theevancat

The CSAT Modification Project (Release)

Trying to crack the reason for all my loadouts on my Blufor guys transitioning over to the vanilla weapons systems instead of the SMA weapons they are coded with via sqf's. Hoping it might just be a problem with AuburnAlumni's NATO replacement mod and not with this mod creating conflicts I can't figure out.

31 minutes ago, Nichols said:

Trying to crack the reason for all my loadouts on my Blufor guys transitioning over to the vanilla weapons systems instead of the SMA weapons they are coded with via sqf's. Hoping it might just be a problem with AuburnAlumni's NATO replacement mod and not with this mod creating conflicts I can't figure out.

FYI, my pack only changes the unis, equipment. I left the default vanilla weapons.  

I have gotten a ton of requests to do a SMA version which I'll put together as well.

On 8/29/2017 at 0:21 AM, jarrad96 said:

I could rather easily make an ALiVE compatibility PBO for the mod and post it here, assuming it's all OK with OP?

I don't think the OP would have an issue with a compat file. Right now they seem to work in a weird way. They don't like to move much unless they are riding in vehicles.

Alright, quick update from the field. I have been in Tajikistan for about a week and I won't be getting back until December. Development didn't continue when I was in America in late August since I wasn't able to get set up to transfer the data from my desktop (which is now locked in a locker 6500 miles away from me) to my laptop. As such, when I get back, I'm gonna have some catching up to do with two DLCs and probably a whole bunch of other junk.

As for @jarrad96, feel free to shoot up an ALiVE PBO. Once I get back I can integrate it fully into the mod so it's all in one place and there doesn't have to be a wonky workaround that has to be separately downloaded.

@Nichols, I've been out of the loop for a pretty long time and don't know about any of these newfangled replacement packs. I tried to keep the replacements limited to just the units, which are replaced with new uniforms. Therefore, if something else tries to replace the vanilla CSAT uniform, then there's two addons trying to replace the uniform and weird stuff happens. I don't touch any of the weapons in my mod, so that should be okay.

Thanks for your guys' patience with me. I know this isn't really shiny and new and gets more outdated by the week, but I'm trying to get it all sorted once I have time.

• Like 5

@theevancat no worries bud....do your work over in the foreign lands and we will be all good. In fact we will keep hammering on your project and several others to make sure we can find plenty of bugs for you to work through when you return. :p Seriously bud it is no problem. You pack is a bunch of fun and really does help make some contemporary missions a lot easier and much more fun.

Okay folks, just a quick message from the wonderful land of the Tajiks to prove that I am not dead. I've come close a couple of times, but that's just because I'm 20 and I make questionable choices.

I will still be home in December but unlikely to get the project rolling back until January. Right now the situation has me like, squatting on a cot in the storage room. No way I can hook up my machine until I get a permanent room in January.

I have made mod progress, though (mostly through outsourcing.) PolyG is fixing some bugs that popped up here and there, while Night515 has generously given me the source for his ported MLRS system. Both of these men are the man. Go check out their mods. I am making some adjustments to it, because I discovered that I still have Blender here and can set up a model and write a config to speed up the process when I get home. I got you with a big, rough tease that's not at all dressed up (but I know you still like it that way.)

Spoiler

b8sXiHh.png

Still a lot more work to be done on it, but the principle remains the same. It's a truck-based mobile MLRS.

Also, I figure I'll tease you again with some previously unreleased pictures:

Spoiler

2A9Bz7B.jpg

7CwHmuW.jpg

What? You mean the thing named "Carrier" ("Hamel") in the Persian language wasn't actually a plate carrier? Yeah, I fixed that.

I have a list I'm working through (I promise), but barring anything whacky I'll get this updated and back online. I know it's a little behind the curve, and I feel like an old dude trying to keep up relevancy with the cool new things (TM) that kids are playing with these days. But whatever. You haven't gotten rid of me yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Okay, so here's the news. The update, now christened 1.6, is almost ready. I've got most of what I want to do out of it, and I'm ironing out bugs. I want to try and get it out within a week, but life happens (TM) so please don't hold me to too many close deadlines. Anyways, I have a few more screenshots now that I've been testing out my photography skills.

