KC Grimes

Grimes Simple Revive Script

4 hours ago, KC Grimes said:

Put in a pretty solid optimization commit today, hoping to get back to features.

@Rockapes Played around with the script a bit today on Dedicated and can confirm that your AI brethren have not forgotten about you, they just really, really want to forget about you when you are not the squad leader. Taking around 3 minutes to travel 50m while in combat to do a revive. It is a fairly "basic" behavior system at this point, involving setBehavior and maintaining group integrity (2 things that really do not go together). The alternative to this is the "CARELESS" behavior which, although fast, results in cringe-worthy combat behavior. I will see about making what I have now a little more detailed in order to get a more desired (read: direct) revive approach. Thanks for testing. 

Check out the master branch now. Added in the following:

_unit disableAI "TARGET";
_unit disableAI "SUPPRESSION";
_unit disableAI "COVER";
_unit disableAI "AUTOCOMBAT";

and countered it once appropriate. Seems to have done the trick. They will bump from SAFE to AWARE, but won't go to COMBAT (and start proning around everywhere). Additionally they will focus less on cover, and not be as effected by incoming fire. Finally, they will still engage their own targets while on their path and at the victim, but they won't be distracted by the squad leader's orders. I gave this some testing on Dedicated with an AI squad leader, and it seemed to help quite a bit while still being reasonably realistic. Let me know what y'all think. 

Thanks @KC Grimes I am gonna give this a whirl tonight. I am really enjoying it. thank you so much for supporting this mod. 

Oh yes, it is quite funny isn't it when the AI leave you to die, like "wo dude, you were a s&*t leader so suck it up and die"....lol

23 minutes ago, Rockapes said:

Oh yes, it is quite funny isn't it when the AI leave you to die, like "wo dude, you were a s&*t leader so suck it up and die"....lol

Yeah, my initial testing was a bit too close quarters, so that was tough to tell. Once I put the squad leader at the other side of the airfield and went to frag myself in a far corner, and watched as all of my friendly AI just... watched... well, I knew there was an issue! 

Hopefully I can spit out V0.9 here soon. Wanting to get some mission making in so I can actually play with the script more. 

Cool, look forward to it. Just updated a few missions I play with your latest master branch, cant wait to check them out, thanks again

@KC Grimes, mate running very well on Dedi, only 1 issue I have encountered so far. IF another squad member heals me when I am down ( could be coincidence ), instead of being revived I die instantly instead of being healed.

23 minutes ago, Rockapes said:

@KC Grimes, mate running very well on Dedi, only 1 issue I have encountered so far. IF another squad member heals me when I am down ( could be coincidence ), instead of being revived I die instantly instead of being healed.

I broke something last night, working on fixing it now. Kind of between commits. Stand by. 

@Rockapes Give it another go now. I was probably between broken commits when you experienced that. Playing on Dedicated with multiple incaps I am not able to reproduce this. Let me know if it happens again.

My big optimization push focused on utilization of more functions and more precise locality, but this left a few commands doing unexpected things. Those issues should all be fixed now. 

Regarding the AI revivers as they are right now, they sometimes struggle getting to the victim if the victim is in a tight space (next to/clipping into an object, in particular). They also sometimes appear to be out of their FSM once released back to their squad leader and just stand there. Still some work to be done. 

@KC Grimes 

If you are still having some issues with the AI healing squad leader you could look at BTC Quick Revive. The function works very well within the script. I use this with a few other modifications I made that the player unit will never die only stay unconscious. The AI will heal player when they are squad leader or player when they're not the squad leader the same. The radius can be adjusted anywhere from 50 to 200 m. 

I really want to try your script again when you are done making adjustments to see if I can use your script instead because BTC is not being updated anymore by the author. Avibird

15 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

@KC Grimes 

If you are still having some issues with the AI healing squad leader you could look at BTC Quick Revive. The function works very well within the script. I use this with a few other modifications I made that the player unit will never die only stay unconscious. The AI will heal player when they are squad leader or player when they're not the squad leader the same. The radius can be adjusted anywhere from 50 to 200 m. 

