Sign in to follow this  
bogo

Iraq strike 'would open hell's gates'

Saddam didn't use his chemical weapons during Desert Storm - what has changed, that makes the USA thinking, that those weapons in Saddams hands suddenly are such a big threat?

Additionally to what I have already said on  page six, I want to say that the current situation is a kind of stable with the none-flying zones, and Saddam is not really doing anything critical that destabilizes it. While I agree, that the current situation can't be a final solution, removing Saddam will solve nothing (according to point 3 in my post above).

As (I think Denoir) already mentioned, Saddams main focus is to keep his power and wealth, and by this he is somehow predictable, an inportant fact, in situations like this.

Furthermore, I doubt, that governments from americas mercy will be very safe and it is pretty likely that they will be always targets for fundamentalists... Just like in Afghanistan there would be a 'protected' zone like Kabul today, but you can't control the entire country.

Edit:

Just one more thing: Sirloins, you said on page 16:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right or wrong, I support my governments policies.<span id='postcolor'> - 60 years ago in Germany people said </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fuehrer befiehl, wir folgen Dir!<span id='postcolor'>Time to learn from history!

The more I read about the US-army having started long ago to prepare for this war and construct new bases in the middle East the more I feel that whatever the UN may decide the US will not change its plans.

During the last days I have asked myself a lot of times when Saddam last mentioned that he will attack the US once his army is remobilised. I dont really remember any such statement. I feel that since 9/11 and the intensification of the MiddleEast crisis war has become a legitimate tool of politics. People still talk about war against terorism when discussing the Iraq issue. Which is of course pure bullshit. Any proof of Saddam harbouring terorists?

We should translate this political decision to attack Iraq into an example of everday trial, cause to me it gets kind of confusing: what about this one:

"a guy who once robbed his neighbour got caught by the police. The police said that he has allow them search his house for guns every once a week. One day this guy refuses to open the door, also because the police has closed his bank account for years. Now a single police officer who once was shot and no longer trusts any former criminal visits this dude without his chief knowing about it. He pulls he former criminal out of his house and beats the shit out of him because he assumes that

a.) not letting the police enter the house means he bought a new gun.

and

b.) as a consequence of a. having a new gun means that the dude wants to shoot a police-officer.

As reasonable as this may sound to some of you. To me this sounds like a ridiculous preventive trial! Putting someone ino jail before he can commit a crime.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any proof of Saddam harbouring terorists?<span id='postcolor'>

Just passing through. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 09 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any proof of Saddam harbouring terorists?<span id='postcolor'>

Just passing through. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

True, the links the Palestinian terrorism are clear, the leap the the US is not massive now is it? Plus America is not the only country threatened, what about Israel? Just because their Palestinian strategy isn't very fashionable doesn't mean they don't have to be protected.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 09 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 09 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any proof of Saddam harbouring terorists?<span id='postcolor'>

True, the links the Palestinian terrorism are clear, the leap the the US is not massive now is it? Plus America is not the only country threatened, what about Israel? Just because their Palestinian strategy isn't very fashionable doesn't mean they don't have to be protected.<span id='postcolor'>

And Turkey and Kuwait and still possibly Saudi Arabia and Iran? Hey! They're worried next door in Jordan!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 09 2002,13:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 09 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 09 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any proof of Saddam harbouring terorists?<span id='postcolor'>

True, the links the Palestinian terrorism are clear, the leap the the US is not massive now is it? Plus America is not the only country threatened, what about Israel? Just because their Palestinian strategy isn't very fashionable doesn't mean they don't have to be protected.<span id='postcolor'>

And Turkey and Kuwait and still possibly Saudi Arabia and Iran? Hey! They're worried next door in Jordan!<span id='postcolor'>

Very true.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,08:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am out for lunch, please leave your posts on the responder, I will get back to you! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif That's good.

Your cop story is pretty good Albert. They would probably do that in the UStates though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 09 2002,22:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This just in:

After several weeks of secret meetings, the UK and Iraq have kissed and made up.<span id='postcolor'>

Noq thi9s really have relevance......

I can see where your bottom sig comes from.......

