Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

What were you going when this happened and were you running any mods?

Also, I need the server rpt too, please.

What were you going when this happened and were you running any mods?

Also, I need the server rpt too, please.

I executed the mission in my PC not in the dedi with startup param -showScriptErrors

I was running vanilla with no mods.

I executed the mission in my PC not in the dedi with startup param -showScriptErrors

Ah. I'm sorry, I can't support the mission this way. Please run it on a server and see if you get the same errors.

Error in expression < 1;

_no = nearestObjects [_rep_station, _types, 8];

if (count _no == 0) exitWith>

Error position: <_types, 8];

if (count _no == 0) exitWith>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _types

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\x_server\x_f\fn_getwreck.sqf, line 9

Error in expression <_wreck = [_pos_rep_station,_types] call d_fnc_GetWreck;

_timenow = >

Error position: <_types] call d_fnc_GetWreck;

_timenow = >

Error Undefined variable in expression: _types

Error in expression <!isNull _wreck>

Error position: <_wreck>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _wreck

Error in expression <nabled _x} && {!(toUpper (typeOf _x) in d_heli_wreck_lift_types)}) then {

;

_x e>

Error position: <d_heli_wreck_lift_types)}) then {

;

_x e>

Error Undefined variable in expression: d_heli_wreck_lift_types

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\x_common\x_f\fn_disdeadvec.sqf, line 14

Error in expression <nabled _x} && {!(toUpper (typeOf _x) in d_heli_wreck_lift_types)}) then {

;

50mb RPT on dedicated server so far. Non addon version.

ArmA 3 MP Hot-fix, will update and relaunch.

Edited by MATR1X
A3 Hot-fix

This is the same error Nach mentioned earlier. Were you running it on a dedicated server?

This is the same error Nach mentioned earlier. Were you running it on a dedicated server?

TB I tested out in our dedi server and have the same errors.

No mods.

Tanky broke it ..... :)

Think we have found the error and there will be a brief pause till normal service is resumed

and if Tanky can pull himself together after making such a school boy error there should be a new fixed version up ASAP

Hes been a very naughty boy and i have told him off and he promises he wont do it again

Champy_UK

Updated build with this error fixed, plus a couple of other little fixes.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/other/Domination%20GITS%201.21.7z

Above link contains both addon and non addon version of this mission.

Hi mate. Good job porting with COS. ;)

Still getting errors with NON-addon version when testing in editor

File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\test2.Altis\x_shc\x_f\fn_makevgroup.sqf, line 33
Error in expression <dOf "Tank"): {
if !((toUpper _vname) in d_heli_wreck_lift_types) then {
_vec add>
 Error position: <d_heli_wreck_lift_types) then {
_vec add>
File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\test2.Altis\x_shc\x_f\fn_makevgroup.sqf, line 33
String STR_A3_dlc_loading_screen_text not found

Yes on a dedicated server. I really like domination and you have done a great job with this port. Will you be adding any more than 23 slots?

Hi mate. Good job porting with COS. ;)

Still getting errors with NON-addon version when testing in editor

Error in expression <dOf "Tank"): {
if !((toUpper _vname) in d_heli_wreck_lift_types) then {
_vec add>
 Error position: <d_heli_wreck_lift_types) then {
_vec add>

Hope you like what we did with COS. Did you notice the dogs? hehe.

That's the same error! I thought I had that one sorted. Damn. I'll have another look at it this evening. Sorry about this guys.

Yes on a dedicated server. I really like domination and you have done a great job with this port. Will you be adding any more than 23 slots?

The reason behind the 23 slots was to maintain some kind of level. When we changed it to 23 server issues were rife and there wasnt much point in having 40 players on to then have the server crash. If the perfs carry on the way they are going (onwards and upwards :) with server performance im sure we may look to increase the amount accordingly. AFAIK Domi has always been 40 so may look to add in to 30 as a tester in the not too distant future..

Thanks

Champy_UK

Im pretty sure Domi original was 30 players, and when Headless Client came around Xeno upped it to 40 players.

Dearest all,

Please accept Champy_UK's humblest apologies. Linked below is working versions of both the addon and non addon version of this mission, now called v1.22.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/other/Domination_GITS_V1.22BU1370.7z

Thanks.

Unfortunately i am running into another error. After taking off in a lift helicopter i am spammed with error messages.

