Richards.D

The Army Combat Uniform Mod

A note on the gear - as others have pointed out, the vest and also uniforms are too large for A3 standard, especially the vest needs more downsizing than the uniform. In its current state even the vest are too large for the uniforms, and the uniforms are a bit too large for A3's body and clips through vanilla A3 vests. I also reckon the ACU pattern could use a little tweaking - its a little too bright for me. AlexVestin with his AVIndUS mod currently has the best pattern color-wise IMO. And of course, more variants of the IOTV would be wonderful. Hope this mod is still in developement, looking forward to future updates! :icon14:

Yes indeed it is. I am currently not devving too much as I may be switching the models, but my current version has properly fitting characters and I am tweaking the vests.

Richards

Just noticed another thing, with the IOTV commander (for leaders) theres originally a tan camelback on the vest and thats missing. You notice it because a tube runs from it, however when a unit wearing this vest is about 50m away you can see the pack. Walk closer to the guy and it disappears.

Hope development is going along well Richard. Cant wait for the upcoming fixes to the XXXL vests and XL uniforms. :D

Hello:

I admit I have not been doing alot of work, due to the glorious vehicle mods I have been working on. Regardless, the progress at the moment is such. The uniforms are now properly sized. The Commanders IOTV, I can certainly add the Camelbak on. Now, I still need to re-size the vests to fit my now default A3 fitting characters.

Cheers

Richard since you finished your vehicle mods will you continue this ? Why not take the pants from the Marines in A2, and merge with the officer torso to have a model with the pants over the boots? you have a great 3D model skill, add the pockets to the pants and jacket... and since the pockets in the jacket are only texture, why not make a texture of a Combat Shirt, since is now the issued for the soldiers that are going to use Vest's in the US, improve this more... you can certainly do this and we would have a better uniform for playing in arma

Richard since you finished your vehicle mods will you continue this ? Why not take the pants from the Marines in A2, and merge with the officer torso to have a model with the pants over the boots? you have a great 3D model skill, add the pockets to the pants and jacket... and since the pockets in the jacket are only texture, why not make a texture of a Combat Shirt, since is now the issued for the soldiers that are going to use Vest's in the US, improve this more... you can certainly do this and we would have a better uniform for playing in arma

Or take a look at the pants from the BAF DLC, apparently they are of the same origin as the Opfor pants in A3 (minus the weird stuff at the hip).

I believe I cannot use the BAF DLC content as the textures are still locked, although I am not entirely sure about that. If that is the case then I could do something interesting with that and make it a bit more realistic. Also, this mod already has a combat shirt model.

Cheers

Great addon RichardsD! Although I'm having issues with my dedicated server rejecting the key for this one. I'm also using the DAR_HUMMWV and DAR_MAXXPRO mods with no problem. Can anyone else confirm the keys are good with this addon?