Sign in to follow this  
CommuneCode

Kradnostrov Map for ArmA 3

This is my first mod, also my entry in the Make ArmA Not War Contest. I will post updates here often and downloads when it comes to it. The map is going to have a woodland feel with none of the royal crap of the other woodland maps like Chernarus. There will be no half torn down castles, if any, they will be complete, not making it seem like it has been left there for 1000 years. Other than that there will be custom buildings and maybe some new civilian weapons added for a more country feel. Lastly the map will have a European/ Eastern feel to it, so there will be funny sounding names and things of that nature. Thanks you for your time and I hope you support my endeavors by voting if the ability is given when my mod is entered!

:bounce3::(:rolleyes:;):D:yay::cool::o:):confused::j:

Royal crap of Chernarus? That seems really rude to say towards the developers that spend a lot of time on it.

Chernarus based off a real world location that had castles at one point in history. No castle looks pristine and new unless someone is actually funding such a project.

Royal crap of Chernarus? That seems really rude to say towards the developers that spend a lot of time on it.

Chernarus based off a real world location that had castles at one point in history. No castle looks pristine and new unless someone is actually funding such a project.

agreed, really rude and same with the castles

I wasn't saying just Chernarus and I'm definitely not bashing the creators of anything, and I didn't mean for it to come off like that, I just don't think those kinds of things would fit the ArmA 3 "feel".

I wasn't saying just Chernarus and I'm definitely not bashing the creators of anything, and I didn't mean for it to come off like that, I just don't think those kinds of things would fit the ArmA 3 "feel".

It's the terrain feel. Having the map reflect thousands of years of technological and building advancements, and changes. Kinda like how you see modern buildings in a famous city like England but also really old ones. It's kind of hard to explain but it adds to the feeling the terrain just didn't start existing one day but instead was weathered, eroded, buildings rose up and fell throughout its history and empires rose to power and then fell.

The map is going to have a woodland feel with none of the royal crap of the other woodland maps like Chernarus. There will be no half torn down castles, if any, they will be complete, not making it seem like it has been left there for 1000 years.

:bounce3::(:rolleyes:;):D:yay::cool::o:):confused::j:

My apologies, not trying to be negative towards anyone here!

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 ----------

Well, the looks is what I meant, I was blabbing and needed something to blab about, but if any fortresses on my mod there will be more "modernized" things, so they actually look upkept

guys, give him a break - he's trying to do something positive and everyone is entitled to their opinion if they've paid for the game.

My apologies, not trying to be negative towards anyone here!

---------- Post added at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 ----------

Well, the looks is what I meant, I was blabbing and needed something to blab about, but if any fortresses on my mod there will be more "modernized" things, so they actually look upkept

You should think of a story throughout time for these castles you are making then, wether the reason they are not damaged is because they are like the ones owned by the royal family in Britain were they are kept pristine.

If you want modernized forts, you may want to search around on google for some. You may find some military forts built on top of old castles or so etching like that.

---------- Post added at 07:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

guys, give him a break - he's trying to do something positive and everyone is entitled to their opinion if they've paid for the game.

We're discussing it with him, not forcing him to do anything. It's his first map, and he doesn't seem upset by the feedback and is in fact engaged in the feedback discussion. Just trying to help him make his map look a little more natural. :)

Edited by ProGamer

well, he started it by calling cherno a royal crap lol, when it was nearly the beuatiest, biggest and detailed island at it's time.

Maybe a US setting would be nice, hard to find many countries in Europe without castles or long civilised (well almost civilised) histories.

Still good luck with your entry, I like any terrains, even ones with castles, ruined or not. I live just a few miles away from Conwy, which is a walled ancient city/town with a good intact castle (great little town too).

There are many castles around here, it would make a good terrain spot, if only I had the talent.

We have a church here from the sixth century and a great welsh poet was born here in the village in the fourteenth century.

Nothing wrong with history, or lack of it, royal or otherwise.;)

Tourist plug over...:p

Good luck with it anyway.:)

Y...

We're discussing it with him, not forcing him to do anything. It's his first map, and he doesn't seem upset by the feedback and is in fact engaged in the feedback discussion. Just trying to help him make his map look a little more natural. :)

No your just trolling him, and misunderstanding him. I actually laughed at the Royal dig, and had no issues understanding his point of view. Then you go on about how YOU would plot YOUR narrative in a thinly veiled way to "help" him.

A map doesn't need to be a real world place. It doesn't need to be realistic. 99% of the maps made for A2 are fictitious.

And for me I rather like new takes on older map/terrains. Screw the royals!

I agree, a storyline is being thought of as per what the map will have, and this is my first MOD not only map so it won't be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen but I will most definatly try!

Ok lets get the view count up here so when I release some content in a few weeks I will have eager "customers" waiting to download

The map is going to have a woodland feel with none of the royal crap of the other woodland maps like Chernarus. There will be no half torn down castles, if any, they will be complete, not making it seem like it has been left there for 1000 years.

Never been out of the US of A, have you?

FYI, castles in Europe have been abandoned for a sizeable amount of time. You can be sure that we no longer live in those.

You joined the BI Forums just to say that? I absolutely guarantee that there are castles in Europe that are livable. So that is the point where people don't think before they post and I say "don't post unless you have anything constructive to say", it's my mod, not yours.

might want to check this thread about terrain creation for the make arma not war contest

As there has been no clarification one way or the other by BI as to wether terrain will be included or not in the contest

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170460-Rules-Clarification-Please!-Are-quot-Terrains-quot-excluded-from-the-contest

Thank you for this clarification, but even if I can't enter it I would still like to make this map for the experience

You joined the BI Forums just to say that? I absolutely guarantee that there are castles in Europe that are livable. So that is the point where people don't think before they post and I say "don't post unless you have anything constructive to say", it's my mod, not yours.

I've visited a few east-european countries (Romania, Georgia, Hungary, Poland and Slovenia)... all castles I've seen were not in a good shape (basically just as the infrastructure).

Thank you for this clarification, but even if I can't enter it I would still like to make this map for the experience

Terrain making is HUGELY time consuming and quite frankly ... boring at times. You really have to LOVE what youre doing, but as you can see from some User made terrain, the love can really shine through.

Recommend you start with something small, a small sized terrain with a town and a forest. Get a feel for it. Theres plenty of simple things you'll learn (from mistakes etc) that will make your NEXT terrain 10x better.

Read the various tutorials in the ArmA2 sections, and cross-fingers BI give us Visitor4 soon !

I was planning on starting small, but thanks for the tips, my ideal size for now would be about 3K x 3K.

---------- Post added at 02:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 ----------

I've visited a few east-european countries (Romania, Georgia, Hungary, Poland and Slovenia)... all castles I've seen were not in a good shape (basically just as the infrastructure).

Ok, I get what you are trying to say but the way he other guy said it just pisses me off, if you don't like what I'm planning to do then don't download the mod, It's very simple honestly.

May I suggest some kind of fields as seen in Schwemlitz, Eilte and Co. for A2 or a Winter Version?

The little village down there looks well placed, and even if I'm not a fan of "hilly" landscapes, I can imagine having a lot of fun on it