sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

@Orcinus: I need to double check this before I'm the cause of exploding your data plan, but the client should not actually download the full 70GB, instead it should compare the files on your system to the ones on our server based on small parts of the full files lets say 5kb each to confirm they are the same.

I'd suggest to try this with one or two mods first and monitor the total download size.

@Guttersnipe: No this sadly doesn't work yet. The system uses only one of the selected locations at a time and moves everything else to there.

But what might help is moving all your sync files to a different drive to save space. You can set this in the game settings menu and PwS will offer to move all existing files for you. Sync files can fill up your drives quite fast but are needed to delta-patch (only download changes in the update, instead of entire mod again) and to revert and fix your mods fast. It is possible to remove them all at cost of slower proces time of the things I just mentioned.

Thanks, I'll give it a try at the weekend. I also want to move the sync file off my SSD, so thank you for that as well.

Good informative post.

Cheers

Orc

99% sure PWS will 'convert' non-PWS mods to PWS format then download whatever is missing... so if you already have AiA just name the folder the same as PWS names it in your A3 mods directory, fire up PWS, then 'Install' AiA - it will run through the process of converting what you already have.

Cheers, Sav - however I think I'll start with a little one so as to avoid bankruptcy :)

Hello Sickboy,

Thanks for PwS it's a great app !

For now i have some problème with one account. With a name account how i find where email is associate ?

Same^. Even if I disable legacy, playwithsix says Arma has launched but I get nothing on my screen.

Good work,but it looks like BI are going to undo all your hard work over the years.

playwithsix like all other Launcher are to become useless.

Thanks BI

"We're also going to test a new version of the BattlEye anti-cheat engine in the Launcher this week. It will provide a more robust and thorough detection of hacks and cheats. You will be able to still opt-out, but that will not allow you to connect to BE-enabled servers. Toggling BE on and off, as well as updating it, will now be handled via the Launcher."

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00100

pMTBTsQ.jpg

We've made some security and stability improvements to our back-end of which you will notice some changes. More about this is described in the full post.

Important: Since these changes affect existing accounts, you probably have to login again and update the client in order for them to take effect.

Read more in the Original post

Authors stay tuned for awesomeness coming your way soon...

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Good work,but it looks like BI are going to undo all your hard work over the years.

playwithsix like all other Launcher are to become useless.

Thanks BI

"We're also going to test a new version of the BattlEye anti-cheat engine in the Launcher this week. It will provide a more robust and thorough detection of hacks and cheats. You will be able to still opt-out, but that will not allow you to connect to BE-enabled servers. Toggling BE on and off, as well as updating it, will now be handled via the Launcher."

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00100

We're investigating..

In general we're not too worried as we distinguish ourselves from the built-in launcher in many ways,

and we're assured BI's work and plans are not to block or interfeir with 3rd party launchers like ours.

So in worst case scenario it might just require an adjustment here or there.

Edited by Sickboy

xFOJh8A.png

Good news everybody!

We are excited to inform you about the start of the first test version of our new self-management system for mods.

All mod authors who have successfully claimed their mods on withsix.com are now invited to try submitting new mods and updating their content directly onto withSIX.com.

To learn more about the new features and how to use them, simply browse to: https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/submit-and-update-mods-yourself-on-withsix-beta

Ok so, I'm gettin the ole "cannot join session wrong password was given" when trying to join a server that is NOT locked, and I figured mentioning this in this thread is ok, because i found that old one linked to this one..so if someone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Ok so, I'm gettin the ole "cannot join session wrong password was given" when trying to join a server that is NOT locked, and I figured mentioning this in this thread is ok, because i found that old one linked to this one..so if someone can help, it will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, could you send us the server name or better even the ip/port you get this issue with? thanks!

Greetings,

We have now launched the Open Beta phase for the new self- management system for mods.

Authors are now able to easily and quickly add and update mods on withSIX with this public-beta release by using our newly developed web interface directly on withsix.com.

Spread the word!

Click here to learn more about the new feature.

If you are an author and want to learn all the details check our documentation.

Edited by Sonsalt6

Hello, Sickboy,

Six Config Browser is down now. When will it resume? If not, would you provide a download-able local package?

Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

Hello, Sonsalt6,

Six Config Browser is down now. When will it resume? If not, would you provide a download-able local package?

Many thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:27 ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 ----------

Greetings,

We have now launched the Open Beta phase for the new self- management system for mods.

Authors are now able to easily and quickly add and update mods on withSIX with this public-beta release by using our newly developed web interface directly on withsix.com.

Spread the word!

Click here to learn more about the new feature.

If you are an author and want to learn all the details check our documentation.

Hello, Sonsalt6,

Many thanks.

Hey guys,

So I was reading through the changelog and it said playwithsix now is portable :yay:. Since I have Arma on an external hard drive, I was really excited that I would be able to put playwithsix on that drive as well.

However, if I try to move play.exe or the whole appdata\local\playwithsix folder, nothing works.

Can you please help me with how to make this portable, that would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Recon

You should be able to move the exe anywhere at least. You could just junctions/mlinks to "mirror" the appdata folder to another drive/location.

Note: You need also AppData\Roaming\SIX Networks\Play withSIX.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going to portabilize it using Cameyo software, so its in a single exe.

However, if I uninstall playwithsix and then reinstall it and log in, will my mod collections and whether they are installed or not stay?

Or will I have to subscribe and install the the mods again.

Thanks m8

It is already a portable exe. Doesnt make sense do it once more.

The tool only needs its configuration files (see note above) and its helper tools.

It's not really portable if it requires files in other folders. Generally portable apps keep all their files in one folder (or subfolders beneath the main one) so that it can be copied to a USB stick and run on any PC.

It's not really portable if it requires files in other folders. Generally portable apps keep all their files in one folder (or subfolders beneath the main one) so that it can be copied to a USB stick and run on any PC.

Yeah, I was really hoping for an .exe that I could place on my external hard drive and use between pc's. Either way, I'll just make it portable myself.

However, I'm having a much more serious problem. So for the last week I have been trying to create a collection of all my favorite mods in Arma 3 and then download them. However, every single time I compile all 32 mods into a single collection, Playwithsix crashes and I lose my profile data and the collection! I've done it 3 times and it took me an hour each, just for everything to be deleted.

If this cant be fixed, is there any file that contains all of my settings which I can backup? So that perhaps when it crashes I just replace the file with the backed up one and my settings and collections are back.

I really enjoy playwithsix as it has a lot of potential, but it crashes constantly :c.

If you can fix this I will be quite grateful :D

Thanks m8 :yay:

This is the report that I made a week ago with a new log (My first report was not answered for quite a while so I made a new one)

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/play-withsix-crashes-on-startup-could-this-be-a-driver-error

Ocassionally playwithsix crashes on startup, other times it clears profile data. I believe it may be my system, but hopefully the log will tell. If you need a newer log please tell me.

Thanks for the help xD,

Joshua

Is anyone else encountering these errors on startup, and then getting them every 20 or minutes or so thereafter?

play_with_six_errors.png

I'm getting some serious errors whenever I open play with six now. I also cannot download any mods or move any mods to different collections but I am able to play with the mods I currently have installed. 

play_with_six_errors.png