Yes Avon, we will see how funny this really gets. I can't wait for the fun to start.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 09 2002,16:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't wait for the fun to start.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, you seem impatient for this sort of stuff.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 09 2002,15wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes Avon, we will see how funny this really gets.  I can't wait for the fun to start.<span id='postcolor'>

You bet your ass! It is going to be great! Cool action on the telly. All sorts of military hardware displayed. Cool smarbombs destorying bridges. The daily short fictional story told by some general. Hell, war is great entertainment!

It is just that little thing that those who unwillingly participate in that show might not be so happy about it...

Oh yea man, war makes a great nightly telly event. I missed the 'Nam and Gul War, but I was able to sit back and watch 70+days of Nato pounding Yugoslavia/Serbia/Kosovo. Lots of pretty planes and big bombs and civilians getting killed.

I cant wait for the second Gulf War(really the third, becuase the war between Iran and Iraq was called the Gulf War too) so I can watch Big American Marine Generals telling us how well the operation is goign well footage of F-16s targets plays in the background. I cant wait to hear storiesd of 'Smart Bombs' missing thier targets and taking out families of Iraqi civilians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 08 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh yea man, war makes a great nightly telly event. I missed the 'Nam and Gul War, but I was able to sit back and watch 70+days of Nato pounding Yugoslavia/Serbia/Kosovo. Lots of pretty planes and big bombs and civilians getting killed.

I cant wait for the second Gulf War(really the third, becuase the war between Iran and Iraq was called the Gulf War too) so I can watch Big American Marine Generals telling us how well the operation is goign well footage of F-16s targets plays in the background. I cant wait to hear storiesd of 'Smart Bombs' missing thier targets and taking out families of Iraqi civilians.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh boy oh boy, now i'm getting all exited!!!!

Iraq here i coooooooome!

Did anyone say US military hardware??  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gifwow.gif

Where is my remote control - I have to reload it with some heavy duty batteries now wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The truth is always the first casualty of war.<span id='postcolor'>

The truth is always the first casauly of modern western ideology  sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pukko @ Sep. 09 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The truth is always the first casauly of modern western ideology  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh I dunno, there are some shreds of truth out there. You just have to dig quite a lot through some serious piles of s*** to find them. Especially in the current political climate where facts and truths are conveniently forgotten/misplaced/rewritten/obliterated (delete as appropriate), to serve the "cause". smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Sep. 09 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are interested: www.stopthewaroniraq.org Just curious about what people think smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, but not many people voted. Can be tampered with.

Yeah, it is gonna be cool. We gonna get new films and stuff. Maybe even a new version of Americas Army where you got to bomb roads and cities and stuff. Fucking hell and we gonna see all those new US weapons and maybe even pictures of american soldiers in an mustard-gas attack. Like in "Total Recall" they will try to get air and their eyes will pop out and then they all explode and spit blood and stuff. So fucking cool. And maybe we can all join like in Starship Troopers. I was pretty good at playing Americas Army, I think they would make a sniper immediately with the score I reached in that game. And once Saddam is pissed of he will throw nukes at Isreal and they will throw theirs back and then we gonna see from satelites how the entire Middle East is like gleaming at night and stuff. So fucking awesome

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 09 2002,20:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, it is gonna be cool. We gonna get new films and stuff. Maybe even a new version of Americas Army where you got to bomb roads and cities and stuff. Fucking hell and we gonna see all those new US weapons and maybe even pictures of american soldiers in an mustard-gas attack. Like in "Total Recall" they will try to get air and their eyes will pop out and then they all explode and spit blood and stuff. So fucking cool. And maybe we can all join like in Starship Troopers. I was pretty good at playing Americas Army, I think they would make a sniper immediately with the score I reached in that game. And once Saddam is pissed of he will throw nukes at Isreal and they will throw theirs back and then we gonna see from satelites how the entire Middle East is like gleaming at night and stuff. So fucking awesome<span id='postcolor'>

I think you made your point. biggrin.gif

Well, I'm waiting to see what Chretien says.

So how many days till the show begins!!?

All that is cool, except you won't see any American dying from mustard gas, that would be to violent. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 09 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Sep. 09 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are interested: www.stopthewaroniraq.org Just curious about what people think smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, but not many people voted.  Can be tampered with.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, fuckin hilarious. You guys do realise that we havent done anything to Iraq yet, other than wage a war of words, dont you? There are no daily B52 strikes on Baghdad. 1st Armored is not fighting in the deserts south of the fertile crescent. THERE IS NO WAR. At least not yet