Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

lkr_ammo

Ok so is it me or why cant I put any of you 9mm mags into any of massi's nato wep pack pistols? I put in the optional configs. The only ones that it works with is the P07 and Rook-40. I have not tried to use this ammo off of a dedi server but on our dedi server it will not work. Also the SAM-R wont take your 262 ammo, it only takes the RH_262 ammo, while other RH weps use your 262.

It's not your fault. The massi pistols simply aren't configured for the 9x19 Parabellum ammo just yet. I'll look into that as soon as I have time for it. Regarding the SAM-R, thanks for your report, I'll have a look, I might missed it. ;)

I'm sure that the mod needs to be loaded clientside. Maybe it isn't needed server side but I'd add it there too. Actually I'm running the mod client and dedicated server side and everything is working as expected.

Regarding all the different requests. If I find time to do them I might create them. You can always go out there and try to convince the original authors to just use my classnames and add this mod as a requirement. ;)

New release: 0.6

• AR10, Mk12 and SAM-R missing magazine compatibility fixed
  • added 15 and 17 round 9x19 magazines for FMJ, JHP and FMJP
  • added 9x19mm support for massi pistols
  • added sud_evw weapons magazine compatibility
  • added optional files for greater damage

Download 0.6

New update v0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@lkr_ammo.png

@ lukrop ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New release: 0.6

• AR10, Mk12 and SAM-R missing magazine compatibility fixed
  • added 15 and 17 round 9x19 magazines for FMJ, JHP and FMJP
  • added 9x19mm support for massi pistols
  • added sud_evw weapons magazine compatibility
  • added optional files for greater damage

Download 0.6

Hi, how to get this "more damage" to work, only copy it into addons folder?

Thx in advice :)

That's right, just copy it into the addons folder.

Haha Lukrop!! Flawless!! Thank you for the update!!

Hello!

I've got a question: could you make the Mk318 and Mk262 munitions works with the Robert Hammer M4s? Those M4s got good handling, but the base ammo is really shit for them, and we'd like some more power to them. With the basic ammo you need like 5 shots into a guy without any protection, and that's very sad. So if you could import the ammo, that'd be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Robert

Reposting this from Spartan's thread, since it should be of interest to you .

Apologies as I don't have much time to look closely at what you've done here yet, but the following may be of interest:

https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/blob/master/tmr_smallarms_ballistics/config.cpp

This is TMR's ballistics set. You'll find all of my load data and research in the comments. It should be very accurate. It is possible to use a real ballistics calculator with TMR to make headshot-accurate engagements using the mil reticles in TMR. Note that I used 6.5x39mm Grendel, not 6.5x35. I have actually talked to the dev who suggested that 6.5mm be used in Arma 3, and he intended for it to be Grendel. The MX bolts also have 6.5x39 etched on them.

You may also find this useful:

https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/blob/master/devfiles_dnd/arma_bal.py

This is my Arma engine ballistics simulator Python script. For performance reasons the engine doesn't use a true ballistics simulation -- you don't want to be doing calculus every frame if you can help it -- but rather does interval-based simulation. I found an interval experimentally which produces results that correspond very, very closely to the values produced in the actual game.

The script is a bit cryptic and undocumented, but the two important values are 'vi' (initial velocity m/s) and 'af' (engine value airFriction). When executed it will print the distance, velocity, and drop of the bullet (m) at each simulated interval. This can be used to ensure that the engine values correspond closely to a real ballistics chart. Due to the interval calculations in the engine, deviation from real values adds up over time and tradeoffs must be made in terms of correspondence to real life ballistics values; consequently, you must choose a range to optimize for. I optimized the TMR ballistics values for common engagement ranges for each caliber.

I used this ballistic sim to make the BDC reticles in TMR, and it produces very accurate results with no config file edit-compile mod-launch Arma-test-repeat cycles whatsoever for ballistics.

I'm interested in your 'caliber' values. Do you have a formula that you use to get those values from the SD of the bullets? I haven't gotten into doing penetration characteristics in TMR yet.

Reposting this from Spartan's thread, since it should be of interest to you .

Apologies as I don't have much time to look closely at what you've done here yet, but the following may be of interest:

https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/blob/master/tmr_smallarms_ballistics/config.cpp

This is TMR's ballistics set. You'll find all of my load data and research in the comments. It should be very accurate. It is possible to use a real ballistics calculator with TMR to make headshot-accurate engagements using the mil reticles in TMR. Note that I used 6.5x39mm Grendel, not 6.5x35. I have actually talked to the dev who suggested that 6.5mm be used in Arma 3, and he intended for it to be Grendel. The MX bolts also have 6.5x39 etched on them.

You may also find this useful:

https://github.com/Taosenai/tmr/blob/master/devfiles_dnd/arma_bal.py

This is my Arma engine ballistics simulator Python script. For performance reasons the engine doesn't use a true ballistics simulation -- you don't want to be doing calculus every frame if you can help it -- but rather does interval-based simulation. I found an interval experimentally which produces results that correspond very, very closely to the values produced in the actual game.

The script is a bit cryptic and undocumented, but the two important values are 'vi' (initial velocity m/s) and 'af' (engine value airFriction). When executed it will print the distance, velocity, and drop of the bullet (m) at each simulated interval. This can be used to ensure that the engine values correspond closely to a real ballistics chart. Due to the interval calculations in the engine, deviation from real values adds up over time and tradeoffs must be made in terms of correspondence to real life ballistics values; consequently, you must choose a range to optimize for. I optimized the TMR ballistics values for common engagement ranges for each caliber.