I really want to try your script again when you are done making adjustments to see if I can use your script instead because BTC is not being updated anymore by the author. Avibird

The basis of the AI-move-to-revive script here is the same that BTC uses, along with many others. Mine just goes a bit more in-depth when it comes to tailoring the AI's behavior. Additionally, this one uses a 2-rescuer system (guard and reviver). 

Right now is a good time to give it a go. On github, just click the download link on the right for the master branch. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KC Grimes said:

@Rockapes Give it another go now. I was probably between broken commits when you experienced that. Playing on Dedicated with multiple incaps I am not able to reproduce this. Let me know if it happens again.

My big optimization push focused on utilization of more functions and more precise locality, but this left a few commands doing unexpected things. Those issues should all be fixed now. 

Regarding the AI revivers as they are right now, they sometimes struggle getting to the victim if the victim is in a tight space (next to/clipping into an object, in particular). They also sometimes appear to be out of their FSM once released back to their squad leader and just stand there. Still some work to be done. 

Thanks @KC Grimes I will give the new master a hit and see how it goes. I must say I am really impressed with overall how your mod works. 

In the latest commit I have added support for enabling both or either transmitting and receiving on either TFAR or ACRE2. This is based on approaches used by others in the past and documentation made available by these addons. I have not tested this yet. Download via github. 

If anyone is willing, I would appreciate some testing assistance for both TFAR and ACRE2 (remember, one at a time). The 2 settings to toggle are with the rest in G_Revive_init.sqf. Thanks in advance!

I have been using your script, it's really great, I really like how modular it is

There is issue though, I have seen that players that go back to the lobby and enter can't be revived or revive others but they seem to get into the unconscious state so they are actually running the script, this is in the 0.8 version, i haven't tried the master commit one

but other than that it runs really great, thanks!

7 hours ago, fycj said:

I have been using your script, it's really great, I really like how modular it is

There is issue though, I have seen that players that go back to the lobby and enter can't be revived or revive others but they seem to get into the unconscious state so they are actually running the script, this is in the 0.8 version, i haven't tried the master commit one

but other than that it runs really great, thanks!

Noted; this issue does not surprise me. Assuming I can reproduce it, I have an idea what the actual issue is and it will be addressed in V0.9.

That said, as you can see in the V0.9 milestone, the next update is nearing completion and ought to be coming in a few days! Short of any significant bugs or oversights, what you see in the issue tracker for V0.9 is what is coming. 

I actually tested the master commit version today and didn't had any issues at all!

No problems with JIP or lobby re-entering at all, still it would be very useful to have a command that could be run for bugged players as a fail-safe method (i just use setvariable to revive them manually when it happens)

@pvtdancer, @avibird 1, @Rockapes, @runforrest, @marcatore, @fycj

Wahoo! V0.9 is here! See OP for updated information and downloads. This update includes the addition of significant features, the most popular being full AI integration. The AI will now operate in a guard-rescuer pair in order to realistically navigate to and revive incapacitated teammates, even if vehicles are involved. Additionally, faction relations are now respected, meaning that, for example, BLUFOR-friendly Independents can be revived by BLUFOR and vice versa. Many more features and bug fixes are also included. As well, the script has been largely restructured to be much more efficient in order to allow for use of a large number of AI with their newly integrated abilities. Please review the installation instructions when upgrading as they have changed in the mission maker's favor!

For a list of significant changes, check out the V0.9 milestone on github

As always, thanks for playing!

• Like 1

Will try this friday with my group (10-12 players dedicated server), thanks!

Thanks @KC Grimes. I cant wait to update the missions I play. Will report back soon. Again. Thanks ?

Hey @KC Grimes have you by any chance changed how easily AI get killed in this latest version or have I missed a setting? The AI seem to die much easier instead of going down into incapacipated state

Edit. Also I have yet to do more testing but since installing v0.9 in the missions I play after I go down the AI start following the other player in my squad even though I still show as the squad leader and have all the men under me. They still follow my orders but wont move in formation unless the other player does

On 5/6/2018 at 5:37 PM, Rockapes said:

Hey @KC Grimes have you by any chance changed how easily AI get killed in this latest version or have I missed a setting? The AI seem to die much easier instead of going down into incapacipated state

Edit. Also I have yet to do more testing but since installing v0.9 in the missions I play after I go down the AI start following the other player in my squad even though I still show as the squad leader and have all the men under me. They still follow my orders but wont move in formation unless the other player does

If the AI's side is not listed in G_Revive_AI_Incapacitated, the AI on that side will always die and never be incapacitated. Other than that, there should be no reason for the revive-enabled to die unless a down limit is set. 

