Sign in to follow this  
bangabob

Hitman | Contract Killer

I liked a lot of the updated features of the new mission, but to be honest I preferred aspects of the previous mission too. I must admit I preferred being able to scrounge weapons off dead soldiers in the middle of the battlefield while bullets were whizzing round me. I also preferred to get on with my hits without being hunted down unless I had aroused alarm when whacking someone.

Would it maybe be possible to have different difficulty settings allow different features? Is it possible to link it to the game difficulty settings "Recruit", "Regular", Veteran" and "Elite"? Could maybe allow scrounging of weapons whilst playing the lowest difficulty settings and it gets increasingly harder to find and get hold of weapons and ammo the higher difficulty you play. Maybe also make it increasingly higher cost of score-points to repair vehicles or steal clothes and make the targets increasingly difficult to Id when playing a higher difficulty setting. Maybe even use score-points to change paint-job and plates on your vehicle to lower your wanted status too. Would be good to introduce the mercenaries at higher difficulty settings also.

Just some thoughts...

Edited by Lt_Phoenix

*No need to press "continue" after each Hint LIKE IT

*Stationed guards (as police) in every town LIKE IT

*Player speed checks (Faster speed makes you more *suspicious) NOT LIKING IT

*A different system when you must meet an NPC client to take a job (random point on map everytime)

or..by a Cellphone (scripted call) where you can accept or deny a mission. REALLY LIKE IT

*Some targets can be accompanied by armored guards (hence higher difficulty->higher money) MEH

*Different reward system (only money) LIKE IT

You can buy what you need from an NPC (black market) in ridiculously high prices. LIKE IT

*Crate creation NOT LIKING IT

Find a house that suits your needs and make it your safehouse. (Store guns clothes etc) LIKE IT

*Survival elements NO NO NO!

Eat/Drink/Sleep

My take on the ideas.

Version 0.4 release

In 0.4 i focused on adding more immersion into the mission. For example the town patrols (Police) now have 2 checkpoints within in each town and are wearing more military-police uniforms and vests.

Furthermore, i have reduced the mercenaries accuracy when locating the player.

In addition the player can just run away from the mercenaries. If out of range there is a 50% chance they will just give up.

To reduce the difficulty and increase player control the mercenaries are only called with a 20% chance when a contract is completed.

Targets can now be interrogated for extra score. To interrogate the player need to immobilse the target (Not kill).

Their is a random chance that the target will need 'convincing' before he will give up the important information. This is achieved through applying non-lethal harm to the target. (A small balancing act between not killing the target and keeping them injured).

To receive a new contract the player will get a phone call detailing the target type (CIV, WEST or EAST). This can either be accepting or declined. Upon declining another contract will be offered.

- Simple patrol script updated to handler road positions

- Holster gun script now saves attachments (Silencers)

- Resolved #fffff error

- Fired near handler is the same for all units

- Added 2 police checkpoints in each town. Each checkpoint has one patrol group

- NATO forces now shoot towards mercenaries

- Decreased mercenarie accuracy

- Mercenaries are sometimes called on after completing contracts

- When leaving area mercenaries have a 50% chance of following player

- Shoot target in the leg to incapacitate them and enable interrogation.

- Interrogated targets increase the reward by 5 score

- Player becomes wanted when spotted by 2 or more civilians firing.

- Increased chance of gaining reward weapon in loot

- Added phonecall mechanic. Player can now choose their target

Edited by BangaBob

Hmm..i was wondering..

(don't shoot guyzz..)

Can i play it on a dedicated server to reduce client's AI load??

Is there a high chance of breaking scripts? (!?..)

*added later*

Just tried the new version.

I noticed:

1)Aggelohori & Kavala doesn't spawn civilian ambience and Town-village name/population tabs

Aggelohori Target worked tho.

2)When i eventually accepted a NATO target..crossing from a random guarded village i got shot by guards.

Theoretically the only thing should "aggro" any armed force (NATO/CSAT/POLICE)..is a civilian stranger with a gun spotted (addRating -50000)..with a cooldown (imho) -and not the current for-the-time-being mission

3)I tried to test guards reflexes drawing a gun in front of them..and it "kinda" worked.

I got the message "Everyone knows about you-status WANTED" but none eventually shot me even from 1m

They only said "Target acquired"

4)Also..(even from previous versions) when i ask *the target about his name

a.He draw his gun BUT also reloads (2secs)..takin' from him the slightest chance of survival

b.Even when reloads he runs away and he s not shooting at all

-and i can swore he constantly running around reloading again and again-

5) *minor* If player wants to troll guards/patrols constantly asking for their name the

responses should be more aggressive and a negative addRating bonus everytime

until..boom-boom (with cooldown of course)

Keep it up man! :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hmm..i was wondering..

(don't shoot guyzz..)

Can i play it on a dedicated server to reduce client's AI load??

Is there a high chance of breaking scripts? (!?..)

Try it and let us know!

Game crashed after I shot the second civilian target. Never crashes in other missions or with mods. No mods used during your mission. Very nice mission so far.

I played 0.4 this evening, and it was a bit of a hassle to get started. I had to load it up in the editor and export it to SP to have it playable.

I really enjoy how alive Altis is in this mission, but the contracts are a bit on the repetitive side to say the least ... is there a final highscore that would end the mission?

On 4/20/2014 at 9:22 PM, neofit said:

Oh yes I forgot, if AI drivers run over soldier as often as they run over civilians, there should be plenty of ammo everywhere :).

No they don't. Please set AI skill to 1 and then see.