fabrizio_t

[OPEN BETA] [SP] bCombat infantry AI Mod

How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate AI firing accuracy within bCombat v0.15?

• Way too low
    • A bit low
    • Almost fine
    • A bit high
    • Way too high

Cool, glad it was spotted. Let us know when you're ready Gliptal and I Will test the new features on the dedi

SJ

Ok I set everything up to have two versions, one for R16 and one for R17. You can find them under the "master" and "R17" branches respectively.

I'll write the usual update post as soon as my ISP decides to give me my connection back (damn stormy weather), I'm using the smartphone now.

Yay!

Hello Fabrizio,

First of all, congrats for your fabulous work. Bcombat makes Arma a whole different -and better- kind of beast !

I have to ask you: We have been using your mod in our clan (www.clansgp.es) for a long time without problems in our MP coop missions, but since a couple weeks our server has started to kick all of us off at half an hour roughly since we start the mission.

After asking our server provider a lot of times, they said us that Bohemia said to them that it was a problem with addons. We have narrowed down the problem and found that is Bcombat (when we play without it there's no problem). Do you have any idea if there is an option in the addon that could have started to give problems in MP now? We want to keep using it, and maybe disabling something in it the problem could be solved.

Yours,

Yiako

I think you will find that the instability is likely to be a BIS fault. I have been running bCombat for ages without any problems at all.

Hello Fabrizio,

First of all, congrats for your fabulous work. Bcombat makes Arma a whole different -and better- kind of beast !

I have to ask you: We have been using your mod in our clan (www.clansgp.es) for a long time without problems in our MP coop missions, but since a couple weeks our server has started to kick all of us off at half an hour roughly since we start the mission.

After asking our server provider a lot of times, they said us that Bohemia said to them that it was a problem with addons. We have narrowed down the problem and found that is Bcombat (when we play without it there's no problem). Do you have any idea if there is an option in the addon that could have started to give problems in MP now? We want to keep using it, and maybe disabling something in it the problem could be solved.

Yours,

Yiako

Sounds like a typical service provider response... We run three permanent Dedicated servers, 24/7, all with lots of mods... None of them display the crashes you are experiencing. All have bCombat running quite happily.

Check your server logs... they are the best place to see what is happening.

SJ

At game and mission start, I get this error:

On screen message:

'...combat_smoke_grenades_additional_number |#|> 0) then
{
for "_n" from 0 to bcombat_s...'
Error >: Type Array, expected Number
File @bcombat\loop.sqf, line 68

From RPT:

Error in expression <combat_smoke_grenades_additional_number > 0) then
{
for "_n" from 0 to bcombat_s>
 Error position: <> 0) then
{

At game and mission start, I get this error:

On screen message:

'...combat_smoke_grenades_additional_number |#|> 0) then
{
for "_n" from 0 to bcombat_s...'

From RPT:

Error in expression <combat_smoke_grenades_additional_number > 0) then
{
 Error position: <> 0) then
{

Did you edit config.sqf?

Looks like bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number variable is an array, while it should be a number, e.g.:

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = 0;

If you are using my GUI, make sure you have the latest version.

Yay!

When i use the GUI it edits the file in the userconfig. In modfolder itself is a cfonfig.sqf which doesnt change after using GUI. Is it not important? Cause the game reads the file from userconfig instead modfolder or how should i handle that?

Wait, where exactly did you put the .jar? It should be in the same folder as "config.sqf", not inside the "userconfig" tree.

Yay!

Did you edit config.sqf?

Looks like bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number variable is an array, while it should be a number, e.g.:

bcombat_smoke_grenades_additional_number = 0;

You are right. It was an array: [15, 10] - Which should have been the bcombat_smoke_grenades_timeout. It was something else and looking at the other variables, it looks like a lot of them have been shifted around.

I didn't edit it manually, rather used the GUI.

If you are using my GUI, make sure you have the latest version.

Updaing to the last one did the trick. Now they are all as expected. :)

Cheers :)

Wait, where exactly did you put the .jar? It should be in the same folder as "config.sqf", not inside the "userconfig" tree.

Yay!

Thanks for the clarification, 1000 thanks :)

Units spawns with Nv Googles, but i set it to off. Config says "bcombat_remove_nvgoggles = true" What can i do to set all units (spawning units too) to have not NV googles equipped?

has bcombat solved this error yet?

