Sign in to follow this  
Gurman01

Controlling AI as Zeus- question

If you jump into an AI (matrix style), and you get killed, do you return to the zeus role or are you dead?

When controlled unit is killed, you'll be returned back to the Zeus interface. After all, it's not you who died ;)

How do I controll the AI? I spawned a rifleman, selected the Controll module and klicked on him. Nothing happens.

Thanks Karel, like lambs to the slaughter.. Kinda reminds me of that film 'fallen'.

Maybe i can script that every time Zeus is about the player can hear that tune the devil whistles :)

How do I controll the AI? I spawned a rifleman, selected the Controll module and klicked on him. Nothing happens.

Having the same issue. Selecting AI and pressing my Zeus key does nothing. Maybe I've misunderstood what I'm supposed to do?

Having the same issue. Selecting AI and pressing my Zeus key does nothing. Maybe I've misunderstood what I'm supposed to do?

Quick video:

When controlled unit is killed, you'll be returned back to the Zeus interface. After all, it's not you who died ;)

But the body cannot live without the mind.

• Like 1

Quick video:

That´s exactly what I tried to do and it didn´t work....

Remember though, you can't take control of a squad leader and direct the rest of the group, you can't get in and out of vehicles without potentially breaking them, and as of now, you can't order united in and out of vehicles as zeus either. Hopefully that's a feature that's going to be added as the development continues. It's all currently beta after all.

I've noticed that sometimes when you take control of AI, you can't press right mouse to use the scope, or the launcher of AI AT/AA units. A relaunch of the game fixes it though.

One issue here. When you take over a squad leader, you should be able to control your all squad soldiers. Right now there is no such option, right?

One issue here. When you take over a squad leader, you should be able to control your all squad soldiers. Right now there is no such option, right?

That I know of, no. Also, you can't search through someone's bag, box or corpse to get gear either.

Thx a lot for the Aiming fix ! Lovely devs !

I only have another complain, is when it's night and you control a unit : the unit will force to use its NVG if it has in inventory... So even if you control the AI you can't control the vision :p

Thx a lot for the Aiming fix ! Lovely devs !

I only have another complain, is when it's night and you control a unit : the unit will force to use its NVG if it has in inventory... So even if you control the AI you can't control the vision :p

Yeah, thanks for this fix BI. However, inventory interaction for remotely controlled units still doesn't work when Zeus is a virtual entity. I have created a ticket for it on the feedback tracker and hope that BI are aware of this

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17753

Also, sometimes there are issues with the Zeus interface (the virtual entity zeus can "walk around" instead of flying with the camera) when returning from a remotely controlled unit in another way than pressing "Y".

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17754

Other than that, I'd still like to see ability to lead a squad or take part in squad interaction via remote control. I hope this will be possible in the future.

• Like 1

Other than that, I'd still like to see ability to lead a squad or take part in squad interaction via remote control. I hope this will be possible in the future.

Very strongly agree. As is now, this mod is half awesome without squad control.