Sign in to follow this  
Gunship -OFP-ZONE-

Uh-1 d spec op for download!

just great! love the model, love the textures, love the sound!

great work!

now lets wait for the gunship version so that my collection gets completed

Out of the many hueys that have come and gone, this one is by far the best. Great work guys.

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the first O2 made Huey out there?

no it isnt.. BW mods one was first...

And i love the chopper smile.gif

It is the first Oxygen model of a Huey, but not the first model. Others have made them by doing some hack and slash on the Blackhawk ingame

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 04 2002,23:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is the first Oxygen model of a Huey, but not the first model. Others have made them by doing some hack and slash on the Blackhawk ingame<span id='postcolor'>

dont know if i understood you correctly but

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no it isnt.. BW mods one was first...<span id='postcolor'>

Great job, awesome detail, but can someone explain something to me ? Why on God's holy Earth does every single fucking addon I download have the muzzle flash ? Every single one, it's pathetic. It's the only reason I don't use any addons.

Are these mod-makers unable to make something without the muzzle flash for once in a lifetime ?

Awesome detail and textures, really great work wink.gif. This addon should make many OFP fan happy. Only bug I found was the searchlights missing flash.

Now I only hope that someone makes a small light chopper for Russians (tired of inserting few SpetzNazs with the huge Mi-17 or Hind).

Thanks for the comments, more hueys will be included in Nam Pack 2.

advocatexxx,

I assume you're using standard OFP 1.46, in which case it's not the fault of the addon makers that there is a muzzle flash visible, there is some missing code in the OFP engine which prevents the cfgmodels section working (fixed in OFP:R).

As the readme file states, try disabling Hardware T&L.

Answers to some frequently asked questions:

1) why doesn't the other machinegun work?

- OFP only supports one weapon at a time, so it is not possible to have both guns operational.

2) can you include a co-pilot?

- the only function a copilot would add is as a commander of the heli, this can make giving orders to the gunner when you are the pilot a bit tricky, it might look more real but it's really just more polys for the game to animate without any real benefit.

3) No, I did not copy the BW huey model and retexture it, this is a completely new model that I made for the Nam Pack 2 and decided to release seperately. (so please stop emailing me accusing me of stealing models!wink.gif

SelectThis

My new favourite addon smile.gif

I am not so much for the Vietnam era, but this got me feeling all apocalyptic now wink.gif

I have only one problem with it: the sound. It gets often very distorted (like the SB Live bug on drugs), which is a pity since I really love that Uh-1 sound smile.gif

having a commander in a helicopter doesnt work well, it would only be useful in mp where there is no ai in the helicopter as the ai doesnt know what to do, the helicopter spins round and round uncontrollably when you are the commander and you cant make the pilot go anywhere...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 05 2002,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...I have only one problem with it: the sound. It gets often very distorted (like the SB Live bug on drugs), which is a pity since I really love that Uh-1 sound smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

dePBO SelectThis' UH-1 file and replace the sound with this one. (it already has the same file name and encoding)

It's taken from Martin's UH-1 and enhanced (by me) with less bass and slightly higher pitch as his original sound from Martin was overloading my subwoofer and making the chopper sound like its collective isn't fully spun.

Works great for me.

I think it's safe to say that this is the highest quality new helicopter model that's ever been created for OFP. It looks perfect in every way. Excellent job! smile.gif

I love Hueys,so i love this add on! And since Im an Apoclaypse Now fan,great when teamed up with the Little Birds by Capt.Moore smile.gif

One thing, I know that its not your fault and its engine limitations,but it would be so nice if the magazine belt would move when you fired......

But despite thatsmall thing that is not under your control, great!

Oh, and maybe having a co-pilot wouldmake it more realistic. Keep up the good work smile.gif

I think the sound is good, but I do prefer Martin's sound on my soundcard. I like the modified one that advocatexxx posted. My question is, if one replaces the audio file in the PBO with a different one (same exact file name and encoding), would this cause any issues if you played multiplayer with someone who has the original UH-1H sound? The file sizes won't be exact. Is that something that could cause any sort of problems?

No it shouldn't cause any problems, if you change something in the model or in config then it causes problems. Just look at different soundpacks released recently, they work perfectly in MP wink.gif and they share the same idea.

I agree, it shouldn't make any difference in MP if you just change the sound and keep everything else the same.

If you got any good sounds then send me a copy!

SelectThis

great high quality addon SelectThis! Like it so much. Love the model and that M60 and the way you can aim with it! Thumbs up! And the thing that surprise me is that enemy machine gunners fire at the Huey! Please how you achieve that? They don't fire against Cobras... I try changing the armour values but they still don't fire against that. I love this feature you achieve with this unit! Always is fun receive some fire but not so heavy than the Shilka one smile.gif Thanks and keep this great work!

I found a big bug... When i set a waypoint UNLOAD TRANSPORT the chopper dont land and kick the soldier out of the chopper! So you see troop falling on the ground and die!!! sad.gif

Other wise the chpr rock!

What island are you using with this when you found the "bug". It has more to do with the terrain.

iMoRtAliS: That's not a bug with the addon. I've never had any trouble whatsoever when using a transport unload waypoint with the UH-1H.

Make sure you set the waypoint on a flat, open area that is more than large enough to land. Place an "invisible H" in the landing zone. Have the unit's skill level set all the way to the right. You also might want to try setting the transport unload waypoint behavior to "careless".

Wow great work man. Its really neat. But one question though. Is it possible to be the gunner on the right side of the huey? Or would that be sort of like multiple gunners?