Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Intel pentium 2.8 ghz

I saw the intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz processor for 500$ on a special shop in my street, which differs to when the 2.5ghz was released it had a price of 1000$ +++ biggrin.gif

i was wondering, does anyone know when the 3.0 Ghz will be out?

i hope by christmas wink.gif

I can tell you what is happening right now in Germany. Due to the new 2.8 all other prices will drop heavily till the end of this month. Then we will probably have the following:

P4 2.8 520.- Euro

p4 2.66 410.-

p4 2.6 410.-

p4 2.53 250.-

p4 2.4 200.-

SO wait before you decide to upgrade.

And it is most likely that we will reach 3.0 before christmas

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 17 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can tell you what is happening right now in Germany. Due to the new 2.8 all other prices will drop heavily till the end of this month. Then we will probably have the following:

P4 2.8   520.- Euro

p4 2.66 410.-

p4 2.6   410.-

p4 2.53 250.-

p4 2.4   200.-

SO wait before you decide to upgrade.

And it is most likely that we will reach 3.0 before christmas<span id='postcolor'>

Prices after the 3.0 release

2.8 410.-

2.66 250.-

2.6 250.-

2.53 200.-

2.4 150

Oh and i had no plans of upgrading i just am a VERY curious man

Buy an Intel and you waste your money smile.gif

My AMD 1.4 GHz (not XP!wink.gif outperforms a PIV 1.6 and is more or less on par with a PIV 2 GHz smile.gif Athlon XP's widen the gap even more smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 17 2002,20:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Buy an Intel and you waste your money smile.gif

My AMD 1.4 GHz (not XP!wink.gif outperforms a PIV 1.6 and is more or less on par with a PIV 2 GHz smile.gif Athlon XP's widen the gap even more smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Here we go again...

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 17 2002,20wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Buy an Intel and you waste your money smile.gif

My AMD 1.4 GHz (not XP!wink.gif outperforms a PIV 1.6 and is more or less on par with a PIV 2 GHz smile.gif Athlon XP's widen the gap even more smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I was waiting for someone to bash intel in this thread but i didnt expect it to be a mod  sad.gif

and i think you are going a bit offtopic.

No flame war please

I'm going to trade in my Intel and guy a AMD, and with the money I save, I'll donate it to hungry children in Africa.

Na, I'll keep my Intel and I'll sleep well knowing that I prevented skinny kids from getting fat in Africa.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Sep. 17 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 17 2002,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Buy an Intel and you waste your money <!--emo&smile.gif

I was waiting for someone to bash intel in this thread but i didnt expect it to be a mod  sad.gif

and i think you are going a bit offtopic.

No flame war please<span id='postcolor'>

There is no bashing and there is no flaming. I merely pointed out a few facts.

Do you want screenshots of some benchmarks?!?

I am contemplating upgrading soon so that would be good thanks.

RED

Nice 486 Keg, I will take some screen pics of mine later.

RED

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

The proof that I was not flaming, but stating facts. I have an AMD 1.4 GHz, and I am on par with the PIV 2GHz and outclassing the PIV 1.6 GHz.

Without taking sides, let me just point out that Sandra is a synthetic benchmark, and does not necessarily reflect everyday instruction patterns. There are LOTS of different benchmarks, and different processors and chipsets dominate them based what type of architecture and system design the benchmark favors.

As long as you guys are happy with the level of performance and reliability of your system, just let it rest. Remember that even the fastest systems available today will be de-throned a month or two later.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 17 2002,14:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there AMD motherboards that support RIMM RAM (Rambus)? Cause if yes I would actually change away from Intel!<span id='postcolor'>

You can use MOBOT to search the most comprehensive motherboard database in the world to find out. As far as I know, there are no such systems, however.

AMD has a Rambus license, but the the best of my knowledge it has never been used.

Right now, for the average gamer, AMD gives the best bang for the buck.   And with the current cores, heat is really not an issue like it used to be.  Neither is stability.

At some point, Intel will regain the price/performance crown, and I am sure I'll go back to Intel then.  Until then, I am using AMD.

My biggest beef with Intel is that they dont seem to worry about alienating their customers with form factor change.  Since AMD adopted the Socket A format,  Intel has gone from Socket 370 (2 different processor sets, one incompatible with older s370 boards) to the first PIV socket, which they made incompatible within a year before they switched to the current packaging.  Basically, they usually end up screwing early adopters.

Want perfomance equal or excelling RD-RAM with an Athlon?

Pay some company to make you a custom motherboard with DDR-500 Ram smile.gif

Im myself a bit of a diehard AMD fan. Both CPUs I have owned in my short computer life have been AMD's, and they have both served well. No matter how much power a Intel has, I will always go AMD.

Col. Kurtz, are you serious about having a custom motherboard made, or were you kidding? wow.gif

I've never heard of that before, that's why I'm asking.

Outside of been a millionare, no, just a joke.

If your rolling in money and want the best of the best, then why not?

I just whished I had the kind of income that allowed me to go and do stuff like that......

Behold the Motherboard with 5 CPU slots!

10 Ram Slots cabable of taking up to 20gig of DDR-500 Ram!

As many AGP slots as you want!

An inbuilt Sound Blaster AudigyXP!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 18 2002,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Outside of been a millionare, no, just a joke.

If your rolling in money and want the best of the best, then why not?

I just whished I had the kind of income that allowed me to go and do stuff like that......

Behold the Motherboard with 5 CPU slots!

10 Ram Slots cabable of taking up to 20gig of DDR-500 Ram!

As many AGP slots as you want!

An inbuilt Sound Blaster AudigyXP!<span id='postcolor'>

*drool* wink.gif