Sign in to follow this  
bogo

Iraq strike 'would open hell's gates'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 10 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A happy and entertained population is a peaceful population

smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

They would entertain themselve by making your nick come true on you biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 10 2002,17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Killing Sadam will only make stuff worse, you'll make him a hero and countless people will want to die for him...<span id='postcolor'>

If you win the hearts and minds of the people after you kill Sadam, then there wont be the rebellion. So after he's ousted, the US builds McDonnalds, Taco Bells, Starbucks, Gap, Megaplexes, build a Disney Land, you, keep the people happy. After they see how much fun all these things are, they won't give a shit what happened to their last leader.

A happy and entertained population is a peaceful population

smile.gif

You aren't really going to appeal to devout muslims with 'infidel pleasure' now are you? They need democracy and one the people aprove of. Not a puppet government. At the very least Iraq should be comprehensively disarmed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 09 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Killing Sadam will only make stuff worse, you'll make him a hero and countless people will want to die for him...<span id='postcolor'>

If you win the hearts and minds of the people after you kill Sadam, then there wont be the rebellion. So after he's ousted, the US builds McDonnalds, Taco Bells, Starbucks, Gap, Megaplexes, build a Disney Land, you, keep the people happy. After they see how much fun all these things are, they won't give a shit what happened to their last leader.

smile.gif

Hmmm i don't think that it's that easy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 09 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Killing Sadam will only make stuff worse, you'll make him a hero and countless people will want to die for him...<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

Hmmm i don't think that it's that easy<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, Ok, we'll give them strip clubs and allow full contact lap dances. Now they'll love us long time.

-=Die Alive=-

I hear there's referendum coming up in Iraq next month or November.  I wonder if he'll win....

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm just saying my opinion!  Since when is that spamming?  confused.gif

Oh well smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I wasn't refering to you smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 10 2002,14:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No he isn't stupid, but neither was Hitler. Should we appease him in the same way?<span id='postcolor'>

Comparing Saddam Hussein to Adolph Hitler is both inane and totally inacurate!

Hitler was at the head of an idustrially great nation. Iraq is crippled by over a decade of UN sanctions. Hitler had great popular support and secretly built up one of the strongest armies in the world. Hussein has a military capable of oppressing his people, but Iraq doesnt have the logistical freedoms that Hitler had in the 30's.

This isnt about appeasing Saddam Hussein. It's about wanting proof, not rhetoric from Bush and his lapdog Blair. In fact, I am sure that if you look at the hitorical record, Hitler used German fears and anger at the Versailles Treaty to build resentment and anger at other nations. Jingoism often masquerades as 'the truth' and in that way, comparing Bush and Blair to Hitler may be far more accurate than painting Saddam with that brush.

Dont get me wrong, Hussein is a oetty dictator and is totally opressive to his people. I wouldnt weep if he met a violent and sudden end. The thing is, how many people have to die because Bush and his cronies have pretty much unilaterally decided he has to go?

Here is a collection of quotes gathered about the current Iraq situation.

Some of them are rather amusing (Particularly Jean Chretien) and one pretty much sums up my way of thinking:

"As soon as one nation claims the right to take preventive action, other countries will naturally do the same. If we go down that road, where are we going?"

Jacques Chirac

French President

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Sep. 10 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is a collection of quotes gathered about the current Iraq situation.

Some of them are rather amusing (Particularly Jean Chretien) and one pretty much sums up my way of thinking:

"As soon as one nation claims the right to take preventive action, other countries will naturally do the same. If we go down that road, where are we going?"

Jacques Chirac

French President<span id='postcolor'>

Jacquot is a king at the foreign politics game , he has a fantastic rethorical sense smile.gif and his opinions about international problems reflect very well the french people's thoughs

the fact is : (about france) we got enough fucking problems at home right now to join in a fucking senseless war that would cost us men , oil and material , we need those in france because of the floods and because of the vigipirate dispositive , and simply because we don't wan't to waste half of our military effectives in the middle of a restructuration of our army , a war would stop the modernisation process for something like 1 year and we don't want that

-edit- and : i'm still relatively young and still in the military reserve , i don't want to be sent in this fucking mess in case of problem

if the US of A want to play with their toy soldiers , they can , but it will be without nato nor un , if you fuck up , you'll fuck up alone

since most of the yanks 'round here think that europe is ueless on the military plan , we'll see during the occupation process (if you ever go to this point) how you'll manage the hummanitary mess you put in irak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 10 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amen!<span id='postcolor'>

great to see somebody agreeing with me

bbbbbbbbaaaaahhhhhh some people said that the afghanistan campaign would be a bloodbath for us forces ............

hope it is the same thing this time .... otherwise ..... you'll play the cowboys a little bit longer than wished .......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Sep. 10 2002,19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1-picture1.gif

no comment .....<span id='postcolor'>

I bet the wine is some cheap Califorina red biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 10 2002,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet the wine is some cheap Califorina red biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah , we would never sacrifiate a good ol' french red wine bottle to the dirty old hands of a yankee general

"A while ago I watched Staship troopers on DVD. Its not a serious movie in it self, but can clearly be, and have in large extent been, misunderstood.

