Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/Domination%20XTRA%203.00.7z

DominationXTRA300.jpg

Addon version and addon free version contained in the archive.

Release of version 3 of Domination XTRA, formerly known as GITS Domination, a heavily edited Domination mission, originally by Xeno.

Current version is 3.0final

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/co23_Domination_XTRA_Blufor3final.Altis.pbo.7z

thanks to Champy_UK for his input and work and the XTRA clan chaps and the others who've helped with testing, feedback, bug reports and feature requests.

Credits from previous version in spoiler below;

SpunFin's Reinforcement Chopper scripts

SpunFins Fillhouse scripts

Sounds by Bigpickle

FARP design by Beerkan

ATM Airdrop by Pokertour

Edited by Tankbuster
  • Like 1

This wouldn't have been possible without Champy. His help has been inestimable. Thanks, mate.

nice! Didn't even know this was around till now...will be giving this a try shortly.

nice! Didn't even know this was around till now...will be giving this a try shortly.

There's a reason for this which I'll explain quickly.

As you were probably aware, Xeno got lots of feedback about Domination 1 ad 2, not all of it helpful or justified and some of it was quite personal. He became less and less active publicly as a result. I was lucky enough to find him on a private forum where free of the background noise of the internet, he could actually engage with the guys who loved the mission for what it was, a great, higly dynamic, multiplayer, easy to access coop experience. We decided to respect his privacy by quietly releasing our edit of the mission.

As he's since left the wider community, we no longer felt constrained, and given the continuing popularity of the mission, we thought it's about time we really went public with this.

Edited by Tankbuster

Good job GITS Team!

Any plans on no addon version?

Strategic Outcomes are hosting a public 24/7 server addon/mod-free version of this mission.

I've edited this modded version so can't guarantee I've got all the mod references out, but seems good so far.

Hope you're OK with that Tankbuster? I always try to keep one public server completely mod-free, and your Domination is the best mission available.

Good job GITS Team!

Yes. We use the CTRG mod for two reasons, firstly because we like the way it looks and because it enables the Mohawk to be on the west side and we needed that for the heavy lift helicopter. If BI give us a big helo for west, then we may well remove CTRG. It's not widely used and the author doesn't play the game any more.

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Strategic Outcomes are hosting a public 24/7 server addon/mod-free version of this mission.

I've edited this modded version so can't guarantee I've got all the mod references out, but seems good so far.

Hope you're OK with that Tankbuster? I always try to keep one public server completely mod-free, and your Domination is the best mission available.

That's fine mate. Shall we look over the mission and do a proper release of it?

Good job GITS Team!

OK, it's time to revisit this policy.

I'm talking to some other content producers ie, someone who is happy to do the work of removing the addons. It's not a simple job.

Hopefully, we can support both without too many changes to how the mission plays. I'll update here when we've sorted this out.

May I suggest instead of just removing the addon dependency from the mission that you just setup a parameter in the description so that any player of the mission

could just enable those options if they want to use them, not sure if that would be more work or less, but there is a mission I play with a buddy that has a feature to be able to use the F18,

if you enable the feature in the parameter then obviously you would require the addon.

Also another option too is to add more enemy factions to play against instead of the CSAT Iranian enemy, maybe add the Irregulars, or another Opfor type enemy,

but set it up as an option this way requirements for the mission can go either way for a player

Removing the mod dependencies took a while, it was quite ingrained into the mission so I don't think it would work as a parameter to toggle easily.

Best way forwards would be to have an un-modded version, and then some basic scripting guidelines on how to add modded content easily.

i.e. If you want F18's and A10-C's as reward items, edit this file and add them to this line.

Changing units/vehicles at base just involves opening them in the editor, and selecting the replacement from the mod you want to use.

Changing enemy units will need potentially a lot of changes, as they are spawned at main and side objectives. Tankbuster will know best :)

Could even create a global config file in the root of the mission folder where classnames can be defined for all the mission content.....Just thinking out loud here now!

May I suggest instead of just removing the addon dependency from the mission that you just setup a parameter in the description so that any player of the mission

could just enable those options if they want to use them, not sure if that would be more work or less, but there is a mission I play with a buddy that has a feature to be able to use the F18,

if you enable the feature in the parameter then obviously you would require the addon.