SeOPplM.jpg

LccBE9S.jpg

KaVCH4c.jpg

BN86ZMq.jpg

Feel free to add your input to this, and let me know your thoughts! Once again, I should have a final product out soon. Don't worry, I'm not out of the game yet.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Alright, fellas, here's the final 1.6 release on Steam! Because I heard that there have been problems with Armaholic and PWS, for now Steam is the only way to download this mod. If anyone knows the status of other hosts I can make a version for them as well.

But as it is, here is the new update! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441854566

Changelog:

1.6.0 (02/01/18)
> Added K-22 Zanbur drone.
> Added Zamak (MLRS) artillery truck.
> Added An-212M Ruk cargo plane.
> Added green hex versions of vehicles not in Apex (Zamak, Abda, etc.)
> Added Apex assets to the Iranian side in brown hex.
> Added naval version of the Shahan.
> Added plates and armor to the Hamel vest.
> Added command loadouts of the Azad and Hamel vests (non functional at the moment.)
> Added roundels to UAVs.
> Changed editor classification of Taru containers.
> Changed Iranian flag textures.
> Changed soft covers from patrol caps to baseball caps (like the Iranian military.)
> Changed CUCV drivers to light soldiers.
> Changed texture on CSAT LSV to be brighter.
> Changed "Shar ASV" to "Shir ASV" to better the Persian translation.
> Improved Keftar weighting and handling.
> Improved Shahan to Jets DLC functionality (ejection seat, tailhook, camera, and dynamic loadout.)
> Removed CSAT Balaclava (quality issues.)
> Removed UTS-15 mod compatibility (not supported anymore.)
> Removed Xeno Taru Pod Mod compatibility.
> Fixed Shahan wheels PhysX.
> Fixed ballistic protection issues.
> Fixed Recon engineer backpacks.
> Fixed pilot helmets.
> Fixed Taru loadmaster showing as vanilla.
> Fixed K40 drone's dynamic loadout.
> Fixed helicopter dynamic loadouts.
> Fixed transparent Zamak interior.
> Fixed damage material errors.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Armaholic is fine as far as I´ve been concerned.... and steamWmods are acting strange lately for me, if an Google drive or dropbox or armaholic link mirror would be possible, I´d prefer, but I wouldn´t advocate against SWS, just ask for extra mirrors

Glad to see you back on our "cozy" community theevancat, hope your military school life is fine =)

Cheers

Does anyone else have an issue with the Abda FMV? If you drive it into the ocean, it just sticks to the ocean floor and turns into an 80kph underwater transport! It doesn't float, it doesn't stop...

On 2/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, Otter8tor said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the Abda FMV? If you drive it into the ocean, it just sticks to the ocean floor and turns into an 80kph underwater transport! It doesn't float, it doesn't stop...

Comrade this is simply a feature of the new high speed underwater drive. Our engineers will take a look at it, however.

• Haha 3

no, no engineer tovarish. imagine of the to invade with 80kph vehicle! we become unstoppable!

• Haha 1

Hello !

Right now we're really enjoying this mod in our small community. However there (still) seems to be a compatibility issue with RHS:

Since we installed  the CSAT Modification Project (latest version, 1.6.0.2, last updated 2018-02-10, download from armaholic) we get the following error on the first mission start after server reboot (dedicated):

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHS_UH60M_base/AnimationSources/HitGlass1.source'.

This problem was reported back in 2015 by someone else on the RHS feedback tracker and was descibed as related to @tec_CSAT:

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=628

Both mods run fine together however. We just have to restart the first mission once after server reboot to overcome the initial errormessage.

With Tanks DLC out and in the open, I've been busy trying to update the mod. Obviously I've fallen behind on work because real life kicks my ass on a daily basis, but I have been fixing some bugs with the project in my limited free time. (The Vodnik is being difficult, someone pls halp.) But, when I get tired/frustrated with bug fixing I try to add in some quick things that I've always wanted to, since I'm trying to add variety and characterization to the force.

My ultimate goal is for the faction to become less of "generic bad guys from Iran", which the current art direction in the vanilla game lends itself to, and more accurately incorporate some variety to reflect the fact that these guys are people, not muppets to shoot at.

