Sign in to follow this  
TheEdge

Bushmaster ACR

I finished the Bulldog HP model and i want to do the LP in a few days, since i got bored with uvs and all that, anyway i finished aswell the ACR with a few attachments, really i need to learn how i can get this models into arma 3.

http://i.imgur.com/pLEvGLJ.jpg (232 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/WbCoTEf.jpg (166 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/kZwp6cw.jpg (223 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/q75Vpc3.jpg (223 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/la1iEdz.jpg (138 kB)

Cheers and sorry for the model spam.

Wow great work,

what is that laser nv IR sight thing on the side?

Is like this.

Xz4xS9I.jpg

Used for long range scopes.

Good people can stop bugging me about an ACR, beautiful work man... :)

I love ACRs. They're awesome. This is awesome.

So, so much you can do with them.

Maybe if we're good little boys and girls we can see some variants. Then we can just replace MX rifles completely.

really nice model, can't wait to see it textured.

question though, if it's a bushmaster ACR why does it have so many Magpul icons on it?

Well at least you can have like 3000000 tactical magpul logos, magpul is pretty much tacticool god so... yup.

And wow you get your models out SO FAST, did you already have this one made?

really nice model, can't wait to see it textured.

question though, if it's a bushmaster ACR why does it have so many Magpul icons on it?

Good point, maybe i should remove it.

Good people can stop bugging me about an ACR, beautiful work man... :)

@ EricJ Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... can you make an acr?

Just Kidding, The model looks great but will that transfer into the game or is that just a pre rendered model?

Still an acr is pretty cool. Cannot wait :)

@ EricJ Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... can you make an acr?

Just Kidding, The model looks great but will that transfer into the game or is that just a pre rendered model?

Still an acr is pretty cool. Cannot wait :)

I've actually imported a model from Turbo Squid but that was prep work for another project in the works, so more than likely no I will not be doing one or releasing one. Besides you have The Edge's version coming to you, so this one is way better than anything I can do.

But any other related questions move it to my release thread as this isn't the topic to discuss what I got going on also...

Edited by EricJ

One question, magnifiers can be set with 3.4x and 4x scopes?

Yes but remember that you can't flip the magnifier in front of the scope (anim issues, trust me its a well beaten to death topic) so do like Alwarren did, rotate the magnifier out of the way of the optic and then just create a 2D view for the magnified view. Then use a 3D view for the reflex scope.

And you can download the FHQ Accessories on Armaholic to see what I mean.

Edited by EricJ

Holy f*cking shit man you are a f*cking god! those models are amazing i have always wanted a ACR in Arma 3 :)

Yes but remember that you can't flip the magnifier in front of the scope (anim issues, trust me its a well beaten to death topic) so do like Alwarren did, rotate the magnifier out of the way of the optic and then just create a 2D view for the magnified view. Then use a 3D view for the reflex scope.

And you can download the FHQ Accessories on Armaholic to see what I mean.

Or just forget about magnification in that term. The Elcan Spectre scope is perfect, in that you don't have to create a 2D version, but 3D for both back up and main sight. 2D scopes don't look good, and on a rifle that look's this sexy... It needs to fit into the game well.

EDIT: Thought, would you consider adding this gun to the MANW contest? I think a high quality gun such as this would be perfect if added in that regard to the contest.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Great work !

It would be nice to see a CQB version with a 10 inch barrel and SD capability:cool:

Or just forget about magnification in that term. The Elcan Spectre scope is perfect, in that you don't have to create a 2D version, but 3D for both back up and main sight. 2D scopes don't look good, and on a rifle that look's this sexy... It needs to fit into the game well.

EDIT: Thought, would you consider adding this gun to the MANW contest? I think a high quality gun such as this would be perfect if added in that regard to the contest.

The issue that most gamers think of if they played say, Medal of Honor Warfighter, where you can have the actual animation and it shows the magnified view when selecting between the two. For 3D it's really not that simple as people think it is because the MOHW engine supported it, not the BIS engine, which doesn't. SURE you can have a 3D magnified view, but how are you going to change that from the Mag view to the regular reflex view? It's a hard limitation so you have to (as Alwarren did) make the magnified view 2D so to emulate a "looking through the magnifier" view, while having the actual magnifier rotated away from the EOTech (as in the case of his FHQ version) on the 3D model. Or you can rotate the magnifier away and have a seperate eyepoint so it "moves" to the magnifier", but you're not going to have the effect you're looking for (both in line as it should be). One of them (Or both) simply has to be one 2D, and one 3D, or both optics 2D, but you'll never get away with both 3D, unless you don't mind the Magnifier 3D model jammed in your "eye".

Yeah it's not like us modders haven't tried (Alwarren more than others) it but that's the reality of the situation, plus no way to properly animate the magnifier flipping to the side when switching, so would be implemented if possible? Of course, so people are wanting to do it and get it out, but there are hard limits to any game and that's one of them.