da12thMonkey

MRT Accessory Functions

With regard to BIS adding config commands in the Dev build, I don't suppose they've made it so 'scopeArsenal' allows you to hide 'duplicate' weapon attachments have they? Reference this link (if not, vote that issue up please).

Alas, no they don't seem to have added that yet. However if you're running ASDG Joint Rails (which when it comes to attachment addons, quite a few people are doing anyway), Robalo has integrated a customised version of BIS' Arsenal function that only displays 'public' Scope items. So if you're running a session with JR you can hide the duplicate attachments and still have them spawn-able with the MRT scripts by assigning them with plain old Scope = 1; (protected).

I'll still upvote the ticket though, since native support for that kind of thing is always useful.

Alas, no they don't seem to have added that yet. However if you're running ASDG Joint Rails (which when it comes to attachment addons, quite a few people are doing anyway), Robalo has integrated a customised version of BIS' Arsenal function that only displays 'public' Scope items. So if you're running a session with JR you can hide the duplicate attachments and still have them spawn-able with the MRT scripts by assigning them with plain old Scope = 1; (protected).

I'll still upvote the ticket though, since native support for that kind of thing is always useful.

Thanks. I realise ASDG JR counter's BI's ineffective coding, but the group I play with aren't using ASDG JR at this time, so I/we hope BI can introduce this in an update (though I wont hold my breath).

Arma 3 v1.38 is live on the game's Stable Branch now, so here's the updated v1.1 version of MRT Accessory Functions:

Download Mirror 1 - @Dropbox

Changelog:

* v1.10 - added support for SecondaryWeapon slot items (attachments for AT/AA launchers etc.)

The Armaholic and play withSix mirrors on the front page will hopefully be updated before long, and I'll modify the post to reflect the version change there when it happens.

That's about it really :)

Edited by da12thMonkey

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Nice Mod and thank u for u'r work

but there is a nasty bug which ensures that the NV-Goggles do not work anymore if you want to look through a weaponsight (no matter which one, even ironsight)

it took a while, but now I know the steps to reproduce the bug:

1. look through a mrt-optic with NVG enabled (i tested with the eotech 552 with 3x magnifier from the sma-mod)

2. don't look through the sight anymore and take the optic off the weapon (this step happens easily in the arsenal)

3. disable the NVG

4. get the optic back on the weapon

from now on u can't look through any optics with NVG enabled

I'm unable to reproduce this using the steps you provided, unless I'm doing them wrong.

I'm only running MRT, SMA, ASDGJR and CBA when conducting the test, and NVGs continue to work whenever I put an NVG-compatible optic back on to the weapon.

I'm unable to reproduce this using the steps you provided, unless I'm doing them wrong.

I'm only running MRT, SMA, ASDGJR and CBA when conducting the test, and NVGs continue to work whenever I put an NVG-compatible optic back on to the weapon.

Same, I just tried. I think the issue is you're trying to use an optic that isn't compatible with NVGs, which is why the NVGs don't work.

Alright...

there is a conflict with the mod "ScopesLove TrackIR"; so my problem is not caused by mrt, but only happens with mrt.

Pardon me for the false alarm and thank u for the quick replies.

Edited by masterT00L

Yea, with lasers and lights you have to actually switch the thing on again when it switches to the new mode, or in the case of the flashlight, off then on again if you perform the switch with the light already turned on (due to the apparent engine limitation we have when it comes to updating a weapon's light source).

During one of the betas I did have it set up so that the laser/light on the LLM would come on automatically when switching (as Robalo said this was by not overriding the L key input that turns the laser off and on). This meant the attachment could switch directly between a laser and a light source being projected. However, it also resulted in some less than ideal behaviours such as the adjustable flashlight flashing off and on repeatedly as you cycled through the modes (annoying as hell - was like using a signal lamp), and for tactical purposes it's probably safer to be able to set the mode you want without automatically switching the attachment on and giving your position away unintentionally. It also didn't work if you bound the rail switching keys to a non-default setting that didn't use the L key, so behaviour would be inconsistent from user to user.

When he was explaining the finer points of setting up his awesome CBA keybinding system to me, Taosenai suggested that I allow the function to override the underlying L or NUM-/ inputs when using the ctrl/shift combos and stop this erratic behaviour, and I agreed with him.