Also another option too is to add more enemy factions to play against instead of the CSAT Iranian enemy, maybe add the Irregulars, or another Opfor type enemy,

but set it up as an option this way requirements for the mission can go either way for a player

We already use a number of OPFOR types in the mission, both irregulars and urbans.

As for parameters allowing for addons - it's not doable for the base vehicles as they are spawned in the SQM and we can't do conditional code in there. For stuff like bonus vehicles, it is possible to only spawn FA 18s if the addon is loaded by parameter, but this brings potential problems for JIP players. handling of the addon key gets complicated too.

Removing the mod dependencies took a while, it was quite ingrained into the mission so I don't think it would work as a parameter to toggle easily.

Best way forwards would be to have an un-modded version, and then some basic scripting guidelines on how to add modded content easily.

i.e. If you want F18's and A10-C's as reward items, edit this file and add them to this line.

Changing units/vehicles at base just involves opening them in the editor, and selecting the replacement from the mod you want to use.

Changing enemy units will need potentially a lot of changes, as they are spawned at main and side objectives. Tankbuster will know best :)

Could even create a global config file in the root of the mission folder where classnames can be defined for all the mission content.....Just thinking out loud here now!

This.

Addon Free build 1.07! :)

download removed

This is IDENTICAL to 1.06 except for;

Mohawk and Hellcat still in base but not resided ie, they are still actually side independent. (shouldn't really matter as vehicle takes the side of it's driver/commander)

Mohawk and Hellcat reskinned to a nice RAF green using setobjecttextureglobal (should be respawn and JIP safe)

CTRG Gorgon and F/A-18 removed from bonus arrays.

Buzzards reskinned green and added to bonus arrays.

Many thanks to Zach72 for doing this.

Edited by Tankbuster

Thanks Tankbuster :239: (our little secret)
Removing the mod dependencies took a while....

If you're looking for a faster way to convert a mod dependant mission to vanilla ArmA3, checkout an old utility I inspired. Converting-Alpha-Missions-to-run-in-Beta here.

Although written to help convert ArmA3 Alpha missions to new ArmA3 Beta, the same concept works. i.e. create your own ChangeText.txt file and use the utility.

We already use a number of OPFOR types in the mission, both irregulars and urbans.

Excellent, all more the better!

Thanks for the update!

Great mission guys, especially enjoy the side missions! Thought I would report a few bugs myself and a few friends have experienced.

1.) Bonus heli/vehicle/jets do not appear to be generating. In addition, the copy/text on the top right upon winning the objective(s) does not provide any details what you've been awarded -- it's simply blank.

2.) MHQ3 and Heavy Lift Heli have some sync'ing issues with other players. Sometimes team members cannot even interact/transport using the MHQ3. They can also become invisible on the map.

3.) In not entirely sure if it's working as intended, but the Heavy Lift heli cannot pickup the MHQ1&MHQ2 vehicles. Also, the lift system is a bit temperamental.

Keep up the great work!

Double post

Edited by Etzuu

I've been playing on this awesome dominationmap since i found out about it. One thing is bugging me though.....I've got my settings on streamfriendly UI and when i have it like that i get a message that i am not allowed to monatize it at the start of the mission and during the mission. WHY?? BI has declared that i am allowed to do so and in this mission i am using ARMA CONTENT and not the content of the missionmakers. I'd like to see this massage removed since there is no legal grounds for this message....in my humble opinion. Any thoughts on this topic?:cool:

Those restrictions were put on this mission by the original author of Domination.

I've found and fixed a few problems in v1.07. Some classnames got renamed back to vanilla incorrectly:

Some mission rewards did not spawn

The ATV was not available from the MHQ

The lift chopper couldn't lift the MHQ vehicles

No first aid kits in the MHQ and base box

Removed some unnecessary (unused) bits of code I'd introduced.

Currently known issues:

mhq3 (wildcat) doesn't seem JIP compatible

I'm working with Tankbuster to maintain a mod free version alongside his CTRG/FA18 version.

I'm currently keeping my clans public server up-to-date with a clan-branded version.