Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

EB_Armour: integrated real armour weapons and ammo

takistani army just got the bmp3

bmp3_zps78669598.jpg

What mods/addons do you prefer to use along with yours eggbeast ? Im using several mods like p85 and VTN. Is there any collision to expect ?

not really much issue as I have remade many of the stock weapons as EB_ versions.

theonly mod this is likely notto work with is ACE, just cause ACE is so extensive and difficult to partner with unless you know it inside out (i think anyways)

One question : When ?

No, two...Did you get those permissions ?

most, so just cutting out the unconfirmed bits from my demo piece

Very interesting mod. I would love to see the Dutch Armed Forces mod upgraded with this quality weapon refinement. Since The DAFmod was made with many different addons the weapons are all different and this could really make it all blend into a well shaped proper addon for the (Dutch) Arma2 fans. In short this is just what the doctor ordered :)

Been testing this with hcpookie today and it was an awesome experience, to bad you were not available today! Only note i had was that the phosphorus grenade had a very (maybe too) large radius and the bullet tracers and function is the best I've ever seen! Thanks again for all the help!

cool man - yeah we made the WP really badass scary, like all nades you have to get in cover when you throw them or you are very likely to take damage

will help with your tanks ammo etc

should be an easy port

i've done the same for weapons and airweapons

am thinking this is the kind of base set of stuff we all need for arma 3, so all mods could be on the same playing field. at the moment the main offputting thing about arma 3 conversions is that they have no base set of classes based on real weapons.

reminds me of just last week when in Arma3 i was shooting 10 x 6.5mm round with my MK-something @75m. (all hits) and they guy was still standing :) This mod should be implemented for sure and introduce some proper damage handling. I am also still wondering btw if a tank will be completely destroyed by any '120mm' round or similar? maybe this is the only option with arma damage engine being next to none but still.....

nah try the test server on duala - try firing WP, HE, CAN, APERS-T, HESH, HEAT, APDS, APFSDS and APFSDS-DU and you'll see the grades of penetration damage improving, and blast radius diminishing...

in russian tanks we also have APBC, APS, APT, HE-frag, etc

lots of variety and by no means a tank kill every time, unless you use the DU rounds! most "fin" (APFSDS) will kill any tank - the different versions you find in say the chieftain vs challenger are basically down to age, there is slightly better kinetics in the latter rounds, and some are tungsten, some DU (depleted uranium), so have different hit values.

we also modeled other more exotic stuff like Canister you tested - works pretty well but limited range, and anti-object special rounds (modern iraq type setting, Tusk series carries them) etc etc

other subtle changes include reload times (e.g. autoloader in T72 series makes it fast), some armour and speed modifications, zeroing much better, improved optics and better coaxial MGs, and of course the magazine sizes are as close to real as we can get them. clip sizes e.g. on the Rarden, also lume rounds and obscuration effects and some kinetic effects all add together to make an immersive mod i hope.

bear in mind 2 ex tank drivers and 3-4 other ex mil guys helped me make this, so it's pretty close.

Edited by eggbeast

Eggbeast, could you make the HCpookie made improved BrDM-2 ATGM (9p1xx-s) vehicles rocket launcher platform movements ? I mean to make them move up and down-in and out ? That addon is the one of the best ArmA 2 addons, but the fixed launcher platforms are limiting their versatility a little bit...

i can ask pookie to make the change, it's not my mod but if it's a real issue he'll likely fix it

I asked him once about that, he told me that he cannot do it. Well ,nevermind.

yeah i work closely with pook, and if something is beyond his powers it's certainly beyond mine!

im not actually editing anything pook made and released separately, in this mod. it does contain some stuff we co-developed for unsung though. but not to do with his brdms

Okay, i will install your mod on a stock, latest up-to-date ArmA 2 : CO.

Do i need any more mods to get it work or is the stock game enough ?

it will only need ACR lite if you dont have that. bear in mind i havent released this yet

i was chatting to lars about it as he has been testing the demo with me

ok this is hopefully my last week ofediting unsung prior to a release soon, so i should be able to get this out soon. i've pretty much had all the feedback i need from contributors.

i will have to take some stuff out from my demo before release unfortunately, as i've not had a response from some authors. it isn't much content to lose though in the scheme of things.

I think the BAF changes i made i may call BAFX - BAF extended.

i got to play with a real L115 rifle yesterday - was great fun!

Hope you were wearing ear protection, these things look quite loud? What stuff will be removed? Are these changes to addon vehicles you have no permission of? In that case i don't think they would mind since you don't touche the addon directly or modify it in any way?

nah i didn't fire it! makes you realise though how impossible it would be to aim it without resting it on something or lying prone. that barrel is front heavy.

well there's a bunch of little bits I need to trim out, some because the original addon has been withdrawn from general circulation, so it's gonna be a PITA for folks to locate it. others because the original authors have not replied, so i'd prefer notto patch their kit without their prior consent, even though technically i'm not interfering with their original addon, it would potentially cast a shadow over their creation.

i just found a big bug in troub's lynx i think yesterday - i think it or maybe the wasp patches the base helicopter config, so our AH1/64 now has a commander slot and open door actions lol, so i might repair that as he's given me permission to edit his stuff. things like that need an edit of the original as patching it is no use.

ok so i've just added the Bradleys to this mix

All Bradleys now have:

- smoke launchers in commander turret

- laser designators in commanders turret

- M240C coax with 2200 rounds (1:1 tracer tank-mix) in gunner turret

- improved bushmaster sounds/ammo types/firing modes/ 2000m zeroing/900 rounds loadout

- updated cargo weapons and ammo, so each now has a javelin and stinger system in cargo

stock:

"M2A2_EP1" - EB_TOW launcher, EB_Bushmaster_II_25mm with new APDS / HEI ammo

"M2A3_EP1" - EB_TOW launcher, EB_Bushmaster_II_25mm with new APDS / HEI ammo

"M6_EP1" - EB_Stinger launcher, EB_Bushmaster_II_25mm with new APDS / HEI ammo

new:

"EB_M2A3_WH" Warhammer Bradley - EB_Javelin launcher, EB_Bushmaster_II_25mm with new APFSDST / HEI ammo

"EB_M3A1" Fantasy/Futuretech Bradley - EB_Javelin launcher, EB_Bushmaster_III_35mm with new APDS / HEI / KETF ammo

"EB_M3A1" Fantasy/Futuretech Bradley - EB_Javelin launcher, EB_Bushmaster_III_35mm with new APDS / HEI / KETF ammo

Isn't M3 something like a recon vehicle based on Bradley with the same 25mm primary?

probably... read the post man

Fantasy/Futuretech Bradley

probably... read the post man

Missed that part =))) ok, I can live with that.

yeah to be fair i could make it an m3a4 as that doesn't exist yet...

i was basing it on the uparmoured m3 with the extra armour packs etc and the javelin system in place of the tows

I was taking a massive liberty in assuming it had been jerry-rigged to field test the bushmaster III 35/50 (only a 35mm barrel though), as i just happen to have made one in config earlier today for the DAF mod. the KETF rounds are based on these mental airburst rounds they have. i made them work as canister though, which is close enough, certainly a lot more effective than HE.

i am loving the sinlge/burst/auto firing system i made for these guns.

I agree totaly wicket guns, extreme muzzleflash too. also the burst mode makes it as leathal as a MBT