Sign in to follow this  
sumusiko

5-10 FPS on Multiplayer need help!

I really need help ASAP. Just bought ARMA 3 and SUPER LOW FPS!!!!!!!

I bought it to play Altis Life multiplayer and joined 2 different servers with 50 pings and 50-60 players.

Average FPS: 5-10

My Ingame settings are all at MINIMUM! All Low/Disabled!!!

My Arma3.Cfg:

steamLanguage="English";
language="English";
forcedAdapterId=-1;
detectedAdapterId=0;
detectedAdapterVendorId=4098;
detectedAdapterDeviceId=26685;
detectedAdapterSubSysId=394732313;
detectedAdapterRevision=0;
detectedAdapterBenchmark=1000000;
displayMode=0;
winX=16;
winY=32;
winWidth=1024;
winHeight=768;
winDefWidth=1024;
winDefHeight=768;
fullScreenWidth=1920;
fullScreenHeight=1080;
refresh=60;
renderWidth=1920;
renderHeight=1080;
multiSampleCount=1;
multiSampleQuality=0;
particlesQuality=0;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=8;
vsync=0;
AToC=0;
cloudsQuality=0;
pipQuality=0;
dynamicLightsQuality=0;
PPAA=0;
ppSSAO=0;
ppCaustics=0;
tripleBuffering=0;
serverLongitude=-9.1569004;
serverLatitude=38.679001;
ppBloom=0;
ppRotBlur=0;
ppRadialBlur=0;
ppDOF=0;

I can't go over 10 fps omfg

My setup:

Intel I3-3220 3.3GHZ

Radeon HD 7770

8GB RAM

500GB HDD

I also play DayZ SA and Guild Wars 2 with 40+ fps easily and not even on minimum settings..

Dats all folks. ARMA bro.

How come I can still run many other games which are just as good in terms of graphics as arma and still have 40+ fps in them?

You dont need good graphics in Arma series, you need Rock'n'roll processor, sorry man but i3 is good for Arma 1

You dont need good graphics in Arma series, you need Rock'n'roll processor, sorry man but i3 is good for Arma 1

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM

OS Windows Vista SP2

Windows 7 SP1 (Apple OS not supported)

PROCESSOR Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz

AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

ATI Radeon HD 3830

Intel HD Graphics 4000

GPU MEMORY 512 MB

DirectX® 10

RAM 2 GB

HARD DRIVE 15 GB free space

HARD DRIVE (BETA) 10 GB free space

AUDIO DirectX® compatible on-board

OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

Guess I can charge back my money then , right? because my system is definitely higher than the minimum requirements

MINIMUM :) And you can run this game, but minimum =/= playable.

MINIMUM :) And you can run this game, but minimum =/= playable.

ohh so its just another sales pitch that trash coders advertise to sell their games.

I should've known it would be like this Arma 2 was equally trash optimized

It could also be the mission. I know a lot of people get low frames on Wasteland and Life servers. Pop into the editor or single player, you should notice a difference. Also, if I remember correctly, the lower the settings, the more load is put on the CPU, the higher the settings, more load is on GPU. Try playing around with the settings.

ohh so its just another sales pitch that trash coders advertise to sell their games.

I should've known it would be like this Arma 2 was equally trash optimized

Check the recommended specs instead of the minimum specs next time.

Don't worry I've heard of people running this game on Ultra with I3's and some have I7's and it can't run. I think it might be a code-bottleneck somewhere the same as battlefield 4 had in beta and still has. No idea where but somewhere. Maybe this animation re factoring will improve things.

I also have an i3 (and only an old GeForce GTX 285 gpu) and I usually have around 30-40 fps in both singleplayer and multiplayer on High Settings. Your problem must be something else!

I have an I5-2400 Sandy bridge probably going to upgrade to an I5-3570 Ivy Bridge. I get 24 FPS don't worry a lot of people are experiencing issues. And I don't have a weak video-card exactly a GTX 650 OC 2GB Gigabyte. An interesting note doing some small scale experimenting CPU usage nearly quadroupled when I limited the video-ram to 638Megabytes. But no FPS improvement. Yes I tried to Starve Arma 3 of Video memory -_- just to see what happened.

I also have an i3 (and only an old GeForce GTX 285 gpu) and I usually have around 30-40 fps in both singleplayer and multiplayer on High Settings. Your problem must be something else!

can u show me your settings and what you did to increase the fps?

Did you try singleplayer? Or just another mission?

Did you try singleplayer? Or just another mission?

I've been trying Altis since I bought Arma 3 mainly for that mod (Altis Life RPG) but couldn't get past 15 fps

I use "High" settings without any customizations at 1280x1024 resolution. Vsync is enabled (disabling it will increase fps a lot but leads to a lot of crashes on my machine). I didn't do anything special to increase my fps...I've been playing Arma 3 since Alpha and never had anything as low as 5-10 fps , not even on Ultra Settings...

Did you check if your drivers are up to date?

I've been trying Altis since I bought Arma 3 mainly for that mod (Altis Life RPG) but couldn't get past 15 fps

Low fps are often a server side problem. How many different Altis Life servers did you try? I think there are usually about 80 players on those servers, this might be part of the problem. How is your fps performance in singleplayer?

I use "High" settings without any customizations at 1280x1024 resolution. Vsync is enabled (disabling it will increase fps a lot but leads to a lot of crashes on my machine). I didn't do anything special to increase my fps...I've been playing Arma 3 since Alpha and never had anything as low as 5-10 fps , not even on Ultra Settings...

Did you check if your drivers are up to date?

Low fps are often a server side problem. How many different Altis Life servers did you try? I think there are usually about 80 players on those servers, this might be part of the problem. How is your fps performance in singleplayer?

Tried 3 different servers with 30-70 players all algged me just as badly.

My drivers are up to date yea. Will try single player

Setting everything to LOW is not the answer as it puts more load on your CPU (which is already underpowered) - use at least the middle-ground settings or experiment with higher ones which forces Arma to use your GPU instead.

Hello there

Firstly we need to see if the low FPS are down to your PC or the server.

Do an Autodetect in your GFX settings, its not ideal but it will get you off many of the CPU hogging low levels you have.

Then try the SP content and report back.

Try the Infantry showcase for example.

Rgds

LoK

Try contacting the creators of the Altis Life mission and see if there's anything they can do to lower the hit their scripts have.

Try playing on a stronger server / server running the performance binaries.