Final game thoughts *spolier*

Kind of a glum game they put out.

Victor Troska - Dead

Liz -Dead

Tasmanian Devil - Dead

The AT guy that was always around w/ the cool glasses - Dead

3 4ths of the blackops - Dead

Guba - Lived

Would have been a bit better had not so many main characters died, but kudos to BIS for bringing people like me that play a lot of army games, but don't plan on fighting, the reality of war wink.gif

Also, to make it a bit more realistic, I would have liked to see a few women in combat. Most guerilla groups around the country have men and women fighting side by side.

Nogova looked great. Guba has some personality. And I like how the campiagn revolves around one player, such as in Red Hammer, but without the impossible missions.

At the end of the game though I see the credits scroll by, and get a long black screen. I hit esc and a picture of James flashed by in civilian clothes, is there something hgidden back there or is it just a glitch?

Yep, same thing here. I think it is just a frame from the very end of the final cutscene where Gastovski is in a house or something (can't remember exactly). At first I wondered if I had missed something but it seems it is meant to be this way.

The campaign is great, if somewhat sombre. I think it is meant to make you hate Guba so that the events in Cold War Crisis seem more satisfying. smile.gif

i played the campaign like i watch a good warfilm or like i read a book on the subject

some of the cutscenes had a real "cinematographic" style , the storyline was good and realistic , some characters were particularly interesting , the combat sequences were often intense ... like i said : a good film or a good book

this "episod" makes some cold war crisis's details more plausible*sic*

the storyline , the characters and the place are coherent (excet some really minor details)

"remember I have a bullet with Guba's name on" I loved that. THe campaign was EXCELLENT, I loved teh story and all. WAY TO GO BIS, I love ya lol

I hope and pray to god there is another add on in the works after playing this. completing it actually made me quite glum cos I've enjoyed it so much.

Maybe an official Russian campaign rather than that Red Hammer crap.

*Edit* Good gawd, I jus had an Idea... Guba seems the kinda guy whos been in the military his whole life. Maybe a campign revolving around his experiences during his grunt days?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baztard1984 @ July 17 2002,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Edit* Good gawd, I jus had an Idea... Guba seems the kinda guy whos been in the military his whole life. Maybe a campign revolving around his experiences during his grunt days?<span id='postcolor'>

great Idea, BIS?

we could say that he had rough times as a devoted communist party member, and is ultra-devoted to spreading communism after loosing his comrade to some western capitalist pig?

Hmm. I think an expansion in which your objectives include such things as executing civilians in cold blood, breaking deals with people and then killing them, and firing scuds at farming towns could be somewhat controversial. Then again, controversy in games disappeared a long time ago. Let the genocide begin! wink.gif

We can all look forward to Independence Lost anyway. smile.gif

Man that ending stunk! I played as Victor and then he gets killed?! BIS should make a campaining revoling around James, uh whats his lats name?, about him fighting in some othe similar style actions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 18 2002,03:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man that ending stunk! I played as Victor and then he gets killed?! BIS should make a campaining revoling around James, uh whats his lats name?, about him fighting in some othe similar style actions.<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't James resign at the end of the campaign, only to come back in the original campaign. All he does between that is start a civie light aircraft business or something on Malden smile.gif

How about.... James Gustavski's envolvment in supporting the Afgan Rebels during the Soviet invasion of the 1970's.

Or you play Guba in the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Thats when the Frogfoot made it's first combat appearence (I think)

After completeing Reistance lst night I was a little bummed that Victor died. The final cutscene was awesome, had to watch it over. Nice to see they threw in a little about Blake and how he became in charge of the US forces in the area. I thought the whole story line and campaign was excellent.

Glad I finished Resistance before making missions, was going to put Victor in them somehow, man that would have ooked stupid:)

Could kinda tell something bad was going to happen in the final mission, nothing going right for anyone and you get sent off to the airport with squat. I was all out of sacthels, used RPG's from about 400 meters out and nailed em all on first shots.

Hopefully some more expansions are on the way. Wonder how a civil war over control of all 4 islands would go? Maybe get a new army in a different uniform. Something along the line of Malden, Everon, Kolgujev, are jealous of Nogova and have a preemptive strike on them, or the other way around. Be nice to have a 4th Army for mission makeing for us non-modders biggrin.gif

Have the time set back to the 1800's where you have to fight for control of the islands.

