Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

EB_Armour: integrated real armour weapons and ammo

apparently with real bushmasters they can pre-program different firing patterns (on their laptop?)

i simulated this by adding an 8 round burst of HEI or APDS or APFSDST (25mm only) or KETF (35mm only)

yesterday i was getting perpetually strafed by a gaggle of hinds, and i managed to get in a bradley and hit one with an 8 round burst of HEI. that totally killed the hinds engines and he crashed. perfect! the 8 round KETF is not recommended lol.

best fun is firing 120mm canister at strafing aircraft...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

pic of 35mm bushmaster III in action - the somalis were creeping through the bushes all around us, and massing some APC's just over the rise, so i hit them with 3x 8rnd bursts of 35mm KETF

ketf_35mm_zps6c988e03.jpg

Seen vids of Norwegian(?) CV IFVs with BIII 35mm in action - damn that thing has some punch and muzzle smoke!

yeah its fun to play with it - i actually made the weapon system for the DAF CV9035. i've also made the rarden for the scimitar, ("approved" by GITS karl who used to train scimitar crews lol, though he said the burst fire should be slower) and sorted out the kpvt, the 2a42 and other russian 12.5 - 40mm gun range too. lots of fun to be had.

ok just added

LAV-25 coyote - added my coax M240, bushmaster 2 with proper ammo loads, zeroing and range finding, NVG, thermal and cargo weapons/ammo/backpacks

LAV-25 C2 coyote (HQ) - added my pintle M240 with proper ammo load, zeroing and range finding, NVG, thermal and cargo weapons/ammo/backpacks

AAV-P7/A1 Amtrack - added my M240 and Mk19 Mod 3 with proper ammo loads, zeroing, NVG, thermal and cargo weapons/ammo/backpacks

+desert versions of each

added a couple of AAV's with non-geneva-convention vietnam war era flamethrowers just for kicks

fixed YakB, gau12, gau22, M621 firing rates, multipliers, damage, ammo, naming and shell speeds for inclusion in EB_missilebox

What about the sights/optics on the OPFOR ? You wrote you were change them to proper ones. Im mostly curious on the BMPs...

;)

just adding nvg/thermal and rangefinding where it is specified

Great camouflage and now with the weapons an armament to go with it, Great work!

just been testing this lot

bmp1/2/3 btr90 / t72 and t90 etc against bradley, lav25, aav etc. they kicked our asses as you would expect, but when we managed to take them on one v one, we could zero our weapons using the rangefinder in a second, then hit them with a burst of APDS or APFSDS and they would take enough damage to stop. the javelin armed bradleys were amazing! absolutely knocking out t90's etc from a hilltop in duala. and when hinds attacked, if we could line up the guns quick enough a burst of APDS or HEI would take out their engines.

using the commander seat in the bradley we were laser designating targets for the gunner to hit with the javelin, on thermal. was very efficient.

the KETF rounds worked amazingly well - owned groups of soldiers, not as effective against hinds as i'd hoped. much less so than say 120mm canister was.

this is the kit if anyone is interested

http://www.powershow.com/view/13d66-MTJmO/GDM008_Naval_Gun_System_powerpoint_ppt_presentation

firing it on 8 round burst is definitely a last resort

so all in all a good test session. oh and the flamethrower works far too well... great for crowd control (against molotov chucking dualan civs, so it seemed kinda fair).

ok just a heads up:

I've now had enough permissions through to release this as two mods:

Rangemaster mod:

US woodland and desert, Russian (woodland) and Takistan (desert) versions of almost every main vehicle with my modified weapon ammo, sighting and ranging systems

Incorporates previously released content too: EB_Air, EB_missilebox, EB_weapons/blazes_weapons

plus lots of stuff developed with unsung and hcpookie

nades, napalm, flamethrowers, WP, lumes, canister, airburst, etc

and GLT missilebox from myke

a huge increase in planes, choppers, tanks and light vehicles for wood and desert.

lots of real settings for weapons with emphasis on fun and action.

