Drongo69

Drongos Artillery (an advanced artillery system)

It says "checking Radios" in debug but then "No suitable Radio" appears top right.

Logs show the following:

Error in expression <Checking TFAR radios."};

_haveSW = call haveSWRadio;

_haveLR = call haveLRRadio;>

Error position: <haveSWRadio;

Error Undefined variable in expression: haveswradio

Error in expression <Checking TFAR radios."};

_haveSW = call haveSWRadio;

Error position: <haveSWRadio;

Error Undefined variable in expression: haveswradio

Hmm, maybe TFAR changed something, it used to work. I am downloading the latest version and will release an update as soon as I fix it, hopefully on the weekend sometime.

First post updated with version 0.26. Changes:

• Fixed TFAR compatibility
  • Increased mortar and howitzer HE shell lethality to attempt to match real-world values (may do too much damage against non-personnel targets now)
  • Tweaked configs to change the dispersion of BIS shells to almost zero (all dispersion is handled at script level)

This can be considered a hotfix release. I still plan on adding WP rounds, further tweaking accuracy and damage and adding Reyhard's mortar in a future release.

Also note that I have still not fixed the profiles of each weapon to match the corrected dispersion. This means that if you select "No Initial Inaccuracy", the shell will probably still not hit exactly where you expect.

Great work, thank you for the update Drongo ! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Artillery is damn inaccurate anyway, it should never hit where you want it to first round. Its an area weapon you want some inherent dispersion. Otherwise FO does not have a job :)

Thanks for the fixes !

Heh, any time I can reclassify a bug as a feature I am happy :) In the coop missions I play the accuracy seems adequate. I'm interested to hear what people think about the updated damage values too.

Hello, my unit is running a linux server and for one reason or another, when we try to call for fire, it says Invalid Asset Type when we transmit the fire mission. If anyone has any idea why this is occurring, please let me know. Thanks.

What mods are you running and which language are you using? Earlier versions had trouble with non-English versions though I thought it was fixed now.

What mods are you running and which language are you using? Earlier versions had trouble with non-English versions though I thought it was fixed now.

a3_paddle_mod

AGM

ARP Objects

ASDG Joint Rails

AV Army Gear

CAF Aggressors

CAF M72A6

cTAB

CLF Radios

DAR HMMWV

DAR MTVRs

Dash_weaponsafety

EricJ Weapons pack

F18

F35B

Flashbang

FSF SacVentral

HAFM Arma2 Helicopters

HAFM UAZs

Hidden Identity Pack v2

INKO Dispoable

JDG_Carrier

LKR Ammo

LHD

LPD

MBG Killhouses

MRB Voicestop

OH_Boats

Outlaw MagRepack

Purple's Benelli M4s

RAV Lifter

RDS Static Weapons & Tanks

RH Pistols

RH M4/M16

RQ11 Raven

Sabre USMC

ShackTac Hud

ShackTac Group Indicator

SMGR

Slatt's AT4

Slatt's MAAWS

STI A10

STI Machineguns

THM Beanies

TMR

USAF Air Assets

USEC CH53

vz_a3_copymystance

Speed of sound

TFR

Blastcore

A3MP (AP)

---------- Post added at 04:13 ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 ----------

a3_paddle_mod

AGM

ARP Objects

ASDG Joint Rails

AV Army Gear

CAF Aggressors

CAF M72A6

cTAB

CLF Radios

DAR HMMWV

DAR MTVRs

Dash_weaponsafety

EricJ Weapons pack

F18

F35B

Flashbang

FSF SacVentral

HAFM Arma2 Helicopters

HAFM UAZs

Hidden Identity Pack v2

INKO Dispoable

JDG_Carrier

LKR Ammo

LHD

LPD

MBG Killhouses

MRB Voicestop

OH_Boats

Outlaw MagRepack

Purple's Benelli M4s

RAV Lifter

RDS Static Weapons & Tanks

RH Pistols

RH M4/M16

RQ11 Raven

Sabre USMC

ShackTac Hud

ShackTac Group Indicator

SMGR

Slatt's AT4

Slatt's MAAWS

STI A10

STI Machineguns

THM Beanies

TMR

USAF Air Assets

USEC CH53

vz_a3_copymystance

Speed of sound

TFR

Blastcore

A3MP (AP)

I should also mention that with these mods running, it works fine in single player. It only breaks on our linux server. We also had to go into the config.ccp and change everything to lowercase to make it compatible.

Do linux servers require scripts to be in the correct case? Which vehicles are you using when you attempt to call fire missions? Does it happen with all vehicle types? Are they vanilla BIS units or 3rd party?

Do linux servers require scripts to be in the correct case? Which vehicles are you using when you attempt to call fire missions? Does it happen with all vehicle types? Are they vanilla BIS units or 3rd party?

I believe they do require the letter to be lowercase. We have tried the M6 81mm mortar, M5 MLRS and the SP 155mm. All of which are default.

If you changed the class names or display names to lower case, try also editing them in DrongosArtillery\Start.sqf and DrongosArtillery\Control\ProcessFireMission.sqf.

I've given your mod a spin, and I'm really impressed. I've been trying to find an alternative forward observer trainer for ages (our unit's simulator is outdated, difficult to take around, needs a special dongle to run and it's kept locked away) so I can run better Call for Fire lessons on deployment. I'll definitely be taking it up north with me, and recommending it to our junior signallers so they can practice fire missions at home.

I know it's mainly designed to be a game rather than a training aid, but is there any way of expediting the time it takes for an order to be calculated and subsequently shot?

Cheers,

- Fishy

Australian Army

Ha, I take no responsibility for any physical, spiritual or moral damage that occurs from using this as a training aid. You may find your IRL fire missions drifting off to the north on a ridiculous arc. Still, if you find it useful, please tell the Australian DoD, maybe they can cough up a few million bucks or perhaps take me off some watch lists.

In the editor press F7 for modules and place one called [DTA] No Delay. There is another one for a realistic delay and one for debug messages and markers which may also prove handy.

Edited by Drongo69

First of all great Mod but how can i use this on dedicated server? There is no bikey!

Apologies for the oversight, I'll include one in the next release. You can download just the key here.

Hi, this truly is a fantastic addition to the game. But, can we expect more realistic range limits in the future? Perhaps rocket assisted rounds as well?

Drongo,

what would it take to make RDS Static Weapons Pack recognized?

Step one: I would need to know the name of the muzzle, mode and magazine for each artillery piece at every range for every shell type. If anybody knows these and can post them, that would be a big help. They are used by the fire command:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/fire

Step two: Manually determining the z value for the doWatch command. This has to be done at least five times for each range bracket. This is an easy, yet tedious and time-consuming exercise.

Step three: Run the results of step two through some software, make a few quick and simple changes to the existing scripts.

If anybody can help with parts one and two, please PM me.

First post updated with version 0.27. Changes:

• Added support for Reyhard's Static Weapons (thanks to Kawa for getting me off my backside to do this)
  • Implemented CBA_fnc_registerKeybind functionality so users can bind their own key (thanks to JCae2798 for letting me know this was possible)
  • Removed double-clicking a radio to open the dialog

Binding your own key instead of up arrow:

DTA.jpg

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!