Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Suggestion For Future Campaigns

Sometimes things should go right. A mission should simply go as planned.

I understand story telling, but every evac chopper doesn't have to get shot down before touch down. Nearly every mission doesn't have to end up with a 180 degree plot twist or something terrible happening.

In the last campaign it got to where I expected every helicopter in the storyline to get blown out of the sky or every attack to end up having to go to plan B, C, or D. Unpredictability becomes predictable.

Remember... "This is a military operation. Nothing ever goes according to plan."

The one where the chopper got shot down (in Win) kind of bugged me, because the briefing said you had to seize the factory, then secure an LZ so you could be flown to join the main assault on the airport. I looked at the map and it wasn't really very far from the factory to the airport. The distance looked about the same as I had already run from the insertion point to the factory, and it seemed pretty silly to have a chopper fly over there anyway because it would just draw fire. Not to mention that before it comes to get us, the chopper is parked in full view of everybody on a hill about 500m away from the LZ. I thought "Why are they wasting a helicopter to pick up my dumb 8 man squad and take them to the airport?"

Then it got shot down, and I was like "Oh. That's why."

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Anyone tried to take the AAA out before securing the LZ to see what happens?

I would like to see Bohemia make campaigns without locking the save game. Im a noob and replaying a very very long mission 15 times just to go on is quite anoying. UNLOCK THE SAVE BUTTON! thats my suggestion.

I would like to see Bohemia make campaigns without locking the save game. Im a noob and replaying a very very long mission 15 times just to go on is quite anoying. UNLOCK THE SAVE BUTTON! thats my suggestion.

you can just unlock multiple saves in the options

what I have a problem with: changing loadout after mission start

not only can I not change my loadout by clicking revert (it will just restart after the loadout stage) but I cant even continue from the end of the last misssion.. the replay function will not allow saving or overwrite progress

so basically to change my gear I have to restart from 2 missions before...

this is retarded

please fix it

I would like to see better endings to the campaigns. Normally the end of a campaign would leave people understanding all the events of the game, or at least most of them. Meanwhile in Arma 3, all we know is UKSF were trying to delay NATO's counter-invasion to get at CSAT's earthquake program, AAF had a civil war, and CSAT was allied with AAF. That still leaves a lot.

It said "The End" after finishing the last mission as opposed to "to be continued" like in previous campaigns...Is there even going to be another campaign?

It would great if one could play as different people like in OFP - tanks, helo's and classes like sniper, engineer etc etc. I was quite surprised to see none of that was in ArmA3.

I know some people dont like flying so maybe employ options like being the SpecOps team lasing targets for a jet or choose to actually be the jet in the mission..

Edited by RUFFNEK
just

It said "The End" after finishing the last mission as opposed to "to be continued" like in previous campaigns...Is there even going to be another campaign?

"The End" just signifies the end of Kerry's involvement in the Armaverse (story wise any ways). It's not like you saw Cooper or the rest of Razor team in OA, or BAF/PMC for that matter either.

As for there being another campaign, an expansion is in the works so it's safe to say that there's going to be another campaign. As for what it'll be like, we won't know yet until later this year probably.