Feint

RQ-11B RAVEN for Arma 3 - RELEASED!

No, sorry, I'm not going to make two versions. In life, it is not possible nor necessary to please everyone.

Regarding the laser targeting, I believe this is a bug with the game.

Just be happy Feint is still modding...top notch stuff!! Thanks for the work bro.

Regarding the laser targeting, I believe this is a bug with the game.

or maybe the "wrong" Laser??? i tested it yesterday basicly Everything that is not Locked Before launch (Like the Arty laser shell) works but everythink else not!

or maybe the "wrong" Laser??? i tested it yesterday basicly Everything that is not Locked Before launch (Like the Arty laser shell) works but everythink else not!

I just tested it and it works for me using the Comanche helicopter and the Independent L-159 Alca. Are you using non-friendly-to-Blufor aircraft or weapons to fire on the target laser? The Raven only uses the laser designator set for Blufor weapons (or apparently blufor-friendly weapons used by Independent. If you use Opfor weapons, it probably won't work.

Spent a couple of hours pretending to be an UAV operator during our last coop and I must say that I enjoyed the Raven a lot, it's just amazing to track a sneaky target then to spoil its hidding skills with that green beam for your mates to end its virtual life. Muahahah!

Thanks a ton for the time you dedicated to it Feint! twothumbs.gif

Edited by Kawa

Thanks Kawa. I appreciate the kind feedback. I'm so glad you are having fun with it. It was a lot of work. :)

Out of curiosity, were your teammates able to see the green laser? I've been told that it doesn't show up in multiplayer. I just don't know how to fix it for others. I believe I just have to run the command that sets the laser to activate onEachFrame on every client or maybe on the server. But I don't know how to execute commands on other people's clients or on the server.

Out of curiosity, were your teammates able to see the green laser? I've been told that it doesn't show up in multiplayer.

This.

Only operator of Raven can see it, and others can't

and it seems bit weird to see laser through the eye with out NV

And some how respawn scripts make this uncomftable

1. Fly the Raven

2. Dead

3. Raven start the autoland

4. respawn or revived

5. can't operate Raven (Can't access to console)

Well, I was asking myself the same question since some mates didn't saw it while others said they did. I thought that my bird may have been too high in some case (max height for safety) or that simply that they were too focused on the firefight so I wanted to test it in a more controlled environment before posting anything on that matter.

Will post my feedback as soon as I'll have some more reliable results.

This.

Only operator of Raven can see it, and others can't

and it seems bit weird to see laser through the eye with out NV

And some how respawn scripts make this uncomftable

1. Fly the Raven

2. Dead

3. Raven start the autoland

4. respawn or revived

5. can't operate Raven (Can't access to console)

OK, thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure how to fix that, but I'll see what I can do. All scripts should end once the player dies, but maybe some variable needs to be purged from the player that's preventing him from relaunching the GCS camera.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

I unfortunately confirm that nobody sees the green laser but the operator. Mates saw a red ball on my locked target though.

What they saw:

http://gyazo.com/882e93f348c8b042c4ff0772360dfdfa.png (261 kB)

What I saw:

http://gyazo.com/e2a679474405ed29b22dfe5d8ef71a63.png

OK, good to know. I'll take a look at the code and see if I am creating that vehicle as local or not. Must not. I'm sure I can fix that probably in the next update.

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 33%]Download from FTP #1:

RQ-11B Raven 7z.gif[/TD]

[TD=width: 34%]Download from FTP #2:

RQ-11B Raven 7z.gif[/TD]

[TD=width: 33%]Download from FTP #3:

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]Size : 2 MB Downloaded : 2533 times Report broken download link[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

On a positive note, the latest info from Armaholic is that this Raven was downloaded more than 2500 times! That's awesome! Now if each of you gave me a dollar... ;)

And thats only the count for FTP#1, FTP#2 and the future FTP#3 are not counted at all. So it is I think fair to do 2500x1.5.

The new site has 6 downloads (where applicable) and they will all count properly. :)

Sorry for providing false/incorrect and bad data until than :( (but at least its better to show less than to show a whole fake ammount).

And thats only the count for FTP#1, FTP#2 and the future FTP#3 are not counted at all. So it is I think fair to do 2500x1.5.

The new site has 6 downloads (where applicable) and they will all count properly. :)

Sorry for providing false/incorrect and bad data until than :( (but at least its better to show less than to show a whole fake ammount).

Cool! Thanks for the info. I didn't know there was going to be a new site. I'm excited!

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

I used your Raven in my mission.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223112201

The only thing I've yet to do is add some of your instructions on how to use the UAV to the briefing or a hint.

Nice. I like the blacked out words in the briefing. Looks like a fun mission.

Just tried this out on a dedicated server. Nice!

Odd thing I noticed: when I packed it up back to my backpack, I still had an option to pack it up - did so and got a 2nd backpack Raven on the floor!

Thanks for the info. I think I can fix that.

Hi Feint, I'm trying to get this working on our dedicated server but for the life of me I can't get past the fact that none of the versions I can find have been signed. Without the bikey, I can't use it. Any chance you could sign it and release the signed version please?

I grabbed it off PlayWithSix so I guess they signed a copy for distribution.

I grabbed it off PlayWithSix so I guess they signed a copy for distribution.

Yeah I did too, but I can't find the key in the folder at all - playWithSix doesn't install keys into the keys folder itself does it?

OK, just looked in my mod folder. It's signed by Feint (author) but no server key provided.

I think you should not need to take up after the terminal becomes the floor you can use, and the camera moves up and down instead of into the truck, so I think it would be better to control some

Of course, this is just some suggestions

OK, just looked in my mod folder. It's signed by Feint (author) but no server key provided.

That's a shame, there is no way I can use it without that server key. Looks a lovely mod in SP though.

Hi Feint, I'm trying to get this working on our dedicated server but for the life of me I can't get past the fact that none of the versions I can find have been signed. Without the bikey, I can't use it. Any chance you could sign it and release the signed version please?

Sorry about that.

Server Key Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/95rctquo2eqoo61/FEINT.bikey

Feint, you'll forgive me if this has already been asked and answered in this thread I hope, but is there a way to enable all the options for the Raven (selecting a new target, viewing the camera, etc) via the BIS UAV Terminal or to allow the player to access those options only if he's picked up the GCS? I ask because I had an incident when I was providing support, went out of the terminal to check my surroundings, and then promptly lost the terminal in the long grass.

The GCS location it's marked on your map. If you lose it, check your map for the little black circle. That's where the GCS is.

I'll update the read me file with this info.