Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Dynamic range audio package for resistance v1.75

ahh... its finally here!  wow.gif

The Resistance (v1.75) version of Satchel's Dynamic Range Audio enhancement package is now available.

Download as an update package for those of you who have kept your DynamicRange.pbo file handy or as a complete package for those first timers in Resistance.

Special Thanks to Satchel for the wonderful original package,  Wright for the original conversion to 1.45, Amalfi for his timely bin creator, and Vikingo for his assistance and enthusiasm. smile.gif

Here are the files:

Update file

Complete package

File-hosters feel free to offer this on your sites.

Note that I will be re-releasing the 1.46 version in the config.bin format.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. How does it compare/differ to Munger's soundpack?<span id='postcolor'>

Mungers is a sound.pbo replacement.  This is Satchel's soundpack converted for use with Resistance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. Will you be listing theses on your addons page?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I have a BIG update coing soon to my site.

Good work, its nice to hear some of those sounds again.

To avoid mp problems, its works to use Bigpoppas method (cant find exact thread).:

Just copy RES folder, rename it to "DynamicRange", install new config and .pbo into that dir.

Then make a new shortuct, and in properties put:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

-nosplash -mod=DynamicRange

<span id='postcolor'>

So it is easy to play with normal config or dynamic range.

Good Work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 12 2002,08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work, its nice to hear some of those sounds again.

To avoid mp problems, its works to use Bigpoppas method (cant find exact thread).:

Just copy RES folder, rename it to "DynamicRange", install new config and .pbo into that dir.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

<span id='postcolor'>

Good Work<span id='postcolor'>

sweet! didn't know about that!

I may update the readme in the files to have those instructions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Sep. 12 2002,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good work, its nice to hear some of those sounds again.

<span id='postcolor'>

Good Work<span id='postcolor'>

I tried that and it doesn't work. In my new shortcut here's what I have as the target:

"H:\OFP Backup\FlashpointResistance.exe" -nosplash-mod=DynamicRange

It loads up but it just loads everything from the original RES folder and not any of the stuff from the DynamicRange folder in which I have the Dynamic Range PBO file in it's addons folder.

I also changed the config.bin file properly in the BIN folder as well (in the new MOD directory).

I know it's not loading because I also have other different addons in the new MOD folder that the dynamic range pbo file is located in.

Any ideas?

Has anyone gotten this method to work?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Seems you forgot a blank between -nosplash and -mod...

Does anyone know if one can add several mod dirs, like -mod=dynamicsound -mod=othermod? Cause i already use the -mod= method and would like to be able to switch on and off the new satchels the same way...

Good job PV. I'm going to try it out in multiplayer with people who don't have it. If it works I'll be running through the streets hugging people all day. biggrin.gif

Thanks Viper, now people can finally stop complaining! biggrin.gif

Total satisfaction.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ Sep. 12 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone know if one can add several mod dirs, like -mod=dynamicsound -mod=othermod? Cause i already use the -mod= method and would like to be able to switch on and off the new satchels the same way...<span id='postcolor'>

You can only specify the -mod parameter once on the command line. You cannot dynamically change the referenced directory during OFP's execution.

I know i can't change it dynamically. But i thought about creating 2 shortcuts, one with -mod=mymods and one with -mod=mymods -mod=satchel, so i could start ofp with or without satchel sounds enabled. I tested, to see if it works or which one of the two mods dirs gets loaded if it doesn't, but my computer froze terribly after clicking on the second shortcut.

Well, if the new satchel sounds don't work in mp with people/server who don't have them or cause the "config has been changed" message (any infos about these ones) i guess they have to go cause i already have the -mod parameter in use and couldn't turn them on or off without copying/deleting files sad.gif

Nice work, PitViper. I never used the original satchel sounds cause i got turned on to sound mods really late and don't really like client/server mods, but from the first impression this sounds really great.

There was an old version of Satchel's SoundMod in your site which had very nice and useful BAT-files with it. You could just run the bat and it changed between the original Config.bin and Satchel's Config.cpp. It was very easy to use, could you or whoever made those BATs make them for this release?

Nice work PV, you deserve a medal for this one wink.gif

btw;

we are not worthy biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm uploading a newer version as we speak.

The fixes are:

- recovered 3 sounds that somehow got missed

- fixed fullauto on HK mp5sd

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Sep. 12 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyways, dont you ppl care that oxygen has been released? I mean, why was that oxygen thread closed?  confused.gif  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

what does that have to do with this thread??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (benu @ Sep. 12 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems you forgot a blank between -nosplash and -mod...

Does anyone know if one can add several mod dirs, like -mod=dynamicsound -mod=othermod? Cause i already use the -mod= method and would like to be able to switch on and off the new satchels the same way...<span id='postcolor'>

Nope that wasn't it. I added a space and it still is doing the same thing. It's just loading the RES folder instead of the folder with the dynamicrange mod. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles: Not really sure about this, but you are using quotes for your path... maybe you shut put the whole line inside the quotes, ie put the second (closing) quote BEHIND the -mod=DynamicRange. Like this:

"Drive:\path with space in it\flashpointresistance.exe -nosplash -mod=DynamicRange"

Where can I get this new version PV? It isn't showing on your site. sad.gif

they're the same filenames. I decided to just overwrite them since the changes were minor (unless its a problem?!?!wink.gif. just download from the original link and you will be all set.

Great work PV! Happy to have the best single player sound mod now for Resistance. And the thing I more like is that we can use the .cpp file for edit it and have our custom OF SP game :-) (ex: I like the new AK47/74 sound of Resistance so I keep that one here hehe) Like we say for MP we can use any other sound mod and all happy. I'm glad to help in some way for this great update you did. Thanks and keep those speakers loud ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vikingo @ Sep. 13 2002,14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work PV! Happy to have the best single player sound mod now for Resistance. And the thing I more like is that we can use the .cpp file for edit it and have our custom OF SP game :-)<span id='postcolor'>

hmm.. I don't remember releasing the final cpp did I?