Error in expression <_vec) select 2 > 2.5} && {(_nearestu in _possible_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;>
 Error position: <_possible_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _possible_types
File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\Domi3.Altis\x_client\x_f\fn_chop_hudsp.sqf, line 95
Error in expression <ble_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;

if (_check_cond) then {
67321 cutRsc ["chopp>
 Error position: <_check_cond) then {
67321 cutRsc ["chopp>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _check_cond
File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\Domi3.Altis\x_client\x_f\fn_chop_hudsp.sqf, line 102

Thanks.

Unfortunately i am running into another error. After taking off in a lift helicopter i am spammed with error messages.

Error in expression <_vec) select 2 > 2.5} && {(_nearestu in _possible_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;>
 Error position: <_possible_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _possible_types
File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\Domi3.Altis\x_client\x_f\fn_chop_hudsp.sqf, line 95
Error in expression <ble_types)})
};
};

sleep 0.001;
;

if (_check_cond) then {
67321 cutRsc ["chopp>
 Error position: <_check_cond) then {
67321 cutRsc ["chopp>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _check_cond
File G:\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\BangaBob\missions\Domi3.Altis\x_client\x_f\fn_chop_hudsp.sqf, line 102

Just tested 1.22 NA and am not getting any errors. Tried the hellcat and one of the lifties.

I'm not getting these errors, Bob. Need more info, mate.

Just tested 1.22 NA and am not getting any errors. Tried the hellcat and one of the lifties.

I'm not getting these errors, Bob. Need more info, mate.

Re-downloaded the non-addon version 1.22. Copied pbo straight into MP missions and launched domination.

After getting into the Merlin helicopter and taking off. (Approximately 20 seconds) the errors spring up.

Sorry, Bob, but I just can't reproduce this. I got in 1.22 no addon and happily took off and flew around for a bit. I also picked up and dropped a CRV. Same with a HEMMT mover and an MHQ. Both server and client RPTs clear.

I'm having a problem when running the latest Domination (1.22) on a LAN Server - the lift choppers do not give the option to lift any vehicles. If i load the same pbo on standalone and play, the option to lift appears. Anyone hazard a guess as to why this is? (probbaly me being a noob!!) :D

Yup me being a noob - hadn't selected correct mission ... what a plonker!! :a:

Edited by MiniGunDad
SOLVED

I am having that same problem! No lift only transport.

A bigger question i have is how do i change which enemy units spawn? its not in the i_server file like it was on A2 domi.

I ported this to takistan, and really want the turban wearing units of old (for which i have classnames from the CAF modpack)

Any ideas?

I am having that same problem! No lift only transport.

I just can't replicate this. I really have tried. :)

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

A bigger question i have is how do i change which enemy units spawn? its not in the i_server file like it was on A2 domi.

I ported this to takistan, and really want the turban wearing units of old (for which i have classnames from the CAF modpack)

x_init/fn_preinit.sqf

I just can't replicate this. I really have tried. :)

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

x_init/fn_preinit.sqf

Okay, I think i got the unit spawns understood

Also, LV_functions has tons of OPFOR units specified, if i leave this alone and do figure out how to change the preinit, will that be ok?

As far as lifting goes, I have ch3 as so in preinit

["HR3",3,"chopper3",3003,"n_air","ColorWhite","HeavyLift",(localize "STR_Heavy_Lift")]

and it matches the unique number in the d_init [ch3,3003,true]

The Mohawk is named ch3....hence it should lift. But instead i just get "Transport Chopper" On the hud.

EDIT: No dice, changed the classnames in preinit and nothing on foot spawns except for some recon group of the std csat variety.

GVAR(res_E) = ["CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47F","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AA","CAF_AG_ME_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_AK47","CAF_AG_ME_AK47"];

Edit 2: Working on allmen_E section and changing which group spawns....

Edit 3: Works! My buddy HAZ hooked me up on the taliban guys. Now its just lift that needs fixing. :)

Edited by Salty6924

We've been having some problems with getting this mission to work on dedicated server with my buddies.

We played on listen server and everything worked fine. But when we tried to set up dedicated server we get problems with getting radio towers and outposts to appear on main targets. Also when radio towers and outposts won't appear, it also breaks side missions. We've had about 30% succcess in having the tower and outposts to appear on first target. But once the target gets cleared the next target gets broken again.

Any idea what might cause it? Only addon we use is vts_weaponresting and I suspect it isn't the cause of the problem. We have tried looking around and we suspect that there is a problem with script stopping working or something like that.