batto

Ukraine General

BTW an awesome photo of the most adorable leader, with Ukraine's flag

On a Harley Davidson. I've always loved those pictures, things don't get much more MURRCAN than a Milwaukee big-twin. What, Ural isn't good enough?

Ukrainian SBU revealed another FSB agent who is active at least since 2008.

49556_original.jpg

Damn, that thing is ugly....

The one on the right or the one on the left?

( the media that Kremlin awarded as the most objective, RT ) 2 southeast Ukrainian regions to hold referendum May 11 as planned

The councils of the People’s Republics of two southeastern cities of Donetsk and Lugansk won’t postpone the referendums on their regions’ future as part of Ukraine and will hold them as planned on May, 11, the cities’ anti-government activists said.

“This is not our decision [of the politicians] , this is the decision of people of Donbas region,†said Andrey Purgin, one of the leaders of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, “People of Donbas [Region] got their chance to make a heroic deed and we can’t deprive them from this chance.â€

The decision of holding a referendum as scheduled was approved on the council of People’s Republic of Donetsk unanimously.

Meanwhile, the council of the People’s Republic of another eastern Ukrainian city of Lugansk have decided not to postpone their upcoming referendum either, and to go ahead and organize it on May 11.

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

My contribution to Putin's cats:

image.png

Don't bite me...

theres-also-a-softer-side-to-the-russian-president-here-putin-strokes-a-two-month-old-tiger-cub-he-received-as-a-birthday-present-at-his-novo-ogaryovo-residence-outside-of-moscow-it-will-soon-go-to-a-zoo.jpg

The one on the right or the one on the left?

No comment :p

Vladimir Putin's speech focused on the might of the Soviet people and made no mention of Ukraine

Why BBC editors so stupid? They are like schoolboys who don't study history

I hope that all sides keep a cool head and the weapons on safe for today.

I hope that all sides keep a cool head and the weapons on safe for today.

Bastards from National Guard and Right Sector to spit on this holiday

Mariupol today

Soldier Ukrainian Army. Mariupol 05.07.2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA8GT7n9M-c

Mr. Yatsenyuk and Company. Thank you very much for a salary of 1300hryvnia(110$) for two months. I wish you all the things that I have heard here from my brothers and sisters(People living in the SW Ukraine). Believe me, I am ashamed. Can you hear me(Mr. Yatsenyuk)? Think because we can rotate the column for you.
Edited by Rain^^

Bastards from National Guard and Right Sector to spit on this holiday

Mariupol today

I don't think that in conflict zones there are "holidays".

Although I don't get much why would someone celebrate a Pyrrhic victory against the germans, and the consequent bulling of half-Europe by the sovietics. Soviet Russians behaved in Europe as the Germans or worst.

Besides the brutalities that the Russian high command committed against their own troops during the war.

They should instead be ashamed IMO, but that's my opinion.

RIghteous or not, it´s a holiday where people gather to celebrate. No side should provoke the other today to keep civilians safe. @Rain blocking the road is a provocation too.

I don't think that in conflict zones there are "holidays".

Today was a holiday in Mariupol, and people came on this holiday. Because for them it means a lot.

as the Germans or worst.

What could be worse when people locked in homes and burned? Children, women and the elderly.

Besides the brutalities that the Russian high command

Please show proof of these the brutalities.

I need to confirm this. Show me the reports of the Ministry of Defence. Or Soviet soldier who tells about this the brutalities?

Yes it was in Soviet Army but these were isolated incidents that have taken place in nazi army and the US Army. I laugh when I read in the British or American press about the millions of dead soldiers who have been killed their high command.

But they never give evidence to support this. But they have an impact on people who believe these people at their word :)

Edited by Rain^^

Today was a holiday in Mariupol, and people came on this holiday. Because for them it means a lot.

What could be worse when people locked in homes and burned? Children, women and the elderly.

I need to confirm this. Show me the reports of the Ministry of Defence. Or Soviet soldier who tells about this the brutalities?

Yes it was in Soviet Army but these were isolated incidents that have taken place in nazi army and the US Army. I laugh when I read in the British or American press about the millions of dead soldiers who have been killed their high command.

But they never give evidence to support this. But they have an impact on people who believe these people at their word :)

So you deny that there were penal battalions that were used as cannonfoder?

