katipo66

AAF voice acting

Ok i don't won't to offend anyone here but the voice acting for the AAF faction sounds a bit peculiar for me, actually when I first heard them back in the Alpha I thought it was a Joke BI playing on us as they kinda sounds like an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie in an English kind of way? What accent do they represent?

Probably I'm on my own if I was ever hoping they would ever replace or update them but in my opinion they sound really amateur like they got someone too do it in-house with an exaggerated fake German accent, or I'd be happier if I knew who it's supposed to represent.

It's a shame as I like playing this side the most.

The AAF have greek accents. It is perfectly accurate, this is what a greek accent sounds like.

is a video with some people speaking in greek accents

it's a metal band interview; sorry. I couldn't really find anything else and I was in the process of watching this while I typed this.

Ok thanks, excuse my ignorance, still I'm not sure I can ever get used to it but knowing it's accurate will help :)

To be fair though, there is actually an AAF voice that does sound a bit like Arnold. He also says "Flag out" and "Throwing Flag" instead of 'frag', but whatever.

Would have been nice to have Greek VO's :p

There were Americans with Eastern European accents in Arma 2. You can't really expect the best voice work with Arma games.

There were Americans with Eastern European accents in Arma 2. You can't really expect the best voice work with Arma games.

But you have to admit it is improved a LOT compared to arma 2. I hated Cooper's voice so much :-D

Would have been nice to have Greek VO's :p

Altians are supposed to be bilingual, and English the official language. Similar to Malta or India. I guess everyone in this thread can recognize someone speaking in English with Indian accent.

But you have to admit it is improved a LOT compared to arma 2. I hated Cooper's voice so much :-D

Kerry for me is an immersion breaker. Totally amateurish for a main character.

Washes up on the beach squad in the boat all dead. Says "they didn't make it" in a tone like he is talking about co workers not turning up for a crappy board meeting.

The brit ones sounding like they are in a war zone a sense of urgency. Then Kerry " I'm talking like I am sitting in a cubicle reading something"

But they have made a step in the right direction.

The voice acting comes way behind the fact I run around salvaging ammo and resources. Then start another mission back with the shit equipment. Like a forced nerf. That should be the players call or in a difficulty setting. "default loadouts" little things like this that were overlooked.

I guess everyone in this thread can recognize someone speaking in English with Indian accent.

I felt German accent, but then im a heathen.

@the_Demongod, yeah i listened to some of that interview and get the connection to the game now, anyway i feel better knowing that its not a completely made up accent created in the smoko room after a few beers, as mentioned it still would be nice to see some investment in the voice acting later down the track, its kinda always grated me since A2 also.

I hated Cooper's voice so much :-D

I actually like it, it's pretty distinctive and I'm glad it's still in the game. However, I'd rather have the AAF speaking Greek even if it's a bilingual state. What I loved about Arma 2 was that every faction spoke in their native language. I'm glad that the radio protocol improved in A3. It's not perfect yet but at least we don't have that robo talk any more.

I felt German accent, but then im a heathen.

Uhm, well maybe it's because I have some Greek friends; but the only thing that I miss it's the "Malakas" as interjection at the beginning of every phrase and some rants directly in Greek when stressed.

Nah I just being silly, although I'm going to listen out for some Indian influence next time.

There's obviously different influence on accents depending on which part of the world you come from..

Washes up on the beach squad in the boat all dead. Says "they didn't make it" in a tone like he is talking about co workers not turning up for a crappy board meeting.

The brit ones sounding like they are in a war zone a sense of urgency. Then Kerry " I'm talking like I am sitting in a cubicle reading something"

In fairness to the actor, he had some pretty corny dialogue most of the time, and Kerry isn't likeable anyway.

On 7/14/2014 at 2:36 AM, Sterlingarcherz101 said:

But they have made a step in the right direction.

The voice acting comes way behind the fact I run around salvaging ammo and resources. Then start another mission back with the shit equipment. Like a forced nerf. That should be the players call or in a difficulty setting. "default loadouts" little things like this that were overlooked.

Well, Miller was originally supposed to be the main character. Kerry is meant to be a generic, mediocre Army rifleman. So, in a sense, Bohemia made the perfect character to take that role. As for the loadouts, I don't know about you, but my loadout doesn't reset after I do a mission in East Wind.