I used this ballistic sim to make the BDC reticles in TMR, and it produces very accurate results with no config file edit-compile mod-launch Arma-test-repeat cycles whatsoever for ballistics.

I'm interested in your 'caliber' values. Do you have a formula that you use to get those values from the SD of the bullets? I haven't gotten into doing penetration characteristics in TMR yet.

Thanks for taking the time and posting all that!

I already checked out your github repo for TMR and I learned some stuff from it so thanks! :)

Regarding the caliber, I'm not quite sure if you really meant me with that. Actually all of my values (7.62x51, 5.45x39, 7.62x39) are "pure fantasy". I just guestimated them. As I don't find time to research all those values the way you and Spartan did I'd be glad to take any input and merge the values into the mod. ;)

New release: 0.7

• added ammo configs for hlcmods ak pack
  • added hit plus for soviet and 9x19 rounds and changed the constant to 5
  • added macros, simplyfing and shortening magazine definitions

please take a look at the updated README, regarding the new macros.

Download 0.7

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New release: 0.7

• added ammo configs for hlcmods ak pack
  • added hit plus for soviet and 9x19 rounds and changed the constant to 5
  • added macros, simplyfing and shortening magazine definitions

please take a look at the updated README, regarding the new macros.

Download 0.7

Hi, thx for the update :)

got 1 question: do i need lkr_customconfigs to make this work properly or not. I am not sure but i might has read a sentence like "it´s suggested to use lkr_ammo instead lkr_customconfigs..."

To the point: i want to have the new ammotypes + more damage, is lkr_ammo enough then?

Yep, lkr_cfg (customized configs) mainly change weapon sounds/enable JSRS support.

Ok thanks, good to know that, i was using only lkr_ammo since your mod was released. So custom configs is needed when using JSRS, and when using SpeedofSound its not needed?

Actually it's not a requirement. You may use them, it changes the sounds/soundeffects of those weapons. And if you are using lkr_ammo from the SIX Network, make sure you are moving the .pbos you need from the optional folder to the addons folder. ;)

i get error with lkr_ammo_sud_evw.pbo, which it depends this pbo?

thank you

Actually it's not a requirement. You may use them, it changes the sounds/soundeffects of those weapons. And if you are using lkr_ammo from the SIX Network, make sure you are moving the .pbos you need from the optional folder to the addons folder. ;)

Thx for explain :)

btw: i prefer to install mods by myself, so no SIX on this PC here ^^

Hey lukrop!

thanks for the update on hlcmods AKs!!

I noticed that the Massi's 545x39 magazines are not compatible with the hlcmods AKs.

any plans to put them on the list?

Thanks man!!

i get error with lkr_ammo_sud_evw.pbo, which it depends this pbo?

thank you

SUD_GW_WPN <- east vs. west weapons

lkr_556x45_NATO.pbo

lkr_545x39_Soviet.pbo

lkr_762x51_NATO.pbo

lkr_762x54_R.pbo

As long as you load the default pbos and east vs. west you should be good to go.

Hey lukrop!

thanks for the update on hlcmods AKs!!

I noticed that the Massi's 545x39 magazines are not compatible with the hlcmods AKs.

any plans to put them on the list?

Thanks man!!

No, sorry. I don't plan to make them compatible with massis AK mags since the main purpose of this mod is to provide unified ammo. You should use my ammo in both weapons. ;)

SUD_GW_WPN <- east vs. west weapons

lkr_556x45_NATO.pbo

lkr_545x39_Soviet.pbo

lkr_762x51_NATO.pbo

lkr_762x54_R.pbo

As long as you load the default pbos and east vs. west you should be good to go.

No, sorry. I don't plan to make them compatible with massis AK mags since the main purpose of this mod is to provide unified ammo. You should use my ammo in both weapons. ;)

Lukrop, you should get ready for a torrent of data, I will have magazine configs per barrel length that will go from 20-18-16-14.5-10.5 inches covering any line of military 5.56x45mm barrel, and all this with all 3 of the different bullets, I have been testing them in game in Fallujah against targets at various ranges with different armor ratings and they are by far my best work yet. If you expect to be effective at 400m with a 10.5 inch barrel you are going to need some serious skill now!

Lukrop, you should get ready for a torrent of data, I will have magazine configs per barrel length that will go from 20-18-16-14.5-10.5 inches covering any line of military 5.56x45mm barrel, and all this with all 3 of the different bullets, I have been testing them in game in Fallujah against targets at various ranges with different armor ratings and they are by far my best work yet. If you expect to be effective at 400m with a 10.5 inch barrel you are going to need some serious skill now!

Love the dedication man! ;)

I wish I could figure out a way of loading the right magzine data for the correct barrel length on the fly. So one wouldn't need to have a ton of magzines for each barrel length. Anyway thanks for your dedication Spartan! :) I'll further search for methods of loading the correct magazines automagically because I don't reall want to introduce even more magazine-types (visible to the user). :D

I wish I could figure out a way of loading the right magzine data for the correct barrel length on the fly. So one wouldn't need to have a ton of magzines for each barrel length. Anyway thanks for your dedication Spartan! :) I'll further search for methods of loading the correct magazines automagically because I don't reall want to introduce even more magazine-types (visible to the user). :D

Replacing magazines on the fly could be scripted, but IMO this would be a better solution: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12125