In the game engine, setUnconscious has the 2nd ranking group member "take command", effectively becoming the squad leader without actually removing the squad leader from the group. Upon revive, this should revert (on the engine side of things). In general, if AI start to become less responsive, a Regroup command often helps "reset" them. 

6 hours ago, KC Grimes said:

If the AI's side is not listed in G_Revive_AI_Incapacitated, the AI on that side will always die and never be incapacitated. Other than that, there should be no reason for the revive-enabled to die unless a down limit is set. 

In the game engine, setUnconscious has the 2nd ranking group member "take command", effectively becoming the squad leader without actually removing the squad leader from the group. Upon revive, this should revert (on the engine side of things). In general, if AI start to become less responsive, a Regroup command often helps "reset" them. 

Yeh I have listed as WEST in the config, and it does work I just seem to be losing men alot more compared to previous branches. Just seemed like they are dieing quicker instead of incapacitated state. I will keep testing and see what I can find. 

As with AI, they still follow my orders when I am healed but when I tell them to regroup or change formation it is always based on the other player in the squad instead of me, other than that everything else is fine.

Regroup command doesn't seem to fix but again, will test further.

Thanks again for the continued support of this script

Out of curiosity, how many AI do you have revive enabled on? And remember, it must be manually enabled via the function in the documentation for AI spawned post-init. 

I'll be looking into this as well, thanks for the feedback. 

8 hours ago, KC Grimes said:

Out of curiosity, how many AI do you have revive enabled on? And remember, it must be manually enabled via the function in the documentation for AI spawned post-init. 

I'll be looking into this as well, thanks for the feedback. 

Good question. Depends on mission obviously but I would think in the vicinity upto about 35 or so ( prob 40 max ). And I run a little script from the debug console ( global ) that brings all friendly AI skill up and runs the spawn fnc at end.

Looks awesome. Does it really matter what my in editor respawn and revive settings are, so as not to conflict with this script?

I see it says to set the respawn settings as desired, which I have done. Do revive settings have any impact? I like to use settings via the descrition.ext, but I can go to using the editor if I need to.

Do you ever plan to have any in game lobby parameters that can be tweaked? For example, bleedoutime, actiontime, requirement, respawnetime, etc.?

Thanks

Getting this error.

18:10:50 Error in expression <RespawnWEST]; 
G_Mobile_Respawn_EAST = [MobileRespawnEAST];
G_Mobile_Respawn_IND>
18:10:50   Error position: <MobileRespawnEAST];
G_Mobile_Respawn_IND>
18:10:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: mobilerespawneast
18:10:50 File C:\Users\Jason Reed\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[SA]Reed\mpmissions\SA_Insurgency_Malden_v2_Grimes.Malden\G_Revive_init.sqf, line 51
18:10:51 Error in expression < 0;
_MRV = _this select 1;

if (local _MRV) then {
_MRV_Logic = "Land_HelipadE>
18:10:51   Error position: <_MRV) then {
_MRV_Logic = "Land_HelipadE>
18:10:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: _mrv
18:10:51 File C:\Users\Jason Reed\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[SA]Reed\mpmissions\SA_Insurgency_Malden_v2_Grimes.Malden\G_Revive\G_Mobile_Respawn.sqf, line 114
18:10:51 Error in expression <t 1;
{

private ["_MRV_Logic"];
[_side, _x] call G_fnc_MRV_init;
_MRV_Logic = _x>
18:10:51   Error position: <_x] call G_fnc_MRV_init;
_MRV_Logic = _x>
18:10:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
18:10:51 File C:\Users\Jason Reed\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[SA]Reed\mpmissions\SA_Insurgency_Malden_v2_Grimes.Malden\G_Revive\G_Mobile_Respawn.sqf, line 412
18:11:02  Mission id: 1ae02fe36ce33b1034816fb9ca4bb1044b4ed56d