Sign in to follow this  
jd3527

Weapon on back script for Arma 3

Hello my good sirs,

I would like somebody to please either tell me or make me a script that when the action menu is opened, a action comes up that says "Holster weapon" This would be used at the beginning of a mission in a briefing area to put a rifle on a soldier's back and his pistol kept holstered, effectively meaning that he would not have his weapons in his hand. Basically just for show. Is it also possible to use this script on AI units I want on patrol?

Thank you very much,

Jd3527, based at Nellis AFB, also a budding scripter

The new AGM mod has a holster weapon option where you can assign a key,and it will place your weapon on your back.

Not exactly what your looking for as it wont affect ai but that mod may be worth checking out as it is extremely modular so you could simply cherry pick the feature that has that holster feature you like.

I could swear that AI units placed rifles on their backs in early alpha when in "SAFE" mode, definitely saw it happening.

The animation for that is probably still in game.

Hello my good sirs,

I would like somebody to please either tell me or make me a script that when the action menu is opened, a action comes up that says "Holster weapon" This would be used at the beginning of a mission in a briefing area to put a rifle on a soldier's back and his pistol kept holstered, effectively meaning that he would not have his weapons in his hand. Basically just for show. Is it also possible to use this script on AI units I want on patrol?

Thank you very much,

Jd3527, based at Nellis AFB, also a budding scripter

sound like you're looking for the normal actions.

found here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Actions

_unit action ["SwitchWeapon", _unit, _unit, 100];  // wep on back
_unit action ["HandGunOffStand", _unit]; // holster sidearm

both worked last time i checked but it has been a while since i last checked.

as far as using it on ai for patrol, you will more then likely never ever get this to work how YOU want it to. what i mean is the second the commanding AI for the group issues a different order, they will follow that order. so you telling the ai to holster his gun, then his group leader says "be aware" so he draws his weapon back out.

Thanks, but the actions did not seem to work. Looked at the wiki, same problem.

weird that worked fine for me

what I used

player action ["SwitchWeapon", player, player, 100];

weird that worked fine for me

what I used

wow

that's awesome!

too bad it doesn't work for AI units

• Like 1

I could swear that AI units placed rifles on their backs in early alpha when in "SAFE" mode, definitely saw it happening.

The animation for that is probably still in game.

Sorry for necro but am astounded I can no longer start civilians with guns kept concealed. Surely remember using Safe mode a few years back to achieve this.. Any scripts or new commands for this?

rifle on back anim: "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon"

pistol in pocket anim: "AmovPercMstpSrasWpstDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon"

although you'll need to script more

Killzonekid script works, but after respawn the "no weapon" option don't appear anymore.

also some combination of holster weapons can make weird animations to happen, while on the move. Binoculars for example, or trying to holster weapons while prone and moving.

On 2014-07-08 at 0:35 PM, Lala14 said:

Where would I place this? When I execute it via the debug console it does exactly what I want; but it won't work via the unit's init field in Eden or in initPlayerServer.sqf. What I'm trying to achieve is for players who start with only a sidearm to not have it drawn when they join. We already have a keybind to holster it once in game, which I think is provided by ACE3.