That movie is 100% sarcasm over western ideologies in general, and US policies in particular.

Except for the movie, the DVD included more than one hour of comments from the makers of the film (a duch guy and a US I think), and those comments were not shy, probably makes many 'pro-US-policies' people break the disk in rage... We quitted listening to those comments after an hour or so I think, due to other things. But just not imagine that that movie is serious about its approach........"

The movie is based on a book and the book gets the point across much better. But have no doubt, there is actually quite a lot of thought given to it. The remark made by Carl, "Remember people, we are in it for the race!" has been used by several current western leaders. They just rephrased it differently. The meaning however was the same.

the main reason why i'm angry is because this year my reserve regiment moved in first line deployment organigram or sumthin like that , it means that it would be one of the firsts to leave france to go where it's hot if the professional full-time armed forces aren't enough

note : all this fucking story curiously reminds me a tom clancy's book serie , debt of honor and on order (not sure about the title of this one , both stories are on 4 800 pages books )

a planes crashes on the white house , the president is killed but replaced by jack ryan (if i remember correctly) , and the us then strike back etc etc etc in a great unbiased tom clancy style

-edit- : i don't remind these books really well , those were for me some kind of way to pass time and to sleep faaster .... didn't pay much attention to them

but in the end of "on order" 2 , ding chavez does an appearance , so maybe the newly named president is john clark ....... wait ...... jack ryan ..... ooooh shit

-edit-(bis) : OOOOOOOHHH FUCK WE'RE IN A FUCKING FICTION DAMN

all that . 11 of eptember , anthrax , muslim fanatics , plane crashes , us military deployement in forgotten countries , loads of rethoric in the mouths of the leaders , loads of civilian casualties , wmd's , nukes , mad dictators ..... fuck ..... bush , laden and saddamn have all read the same clancy's books , otherwise i can't see how it is possible ....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 10 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 10 2002,14:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yet another 'Iraq has WMD!' article.

Hey, America has 20,000 nuclear weapons stockpiled and could make more, they could wipe out the world a few time over! Russia could do the same! All the other mini nuclear superpowers could do damage too! If Iraq was in Americas good books, they would be helping him make the things!

As soon as he starts saying 'I plan to nuke everything I can', then we get afraid. And Im sure someone is going to find some article quoted Hussien as saying that, so show me <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I see you're not serious. First you say that if there's proof that Iraq has actual WMD capabilities, you can understand the US stance.

When I present an article, you synically dismiss it and go blabbering about the US weapons stockpile.<span id='postcolor'>

No Avon, you are just using standard debate skills, let the other guy explain himself so he finally makes a mistake. Either way it doesn't change the situation.

the today's world is some kind of huge cosmical mess ........

we're in a fucking fiction ....... it's impossible ......

-edit- ...... ooooooohhh mum i wanna sleep , i want to forget about all those deaths and destructions and wake up in a quiet world tomorow morning ....... i'm bored , i don't even feel the fear anymore .... now i just want to sleep ....... oooooohhhhhh

Here is somthing interesting I found on CNN:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile, the Bush administration is taking no chances Iraqi President Saddam Hussein might misread U.S. intentions. U.S. officials have informed the Senate Intelligence Committee of a warning formally conveyed recently to Baghdad. The chairman of that panel, Sen. Bob Graham of Florida, told me: "Our belief is that Saddam Hussein fully understands that if he were to use a weapon of mass destruction, that it would result in the annihilation not only of him but of much of his society."

<span id='postcolor'>

(emphasis added)

Original article

Now if Saddam had said something like that, wouldn't it be considered a terrorist threat?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 10 2002,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Avon, you are just using standard debate skills, let the other guy explain himself so he finally makes a mistake.  Either way it doesn't change the situation.<span id='postcolor'>

Avon is one of the very few people on this board that actually has a reason to be fearful of Iraq and chemical and/or biological weapons.  After all, a scud cant reach NYC or Washington, DC from Iraq, but it surely can reach Israel.  So there is a reason she's a little paranoid and distrustful. And I cant blame her smile.gif

But I will stand by my previous assertion that without irrefutable proof of both the existance of said WMD and the planning to use them, the US making war on Irq is not justified.  Seems Bush cant even produce credible evidence for our Prime Minister.  Makes you wonder..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 10 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is somthing interesting I found on CNN:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile, the Bush administration is taking no chances Iraqi President Saddam Hussein might misread U.S. intentions. U.S. officials have informed the Senate Intelligence Committee of a warning formally conveyed recently to Baghdad. The chairman of that panel, Sen. Bob Graham of Florida, told me: "Our belief is that Saddam Hussein fully understands that if he were to use a weapon of mass destruction, that it would result in the annihilation not only of him but of much of his society."

<span id='postcolor'>

(emphasis added)

Original article

Now if Saddam had said something like that, wouldn't it be considered a terrorist threat?<span id='postcolor'>

THIS is sick ....... ooooh god ....

-edit- denoir , where's my depression thread , you know ,  the one where i distrust totally the human kind ?