I have 2 question about the end, 1st during the end cutscene you see a group of captured russian soldiers and it zoom in on one of them is this guy someone from the other campaign, and 2nd after the end credits there is a few word in a different language does anyone know what it said.

True, the camera zooms in on this guy, I was thinking that it was lukin's friend enemy the spet natz I mean, but I am not sure, some1 tell us, meesaaaaaaa curios

I think the death of Victor was an unexpected, but working plot element. It made him immortal, a legend among resistance fighters and people of Nogova. A fitting end to the epic.

I absolutely loved Resistance, I was hoping for this kind of addon when I finished the original campagin, but this really surpassed my expectations. A whole new island, updated graphics, and a solid campagin. A masterpiece indeed.

A minor gripe, though, towards the end there were few epic battles, but I was left with a feeling that the soviets were defeated a bit too easily. Resistance was celebrating victory when the last town was captured. Were the Russians taking the island back in the final cutscene when Americans arrived? I thought Guba was leaving the island already at this point with defeat.

Oh, and another thing. The resistance premise would make an excellent non-linear campagin, wouldn't it?

You could plan and decide where and when to hit supply convoys starving certain bases from reinforcements and then take them. Seek and capture equipment when needed, change your bases around not to be found, make coordinated attacks around the map simultaneously with other teams etc. etc...

Well, maybe a mod in the future? Who knows... wink.gif

I think addon-wise that while guba and Gastovski clearly both have a great deal of interesting history behind them (there could also be a campaign set when Gastovski and Troska were buddies fighting together in far off parts of the world) I think its time the Flashpoint story (rapidly becoming an epic saga) moved forward in Time; maybe Gastovki's getting old and is no longer able to perform missions himself; but is still involved in planning missions and giving helpful advice to player characters; maybe armstrong is A black-op officer now instead; and there is a new soldier recruit who turns out to be the hero on some other God-forsaken pissy little Island after Guba escapes from the war-crimes tribuneral and launches yet ANOTHER massive invasion.....the possibilities are endless; and I look forward to seeing where flashpoint goes next- is Independance lost set on an island near The ones we have already or is it somewhere else entirely; will the characters be the same?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (taimaishu1103 @ July 26 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh follows the same format as star wars lol.<span id='postcolor'>

You mean that in OFP2 we will find out that Guba was actually Gastovski's father? wink.gif

i knda figured from teh beginiing that troska would die or get captured or sumthin. Think about it, troska was an ex-spec ops (like gastovski) that became a prominent military leader in the cold war crisis island chain. ?So why didn he appear in cold war crisis? cuz he got killed or captured in nogova.

i think a campaign (either 3rd party, but preferably bohemia interactive) that revolved around gastovski and troska as they served together years before, and alsa revolved around Guba, maybe as a grunt that helped to establish the russian military presence on kolgujev. maybe here he will become dillusioned and become insane enough to commit acts of genocide etc. This sort of campaign could very well close the epic operation flashpoint, and i can very well forsee, and EXPECT such an addon campaign in the future.

hehe, if you think about it, this campaign follows the same structure an format as star wars. at least in the aspect that each episode progresses in an unpredictable timespan either forwards or backwards, thus leving the audience to draw their own conclusions until the release of the next episode

the ending for CWC wan't as great as it should be...Gastovbiski should have just let Guba get out of the UAZ, and then blown his head off.

Am I the only one who thinks that this new urban terrain could make a great Chechnya island?

Okay tried everything no alternate ending

I can't believe It

I even set sats and took towards my guys coming in.

The one T55 and squad of infantry. Any way I set the satchels on timers and was passed petrovich when the blew.

Then I tried taking the tank at the port and destroying as many tanks as I could find. After that I sought refuge in the port no dice.

Man I tried everything. They do have a video of troska escaping a prison. I don't know what that is about but oh well. Any way I think that BIS was just rushed and any alternate ending that might have been, was not added.

Freaking weak. Also I still think cold war crisis was harder.

Also I shot Guba in cold war crisis. after the cut scene capturing him. I raised my hk and put a clip into him.

You don't fail the mission if you kill him.