vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

My cba_settings.sqf is not working too. Now I'm using the settings in my missions.

I don't know why but since I'm using the settings from the missions I can use the gestures.

I aksed for help lot of time.

And after the last update I can see a log. Bevor there was nothing:

19:20:21 [CBA] (settings) INFO: Userconfig: Ignored.

It seems that -filePatching and allowedFilePatching=2 are two diffent things, since the second (at least with ASRAI, that for sure, if it hasn’t it’s config file in userconfig\) doesn’t “really check” for files in userconfig folder.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, Lorenz94 said:

It seems that -filePatching and allowedFilePatching=2 are two diffent things, since the second (at least with ASRAI, that for sure, if it hasn’t it’s config file in userconfig\) doesn’t “really check” for files in userconfig folder.

First launches Arma with file patching enabled, second is a server property for allowing file patching on connecting clients (disallowed, allowed for headless clients only, allowed for all).

1 minute ago, jonpas said:

First launches Arma with file patching enabled, second is a server property for allowing file patching on connecting clients (disallowed, allowed for headless clients only, allowed for all).

You are right, I'm sorry. I tested more and got over this!

Anyway thank you for your reply!

Hi Guys,

one questions regarding CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

Is parmeter _delay really works on seconds if set something other than 0?
So if I use 1, does this really means it will run every second? Does it take into account of if game paused or not? 

On 16.4.2018 at 8:38 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Guys,

one questions regarding CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

Is parmeter _delay really works on seconds if set something other than 0?
So if I use 1, does this really means it will run every second? Does it take into account of if game paused or not? 

yes. Every second. No they don't take pause into account. They run based on diag_tickTime.

You could use CBA_fnc_waitAndExecute. Which runs on missionTime which does pause with game pause.
But that only runs it once. But you can just re-run it at the end of your script.

• Thanks 1

CBA v3.7.0 Released

Updates for Arma v1.82.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY: Github Link

• ADDED: Chinese translations (#883) GodofMonkeys
  • ADDED: XEH compatibility for 1.82 objects (#901) PabstMirror
  • ADDED: Updated Joint Rails for 1.82 weapons and attachments (#904) robalo
  • ADDED: Optional component to skip missing Mod check (#866) dedmen
  • ADDED: Whitelist for access to the server settings (#876, #892, #913) chris579 commy2
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_trim etc. support arbitrary character trimming (#872, #889) SilentSpike
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_vectRotate3D based on Rodrigues' Rotation Formula (#898, #906) LorenLuke
  • ADDED: FILE_EXISTS() macro (#899) chris579
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_uniqueUnitItems (#902) dedmen
  • ADDED: CBA_fnc_progressBar ported from ACE3 (#912) commy2
  • CHANGED: Settings weren't editable in unsaved mission (#865, #893) freghar commy2
  • CHANGED: CBA_fnc_waitUntilAndExecute wouldn't timeout if set to 0 (#910, #911) felixlinker
  • FIXED: Action bound to Delete key doesn't work on map screen (#880, #890) Timi007 commy2
  • FIXED: Issue with FLOAT_TO_STRING(), is now deprecated (#868, #887) fishykins commy2
  • FIXED: Keybinds not localized in diary (#884, #885) jonpas PabstMirror
  • FIXED: Scrolling issue in settings menu (#909) PabstMirror

Full Change log for CBA v3.7.0

DOCUMENTATION:

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I get the following error message that stops A3 running when starting A3 with CBA_A3 mod active, since this recent update:

Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helper\script_dikCodes.hpp not found

Same problem :

Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helper\script_dikCodes.hpp

That happen to a lot of people.

Another one. I think you guys may have pushed a faulty update.

All fine for me, check only with CBA.

On 4.5.2018 at 3:13 PM, zappatime said:

I get the following error message that stops A3 running when starting A3 with CBA_A3 mod active, since this recent update:

You forgot to mention that you are also running other mods besides just CBA_A3.

On 4.5.2018 at 6:37 PM, katane said:

Same problem :

Include file x\cba\addons\ui_helper\script_dikCodes.hpp

That happen to a lot of people.

18 hours ago, omfgitsst6 said:

Another one. I think you guys may have pushed a faulty update.

That file was deprecated since the first version of CBA for Arma 3 (Which was around 10 March 2013 btw). It should never have been used. All it did was redirect to "#include "\a3\editor_f\Data\Scripts\dikCodes.h""

So if you or one of the mods you are using is still using a file that has been deprecated for 5 years... Fix your mod.

It's probably ALiVE's fault. They already fixed it but if you didn't update your ALiVE you ofcause can't have the fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Correct and thanks, it was Alive that needed updating - my version was a few months old, strange the error only happened though after the last CBA update, maybe a reference to that file got re-introduced, whatever, thanks Dedmen

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

You forgot to mention that you are also running other mods besides just CBA_A3.

That file was deprecated since the first version of CBA for Arma 3 (Which was around 10 March 2013 btw). It should never have been used. All it did was redirect to "#include "\a3\editor_f\Data\Scripts\dikCodes.h""

So if you or one of the mods you are using is still using a file that has been deprecated for 5 years... Fix your mod.

It's probably ALiVE's fault. They already fixed it but if you didn't update your ALiVE you ofcause can't have the fix.

CBA v3.7.1 Released

This small update fixes an issue that causes long loading times of the pause menu, and adds and improves French and Japanese translations.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY: Github Link

• ADDED: French Translations (#918) NiiRoZz
  • ADDED: Updated Japanese translations (#917) classicarma
  • ADDED: assignedItems parameter to CBA_fnc_uniqueUnitItems (#922, #926) dedmen
  • FIXED: CBA_fnc_uniqueUnitItems using wrong default value (#922) dedmen
  • IMPROVED: Halfed pause menu loading time (#925, #927) dedmen

Full Change log for CBA v3.7.1

DOCUMENTATION:

Signatures are included.

Submit New Bugs on Github

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Having problems with CBA. Whenever I have CBA loaded, I cannot select GBUs, CBUs, or Mk82s on the bomb rack. They do not even show up as an option. Is this a known issue? If so, are there plans to fix it?

Having a Major issue with hosting my server;

It keeps terminating my server after it cannot find a file that Simply doesn't exist on the mod!

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

If anyone could help me I would be grateful!

14 hours ago, Col. Gareth said:

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

Let me make that shorter for you.

File CBA not found.

Now add a couple words to make it easier to understand

A File that's ALWAYS included in CBA is not there.

Meaning CBA is probably not there.

14 hours ago, Col. Gareth said:

Simply doesn't exist on the mod!

Wrong.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/blob/master/addons/main/script_macros_common.hpp

• Like 2

I have a quick question concerning licensing and sharing/using of CBA. I'm currently making a quick script that spawns AI sites somewhat similar to the sites module made by BI and I'm using the CBA defend function to achieve that. I'd like to modify it slightly so that the units garrisoned have _unit setPos _pos; on them instead of only doMove as I prefer having them in building positions right away rather than having them run to them. To include this small modification as a new sqf file inside the script I would publish, would I have to release that script under the GPLv2 license as well?

5 hours ago, NinjaRider600 said:

would I have to release that script under the GPLv2 license as well

Just read the license. Github has a nice summary at the top.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/blob/master/LICENSE.md

When distributing derived works, the source code of the work must be made available under the same license.

So. Yes.

Thanks, I read it but I just wasn't entirely sure and didn't want to make any mistake.

Having a problem wherei'm logged in as the admin of the server but can not use the Server tab for the addon menu, is there a set up i need to do first for CBA to kno wim an admin?