So:

Shemaghs, usually predominantly white or black, have been seen on Iranian troops and officers. The clipping has since been fixed:

https://i.imgur.com/LAB21zs.jpg

Working on a belt kit for patrol troops to give longer-ranged missions some extra carrying capacity and visual differentiation. The positioning on these have since been fixed:

https://i.imgur.com/UHjGqti.jpg

Working on updating the drone fleet, inspired by the Saeqeh drone that has made headlines over Israel last month:

cS1xxsc.jpg

Other than that, Jets DLC assets are getting roundels and Farsi lettering, alongside the new drone. I'm gonna fix the Navy pattern to be more in line with the vanilla blue colorway. I'm also working on adding in the Orange DLC's new drones, making sure those are all updated and ready to put in. Overall, a lot of just updating going on here. If there are any problems, keep letting me know and I'll keep trying to fix them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

love your idea of fleshing out and like humanizing CSAT, because what bohemia hands us are a bunch of techno insects to shoot at, rather than a real faction. and grounding them to more recognizable equipment is real cool.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you are still working on this great mod as your time allows.
Also like the idea of putting more versatility into the CSAT faction and their avatars.

Maybe in between you can find a few minutes to investigate the error i described above.

Meanwhile I found out that the CSAT_Keftar.pbo is directly related to the incompatibility and the error message.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHS_UH60M_base/AnimationSources/HitGlass1.source'.

If I remove the CSAT_Keftar.pbo the error msg will not show up.

The RHS devs assume that your mod might be overwriting some base classes, leading to the described error message which forces us to reload the first mission including a RHS Blackhawk helicopter after rebooting our server.

See here: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=628

Thank you, and please keep up the good work on your mod!

On 4/13/2018 at 8:20 AM, grollig said:

Glad to hear you are still working on this great mod as your time allows.
Also like the idea of putting more versatility into the CSAT faction and their avatars.

Maybe in between you can find a few minutes to investigate the error i described above.

Meanwhile I found out that the CSAT_Keftar.pbo is directly related to the incompatibility and the error message.

If I remove the CSAT_Keftar.pbo the error msg will not show up.

The RHS devs assume that your mod might be overwriting some base classes, leading to the described error message which forces us to reload the first mission including a RHS Blackhawk helicopter after rebooting our server.

See here: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=628

Thank you, and please keep up the good work on your mod!

I looked through it and changed up some stuff. There should be no problem anymore, and I loaded a whole bunch of assets (Blackhawk and Keftar included.)

A lot of my stuff was done when the mod was initially created... It was 2014/2015 and I was like, 17/18 and not that great at coding. Going through and reading it: I had no idea what I was doing, haha. That's where a lot of these conflicts come from, including the most recent issues with tank interiors.

• Like 3

On 15.4.2018 at 12:49 AM, theevancat said:

I looked through it and changed up some stuff. There should be no problem anymore, and I loaded a whole bunch of assets (Blackhawk and Keftar included.)

Awesome! I assume you will release a fixed version in the Steam workshop when it's done?
(Couldn't find an updated version higher than 1.6.0.2 so far).

17 hours ago, grollig said:

Awesome! I assume you will release a fixed version in the Steam workshop when it's done?
(Couldn't find an updated version higher than 1.6.0.2 so far).

Yep, just going to get rolled in with the rest of the fixes and stuff. I don't have a whole lot of time to do stuff and I've been dealing with some busy times just academically and personally. There's a couple more fixes I still want to make before I push anything new out.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2018 at 8:15 AM, theevancat said:

Yep, just going to get rolled in with the rest of the fixes and stuff. I don't have a whole lot of time to do stuff and I've been dealing with some busy times just academically and personally. There's a couple more fixes I still want to make before I push anything new out.

Have you ever thought about retexturing the Pacific CSAT/PLA to the same standard? I know there is one that utilized  some of your assets, but it doesn’t feel as complete. Of course it would be a a significant project and this is by no means a request lol.

23 hours ago, FeeltheBridge said:

Have you ever thought about retexturing the Pacific CSAT/PLA to the same standard? I know there is one that utilized  some of your assets, but it doesn’t feel as complete. Of course it would be a a significant project and this is by no means a request lol.

Which mod are you referring to? I might be forgetting, but I haven't been tracking on any projects using my assets recently.