mod and script version of DAC! I asked but never really got an answer. I can't live without using DAC.

@PURZEL if you really want to look at a great thread that talks about the community scripts/mod for AI improvement and respawning look at this link AI Compilation List of Addons/Mods/Scripts & Misc by gunter severloh http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175400-AI-Compilation-List-of-Addons-Mods-Scripts-amp-Misc Avibird.

AFAIK script version of DAC is the same as the mod version except it doesn't include custom sounds (at least that's how it was with DAC for Arma 2). If you use the script version make sure you disable DAC sounds in your DAC_Config_Creator.sqf file.

@savageCDN thank you! I never really understood the difference. You need to have the mod to test play all the example missions that he put into the folder. If there is no difference then I am going back to the script version like I had in arma2.

You're welcome... if you come across any other differences please let me know!

Maybe something like this could be useful. Cheers.

Edited by Iceman77