Different visual states that are the result of switching the models; like the changing reticles on the Holosight example and the magnifier on the Aimpoint example, are instant switches: i.e you can look down the sights and perform the switch. However, things like current zeroing settings on classes that have adjustable zero wouldn't carry over (they revert to the default/init settings for that class). Alas that's one of the limitations of the whole class-switching 'hack' we have to make do with until BIS decide to change things :)

I think I should apologise to you for changing the tag on the config parameters at the last minute, to something different from what they were in the alphas/betas I sent you. Going through your configs again to add the new tags was probably a bit tedious for the sake of changing 3 little letters. :D

But anyway folks - Alwarren's range of attachments for the FHQ pack were a big source of inspiration when it came to thinking up ideas of how this sort of system might find different applications beyond me wanting to make a semi-functional LLM Mk.3 in future, and deciding what additional features might be useful. The addon probably wouldn't be what it is, without his input.

----

I added the link to Robalo's compatibility config for ASDG attachments' bipods to the first post :)

Well that blows monkey nuts, not your fault but would save some config entries and so forth. Okay will have to deal with it.

apologies if this has been mentioned, but I can't find the attachments that used to be available with this mod. they're not available in the Arsenal, not can I see them in the editor. what am I doing wrong? I'm only running MRT, CBA and every ASDG mod I could find in PWSix.

Which ones? The example attachments that were in the video you made? They still work as far as I know.

Ed:- In fact I just tested to be certain, and they do still show up in the editor and Arsenal for me.

I'm assuming you installed them directly into the @mrt_accfncs folder and that you downloaded the mod via PWS:

In that case the example attachments may have been deleted when you updated the mod to v1.1, since they're not part of the core files of the mod. PWS removes files that aren't in the version of the modfolder synced on their network - it ensures that the update process removes obsolete files from older versions of mods.

If that's the case, I recommend running the examples in a separate modfolder in future, or have a backup of the .rar file on the front page where you can manually re-install the examples after updating the main MRT mod.

ok, thanks.

not sure about the .rar file, though. do you mean the mrt_fhq_llmaccfnc.pbo and mrt_r3f_surbaccfnc.pbo? are these the example attachments files?

EDIT: ok, found them near the end of the first post :eek: (Armaholic doesn't have them anymore, it seems).

Edited by sorophx

EDIT: ok, found them near the end of the first post :eek: (Armaholic doesn't have them anymore, it seems).

Hmm strange, the Armaholic link to the examples doesn't work from here but if you go to the main Armaholic download page for the addon MRT Accessory Functions @ Armaholic and click the link to the examples there (about mid way down the page) their mirror does work. The URL is the same as the one that was linked in the OP here, but only works when clicked though that page.

Hmm strange, the Armaholic link to the examples doesn't work from here but if you go to the main Armaholic download page for the addon MRT Accessory Functions @ Armaholic and click the link to the examples there (about mid way down the page) their mirror does work. The URL is the same as the one that was linked in the OP here, but only works when clicked though that page.

Examples link not working for me on that page you hotlinked brother

Examples link not working for me on that page you hotlinked brother

It works for me.

Tried IE11, google chrome, and my samsung andoid mobile. All three take me to the armaholic "red x" page

omg I have to use this mod thanks to some brilliant modder and I can't have the sight switch to the next state. What I use is left ctrl + right mouse button. How can I do that with this mod?? IDK why its not letting me and I can't anyother key bindings cause they are all used up atm.

Edited by docb58

omg I have to use this mod thanks to some brilliant modder and I can't have the sight switch to the next state. What I use is left ctrl + right mouse button. How can I do that with this mod?? IDK why its not letting me and I can't anyother key bindings cause they are all used up atm.

this video has it, go to Configure > Controls > Configure Addons > MRT Accessory Functions > the Optics State functions

The CBA Keybindings don't allow for binding mouse-buttons to custom actions. Try using the CTRL + / default and it will work, but you wont be able to use any mouse button.

The CBA Keybindings don't allow for binding mouse-buttons to custom actions. Try using the CTRL + / default and it will work, but you wont be able to use any mouse button.

Damn, I came here just to ask about this !!!

So there's no way to have it binded to ctrl + RMB in the future ? I too would like to have it that way...