You deny that the Soviet Army had special battalions who made sure that noone retreated by shooting everyone that did so?

Nazi-onal guard and army troops shoot at Mariupol citizens.

VIDEO REMOVED. Don't post videos that show excessive amounts of blood, gore, etc.

Nazi-onal guard BMP destroyed the banner with congratulations to WW2 veterans on it.

Edited by Maio

Chechenya , 10% population killed ? over 100 000 people from small nation,

Stalin crimes (many guerillas , partisans who fought with Hitler, after war were tortured and killed by NKVD because they were not communists),

Stalin murdered more people than Hitler (from 30s and Ukraine to 50s in satelite states) ,

Tsar-era crimes (begin of sending other nations to Syberia camps, continued by Stalin administration),

invasion of Hungary 1956, invasion of Czech in 1968,

USA made great job in D-Day and after, they free Europe and returned to homes, USSR shot Nazi Germany than started shooting our partisans (because they wanted replace natives by NKVD in army, police, administration, society)_

Nazi-onal guard and army troops shoot at Mariupol citizens.

according to our journalists first there was separatists who attacked Police building, than Police returned fire

Edited by vilas

blocking the road is a provocation too.

Provocation is when those bastards from National Guard and Right Sector came on Lenin Square where people have gathered for a holiday.

And came as you see with weapons and not with flowers.

Tell pleas what u know about Mariupol and South-East of Ukraine. I'm just wondering

according to our journalists first there was separatists who attacked Police building, than Police returned fire

Police fights there with Right sector too. NG and RS troops attack local Police department, now there's heavy fighting there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQV5EmvQ8Pg

Self-defence seize two Grad launchers, that had been moving to Markovka, Lugansk region. Mayor (at this video) explains he was given brief order and does not know what to do with that Grads at the Markovka.

Live feed (in Russian) from Mariupol.

Police fights there with Right sector too. NG and RS troops attack local Police department, now there's heavy fighting there.

do you expect RS to not react ? it is normal , like in Crimea there were those bikers from this "wolf-something" group kidnapping people if you remember (those guys who drive chopers with Putin),

always, in every such situation nationalists are on first line, it is natural, normal, not surprising,

if separatists will use artillery unit, they will make Ukrainian army also to use artillery shells, than many people will suffer, cause taking Grad launcher is not good, artillery unit is not rifle, when one side will use artillery , second side can use bombs, and than not 8 but 180 people will die, now people lost some windows, than people will loose whole houses

RIghteous or not, it´s a holiday where people gather to celebrate. No side should provoke the other today to keep civilians safe. @Rain blocking the road is a provocation too.

I do understand your point, but in conflict times, the armed sides usually don't care much about celebrations. How many wars lately have been stopped cuz of being christmas for example?

This subject has been widely documented by historians. Specially after the fall of the wall when they could access to soviet registers. You can start with this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

They were not isolated incidents but even wide organized actions from the Soviet High Command, like the ones Tonci already cited, when infantry was ordered to march inside minefields, etc.

Anthony Beevor's book about the Battle of Berlin is quite descriptive, IMO too much, if you fancy to go a bit deeper; and in that one you can see how he quotes at all times the documents from the soviet part that describe such crimes, encouraging troops to rape women from occupied zones, massive killings, etc.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

From our fav Russian propaganda media:

( RT ) Tanks, armed assault in Mariupol city center, casualties reported

Kiev’s forces are using heavy weaponry and tanks in the eastern city of Mariupol to storm the local Interior Ministry building, where police have barricaded inside. After residents began flocking to the scene, Kiev fighters opened fire on civilians.

Many people came to mark Victory Day, but as the reports of shooting started coming in, they moved on to show support for a few dozen policemen who had barricaded inside the building, refusing to take orders from Kiev.

Federalization supporters screamed “Fascists!†as the Kiev forces approached.

One of the armored vehicles then opened fire at a group of unarmed civilians, according to a self-defense forces’ representative.

Two people died and eight were wounded in the shooting, local witnesses reported, as cited by Interfax.

“At 12.50, 14 tanks were spotted coming from the agricultural base towards Mariupol. According to medics, there are two dead and 8 wounded,†0629.ua portal stated.