batto

Ukraine General

“Liberating people from the Communist yoke†and “liberating people from the tyrant Stalin" sounds like a good motivation to start a war doesnt it, its what the governor said according to News.ru

Sounds just as good as "Hey lets kill half a million Iraqis and bomb their country into stone age to spread democracy"

Again you are confusing who said what.

What the Governor said was that Hitler was the first to use slogans like "liberating people from the Communist yoke†and “liberating people from the tyrant Stalin.â€

Basically the Governor is quoting Hitler's Propaganda to compare it with the USSR one. Which as I said before, is quite true. Both Stalin and Hitler used the same excuses and slogans to invade other countries.

Those aggressors [soviet troops] were motivated not just by the desire to take our land and enslave our people' date=' but they also propagated slogans about the supposed liberation of nations of people who were living on the lands that Hitler was trying to seize. If you study history, we see that it [b']was [Hitler] who was the first to propagate the slogans[/b] “liberating people from the Communist yoke†and “liberating people from the tyrant Stalin.â€

This was Hitler’s first motivation, when he tried to take territory.

As for RT messing my mind. I can say the same about CNN and other mainstram meida brainwashing people here. Why is that every journalist is bound to lose his job if he tells something that does not go with the official version?

If you read the full thread, you will find close to none quotes to the CNN. If you think that a quote of a media is not correct, show us information that supports your point.

Edited by MistyRonin

Again you are confusing who said what.

Maybe, maybe not. Still his choice of words and, most important, timing was at least unwise to say it nicely.

To tell those veterans who fought and bled for their country (USSR) that they did it for the wrong cause at THEIR holyday, he could as well just spit them in the face.

Maybe, maybe not. Still his choice of words and, most important, timing was at least unwise to say it nicely.

To tell those veterans who fought and bled for their country (USSR) that they did it for the wrong cause at THEIR holyday, he could as well just spit them in the face.

He didn't even say nothing bad about USSR, he said about Hitler's slogans and later compared them with todays Russia rhetorics

You and the crowd misunderstood that he was merely quoting Hitlers propaganda.

Self-defence troops overran sanatorium in Donetsk, where NG troops stationed. 120 NGs surrendered, dropping their weapons.

According to talk among self-defence troops, they captured 4 Grad launchers from army.

You and the crowd misunderstood that he was merely quoting Hitlers propaganda.

I have to recognize that the Governor could have chosen clearer words and expressions to make his point. Specially having in mind that Russia propaganda is working at full throttle.

- - -

[JOKE] Seems that Russia has decided to invade Finland: ( Yle ) Police warning as bear roams Seinäjoki town centre [/JOKE]

According to talk among self-defence troops, they captured 4 Grad launchers from army.

Good video! Spooky do you have any link to a web like the one from yesterday, that had a live blog of what happened in Mariupol?

Edited by MistyRonin
orthography

(Al Jazeera) Ukraine Live Blog

Thank you!

- - -

( ITAR-TASS ) National Guard units withdraw from Mariupol, Ukraine claims

As of 08:00, local time /09:00, Moscow time/, May 10, the situation in the city of Mariupol has remained stably tense. National Guard units have been pulled out from the epicentre of the events," National Guard's press service said in an official statement on its website.

Good video! Spooky do you have any link to a web like the one from yesterday, that had a live blog of what happened in Mariupol?

You can get some info at this sites and blogs (sorry, they are all in Russian):

http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/voina-na-yugo-vostoke-onlain-09-05-2014-.html - online translations from South-East.

http://mikle1.livejournal.com/

http://shrek1.livejournal.com/

http://putnik1.livejournal.com/

http://crustgroup.livejournal.com/

http://da-dzi.livejournal.com/

You can get some info at this sites and blogs (sorry, they are all in Russian)

ÑпаÑибо Don't worry, I'm trying to learn basic Russian ( my wife is doing her best ) and if not I always have Google translator.

In fact after learning Finnish, to me Russian is quite an easy language to learn

I fear that tere will be much trouble tomorrow when the Separatists try to do their referendum.

The "referendum" is tomorrow but today we already have 100k yes-ballots. Thats the spirit!

Brought to you by

Xerox_logo.pngOfficial partner of Donetsk Peoples Republic

Absolutely to be expected. A few days ago there was a leaked telephone conversation of some high ranking separatist dudes and one of them basically told the other to just cross everything with yes and count it.

The referendum is a joke and everybody knows it.

Edited by Tonci87

Absolutely to be expected. A few days ago there was a leaked telephone conversation of some high ranking separatist dudes and one of them basically told the other to just cross everything with yes and count it.

The referendum is a joke and everybody knows it.

Maybe. But why should they transport such compromising material via roads knowing that the city is surrounded and they will be searched by the NG on the next checkpoint. Why not just print it in the city, I dont believe there wouldnt be a single printer in the whole city.

Those could also be empty bills meant for the referendum in the city where the NG placed some crosses on YES for the sake of the video. We all know that BOTH sides are feeding us with lies from the very start of that conflict.

About the outcome, even if the referendum is a fake, how do you think will the people vote there after their salaries were cut "to restore maidan" while the salaries and the pension in Crimea were raised, after they were attacked by their own "government" on many occasions, after what happened in Odessa and Mariupol.