Error in expression <rMoon == 0 ) then

{

if( "NVGoggles" in _items

|| "NVGoggles_OPFOR" in _items

||>

Error position: <_items

||>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _items

File @bcombat\lib\common.sqf, line 1163

also i seem to notice the bcombats fatigue off also takes my fatigue too and not just the AIs

i have no other fatigue related mods other than bcombats (.17 dev)

Units spawns with Nv Googles, but i set it to off. Config says "bcombat_remove_nvgoggles = true" What can i do to set all units (spawning units too) to have not NV googles equipped?

I tested with no editor placed units ( both BLUFOR / OPFOR) and NVG are removed when bcombat_remove_nvgoggles = true.

Is your issue restricted to spawned units or id does affects editor placed units too?

Also, please check whether units are eventually spawned within vehicles (e.g. crew), in that case NVG won't be removed.

Let me know your findings, thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 ----------

has bcombat solved this error yet?

Error in expression <rMoon == 0 ) then

{

if( "NVGoggles" in _items

||>

Error position: <_items

||>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _items

File @bcombat\lib\common.sqf, line 1163

also i seem to notice the bcombats fatigue off also takes my fatigue too and not just the AIs

i have no other fatigue related mods other than bcombats (.17 dev)

I'm trying to reproduce the error, but i fail to do consistently.

I'm investigating the cause.

Fatigue is removed to any units, including player.

That's by design. Otherwise, with fatigue off for AI only, player may be unable to catch up with its group when not leader.

just a quick thought reading your post maybe a new feature can be that if any units in a group have a fatigue of > 0.75 and the distance of that unit with high fatigue, is a certain distance away from the leader, the leader stops and waits.

Good idea?

just a quick thought reading your post maybe a new feature can be that if any units in a group have a fatigue of > 0.75 and the distance of that unit with high fatigue, is a certain distance away from the leader, the leader stops and waits.

Good idea?

Distance alone would not be enough, it would be necessary to iteratively check both distance and formation state for any units being led.

You have to consider that units may be sent to attack, hence leader should not wait for them.

However, i think it's better to get fatigue fully finalized by BIS, before trying "patching" it.

For the moment i think having an option to put it off altogether would suffice.

equip your squadmate an Opfor NV

the error msg will spam like hell :D

equip your squadmate an Opfor NV

the error msg will spam like hell :D

Please provide me the exact command you're executing, as i fail reproducing this problem.

Ty.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Updated v0.17 DEV build with a few changes (commit: 5a1a72d).

* Units from groups having a HOLD waypoint won't move around to investigate.
* Units now less aggressive in targeting out-of-sight threats in CQB.
* Better pre-filtering out of some agents (animals, civilian) from CQB routines, for lesser overhead.
* Reduced default value for "bcombat_min_player_group_skill" (0.75 to 0.5).
* Reduced default value for "bcombat_cqb_radar_max_distance" (100 to 75 meters).
* Changed default value for "bcombat_cover_radius" ( [15, 15] to [15, 0]).
* Enhanced mobility / maneuvering of groups under fire.

just get an Opfor NV from things like VAS or LEA or Outfitgear and have an squadmate equip it or an allied unit spawn equipping it

edit:

or maybe i was wrong, maybe it was just a coincidence that it was spamming during the time my squadmate has it equipped

and some NPC somewhere else having an Opfor NV was causing the error

i play a lot of WLA, so maybe some npc dude spawned with it

Edited by xrook

* Changed default value for "bcombat_cover_radius" ( [15, 15] to [15, 0])

Will the AI then search buildings or is that not important? I hide often in builings and i love it when the Ai is searching houses. Which Value i have to edit?

bcombat_danger_distance = 250; // (Meters) Minimum distance from shooter, for groups to automatically switch to "combat" behaviour

can you double the "combat" behavior for units that carry a launcher so they could react to armored vehicles at a greater distance?

Please provide me the exact command you're executing, as i fail reproducing this problem.

Ty.

I have the same issue (under .16) when using UPS and the units being spawned do NOT have any NVGs whatsoever. I know I mentioned it before, but just reposting for clarity. Spawn works fine during the day, but at night, I get the "moon" error.