British Armed Forces Expanded (BAF-X) mod:

bringing together a wide range of kit from cleggy, Lennard, legion, emery, trouble and others in one place, rearmed with my brit weapon pack and lennards L119 range in the cargo.

plus my edit of the lynx/harrier/apache as above and weapons changes as above

will be some evolution MP co-op missions to go with them.

final edit of stage 1 and packing for release this week.

humvees done (plus some new skins from chris)

then future plans:

new LAV's (AD and MMEV ideally) (emery/chris/egg)

edit harrier/A10 to harmonise and empty pylons/proxies

add strykers and UAZ/'s (egg)

add new BTR40's and brdms (pookie)

Edited by eggbeast

humvees done (plus some new skins from chris)

Grrrreeat eggbeast !

Can't wait for the release news !

Just installing your weapons and Air mod... :bounce3:

ah ok, well add me on steam and say hi if u like

i'm very close now to public release

hmm i got a bit bogged down this week:

1. have successfully updated all the custom grenades (thanks to von knudenberg, sgt savage and larsiano for help and contributions)

2. have successfully integrated GLT missilebox (thanks to myke)

3. have run into a lot of problems with the 1.63 patch changing stuff like multiplier and rocket proxies and so on... so gonna be a bit messy when this is released, until we remake the aircraft.

4. However I have made a proxy plan for the new /stock aircraft, just need a little help finishing it - some of the guys have offered me help so looks promising in a few weeks, meanwhile I'm redoing the loadout scripts for aircraft, and tidying up the models and configs.

5. user interface for aircraft may becoming from john spartan, which is great news. this brings together a project myke, JS and I talked about last year and finally it is happening.

6. some edits of chieftain textures from larsianao, which expert input from Bill (ex-chieftain driver) who showed me what every handle, switch and lever does in pictures of the chieftain interior last night... wow it's a complicated beastie, and it can chop your foot off if you don't sit still when the turret is rotating...

7. chris is making some new textures for the LAV's

8. we may be getting an LAV-AD from em hopefully.

Other news from testing:

a) the new 20,25,30,35mm weaponry has been thoroughly tested and rocks the world.

b) the flamethrower amtrack is very popular. we even got the faulty BIS script working so the trim vanes and props work in the water

c) enemy planes drop napalm quite happily thank you very much.

d) the warhammer bradley with javelins is a genius invention.

e) custom flares added t oevery vehicle - in countermeasures magazines, you can now fire off smokes or toggle to flares, and fire an illumination flare from the smokelauncher... works like a charm... am planning to develop some hostile nades too for auto crowd dispersal

Edited by eggbeast

AT-16 pod completed for Su25 - woohoo

su25_agm_zps22cbb87b.jpg

that looks massive! That thing can take on a hole army.. Cant wait to see whats next ;)

That looks great and i`m happy to be part of it and very happy that i can do my best to bring it forward!

rearm scripts completed

next up is to reconfig the weapons on the fixed weapon variants

the next big job is to remake all the stock planes with working proper proxies a la mykes bible.

this will allow us to put 16 hellfires on an apache, or 76 hydra, or any mix thereof, plus mykes TOW pod on the cobra, and the CRV7-PG pods on the apache and lynx, and add a stinger pod to the wingtip of the apache of course...

and 6x MER's on the A10 etc

Winter Camoufalge would be an idea, but as far as i know is that only Namalsk and some small maps have a Winter Version. I`ll see what we are able to do.

There are new skins for the BMP-2 and the BMP-2 HQ which are really nice, but there are no new models for the bmp2 itself. Those Maps you linked there are maps which i didn`t remember, but i will see what we can do.

also i reskinned the bmp3 and btr90's and vodniks for desert and the btr60 and bmp2 range for woodland/des

am working on desert tunguska atm

coming soon - pooks new models for:

shilka

sparka

btr40 series

t34

t54

t55