Even their own NG has already threatened to turn on Kiev if they will further withhold their payment.

Edited by negah

Maybe. But why should they transport such compromising material via roads knowing that the city is surrounded and they will be searched by the NG on the next checkpoint. Why not just print it in the city, I dont believe there wouldnt be a single printer in the whole city.

First who cares about those papers in the video, the Donetsk Militia doesn't have any people legitimacy, ergo can announce that two thousand million people voted yes.

They don't even need to show the votes, and if they do can be all forged.

There is no democratic or legal warranty in that referendum ( nor in Ukraine nor in the International Law ) ergo is as valid as the toilet paper you have in your house.

All of you have already seen what the world thinks about that kind of fake referendums, for example the UN that voted illegal the Crimean "Referendum".

Those referendums at gunpoint have no value whatsoever, even the presidential elections in Ukraine will be questionable as long as the eastern mess isn't solved.

All of you have already seen what the world thinks about that kind of fake referendums, for example the UN that voted illegal the Crimean "Referendum".

And what can UN do against it. What could UN do against the invasion of Iraq, as I remember US and its followers didnt care about UN not giving them the mandate.

UN is sadly pretty much useless now. Yes they didnt recognize the Crimean Referendum, still Crimea is de facto part of Russia now.

As for Russias interest in Donezk, I dont think they want to annex it too. The region is in a very bad shape and in need of much investment whereas Russia is already busy with Crimea.

Two reasons I can think of why Russia would like to annex Donezk region:

- heavy industry and military facilites producing stuff nedded by Russia (like Mi-28 engines) which Ukraine stoped selling after Crimea.

- to secure a land access, water and electricity supply to Crimea

Main reason against annexing Donbass is ambiguous opinion of its population about possible reunion with Russia. Insurgency by Donbass citizens is least desirable thing we may get. When there will be the same opinion like among Crimeans - it will be right time to make reunion. But now it's too early for this.

Those referendums at gunpoint have no value whatsoever, even the presidential elections in Ukraine will be questionable as long as the eastern mess isn't solved.

Yeah I agree. The presidential elections will take part without the cities controled by the separatists (if the army doesn´t conquer them by then, but I doubt it) and will therefore not represent all People in the Ukraine.

http://www.0629.com.ua/news/531846

Military facility in Mariupol was quickly abandoned by all personell, 2 APCs, a number of trucks were left together with all other stuff.

Well, after I saw the images, the situation in the Ukrainian Army has to be really poor, they don't even have beds and the corridor was full of shit ( when I was in the Army you could eat in the floor of the corridor of the barracks of how clean they were ).

And what can UN do against it. What could UN do against the invasion of Iraq, as I remember US and its followers didnt care about UN not giving them the mandate.

UN is sadly pretty much useless now. Yes they didnt recognize the Crimean Referendum, still Crimea is de facto part of Russia now.

Nothing, but prestige is everything in nowadays politics and trading. If people & companies don't trust in Russia, they will invest in better places ( which is already happening after Crimea ).

So yeah, you can invade a lot of countries and control them de facto, but there are consequences.

Edited by MistyRonin

Well, after I saw the images, the situation in the Ukrainian Army has to be really poor, they don't even have beds and the corridor was full of shit ( when I was in the Army you could eat in the floor of the corridor of the barracks of how clean they were ).

Apparently they werent paid for two months by now, and dont even have enough to eat.

The financial situation in the country is abysmall, so the "government" in Kiev have to spare money where they can.

And since the newly appointed ministers from maidan activists lack in experience, and are more conserned with getting rich (see Vilas' posts about Oligarchy and common situation in post Soviet states) I dont see how they're going to improve the situation for the common folk.

I dont think they even care, I dont believe any of them will stay in their position after the presidential elections (even if it will be a farce, Poroshenko (yet another oligarch) is most likely to win the elections, and he will make sure that his men are in charge) and they're using their situation while they can.

I dont think they even care, I dont believe any of them will stay in their position after the presidential elections (even if it will be a farce, Poroshenko (yet another oligarch) is most likely to win the elections, and he will make sure that his men are in charge) and they're using their situation while they can.

To me these are more reasons why the pro-Russian violent militias should stop their insurrection and work to improve the country.

The images before are more how a barracks in Somalia should look not in Europe.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

( RT ) Gunshots, explosions near Ukraine's Slavyansk as checkpoint attacked

A checkpoint of the self-defense forces in Slavyansk has come under heavy gun and mortar fire, with explosions heard from the city. The attack, which was reportedly launched from a TV tower, comes hours before a regional referendum is due to begin.

According to the city’s self-defense, a checkpoint near Andreevka village, which is close to Slavyansk, has come under attack. This is close to an area where voting in the autonomy referendum is due to start Sunday.

"They used mortars to shoot at us and threw land mines," an anti-government activist told RIA Novosti. This is not the first time Andreevka comes under fire.

The images before are more how a barracks in Somalia should look not in Europe.

Judging by the thick layer of dust on the floor and furniture that building has not been used for a long time.