Sign in to follow this  
Slade650

Firefox model for operation flashpoint

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows or is creating a FireFox Model for operation Flashpoint ?

Crap, i didn't notice the image was at a geocities site mad.gif

Anyway, i don't think that plane would be good in OFP. It was suposed to be a mach 5 capable long range interceptor.

I would like to see some larger maps for use with the fast jets beeing made. According to an earlier thread on this forum 25,6 km * 25,6 km and 51,2 km * 51,2 km maps is possible in the 1,75 engine. Why hasn't anybody made a map using this yet?

An easy solution would be to just make a very large desert or sea map with a airfield in each corner

1. It would have to be pretty much perfectly flat to run smoothly

2. I don't think WRPEdit nor Visitor can zoom out that far.

3. If you were in a Mach 5 jet, it would lag, and you wouldnt have time to see anything on the ground.

Firefox-Van-Nuys-airport2.jpg you mean they made a real Fire Fox?? kinda of a ugly thing. or is it just a large prop that was in the movie? which btw i kinda felt that movie sorta sorta seemed hookey. (no offense) what ever happened to that huge Russian Cargo Jet somebody was making?

Thats just the full sized prop used in the movie.

Anyone remember the pretty awful Firefox game that could be found in arcades in the 80s? It used full-motion clips from the movie loaded off a video disk..looked neat but really stank as a game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDF @ Sep. 14 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats just the full sized prop used in the movie.

Anyone remember the pretty awful Firefox game that could be found in arcades in the 80s? It used full-motion clips from the movie loaded off a video disk..looked neat but really stank as a game.<span id='postcolor'>

That game took only one quater from me, no more. God that game sucked. A better game was Afterburner. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 14 2002,07wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what ever happened to that huge Russian Cargo Jet somebody was making?<span id='postcolor'>

It is alive and well.   I've spent a heck of a lot of work creating textures for the entire plane, as nothing found on the net would suffice.  I posted a pic in a thread about Turn radius on the Oxygen Board in these forums if you want to see how it looks as of now.  

I am also keeping a close eye on advances in scripting that would allow many things on the plane to be functional, such as animating cargo doors and vehicle carrying capability.

Anyway, back to topic smile.gif

Firefox was IMHO a pretty decent movie, and had some nice east block sneaking around suspense, but the actual plane would not serve a practical purpose in OFP, unless it was used in similar ways as it was in the movie:  Find it, steal it and get away in it.  Or things along those lines.

I'd play a mission like that if it was well made smile.gif

Konyak