Sign in to follow this  
KEVINMGXP

Arma 3 LowLand Defense Force

Hey,

We started with the full development of the Arma 3 Lowland Defense force (Unofficial Arma 3 DLC) The aim is to align this package toward the original Arma 3 Content already provided by Bohemia interactive, this to allow the community to build on it as it is with the original. However to make this pack we will need to ask for some assistance, the team is at this moment very small.

MOD TEAM:

----------------------------------------------------------

• Project Lead, Modeling & Texturing: LiquitHQ

• Config & Texturing Blackout

WE ARE LOOKING FOR:

• Modelers: OPEN

(We are in need of a modeler or modelers to create various equipment, vehicles and weapons)

• A2 Content conversion: OPEN

(We are in need of someone that is able to convert existing Arma 2 content, e.g. weapons and various vehicles to Arma 3 standards)

• Island Creator: OPEN

(We are in need of an experienced map creator who is willing to create a new map for this package)

• Other: OPEN

(If you have time and feel that you have something to contribute, e.g. texturing, modeling, config to spread the workflow you are welcome to contact me!)

PM: LiquitHQ to apply if you are interested to help out on this project ....

Background:

The current situation around the Aegean sea puts Europe into despair, the mayor part of the European forces are weakened but a huge effort of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg turns their armed forces into a combined task force they name it Lowland Defense Force. They are ordered to deploy at the island Thassos Greece, 216 km from Altis and roughly 416 m², it is a strategic deployment, tasked to prevent any breakthrough to the main lands.

The three country's decided to form a unified country and join forces to repel the actual threat, a new chain of command and structured army is formed and ordered to be deployed at Thassos to prevent any breakthroughs to the main European lands. The main force will contain a infantry force, they also contain a mech.infantry division and an armored tank battalion and Air-force. The Special Intervention Group is formed to side the main army to be deployed under special circumstances, and the Parachute Commando Brigade is trained to be deployed from air deeper into enemy territory when needed. The navy will deliver the Korps Marines they are trained to be deployed from the sea and on the beaches, last but certainly not the least is the Korps Amphibious Warfere devision which will be deployed for under water missions.

The LDF Army structure will be listed bellow ....

Arma 3 Lowland Defense Force DLC

[highlight]The content description may change during development (expand or narrowed down)[/highlight]

ARMY:

Infantry:

• Weapon: C8A1 - FN minimi - Fn Mag

• Pistol: FN-Five-Seven

• Camo: DPM - Belgium Jigsaw Colors Woodland/Desert

• Uniform: AAF

• Helmet: MICH 2000

• Vest: Nato

Mech.Infantry: (Mechs)

Special Intervention Group: (SIG)

• Weapon: HK417 - FN minimi - Fn Mag

• Camo: A-TAC M05 Special Colours Woodland/Desert/Urban

• Uniform: Nato

• Helmet: Nato/Light

Parachute Commando Brigade: (PCB)

• Weapon: FN-F2000 - FN minimi - Fn Mag

• Camo: A-TAC M05 Special Colours Woodland/Desert/Urban

• Helmet: Nato

Vehicle Crew:

• Weapon: P90

• Helmet: AAF Vehicle Helmet

• Vest: Tactical Vest

NAVY:

Corps Amphibious Warfare (CAW):

• Weapon: HK417 - FN minimi - Fn Mag

• Camo: US Woodland - Belgium Jigsaw Colors Woodland/Desert/Urban

• Helmet: Nato

Corps Marines:

• Camo: 1/2/3 - Color Tone Camo Woodland/Desert/Urban

Air-Force:

Vehicle Operators / Pilots:

• Weapon: P90 (Non Pilot)

• Camo: Digital Tigerstripe, Special Colors Air

• Uniform: Nato or Coveral

• Helmet: Nato Light or Flight Helmet

Vehicles:

Land Vehicles

• MBT: Leopard 2a7 Revoltution

• Logistic: Truck

• Arty: PzH 2000

• Recce: Fennek

• U.vec: Iveco LMV

• IFV: CV90

• Recce: Pandur II

• APC: MOWAG Phiranha V

• Car: HMMWV

Air Vehicles

• Transport Heli: Couger

• Transport Heli: Chinook

• Transport Heli: NH 90

• Attack Heli: Apache

• Small Heli: Littlebird

• Aircraft: F-16 Advanced

• Aircraft: F-35

• Aircraft: A-10 C

• Transport Aircraft: A-400M

Naval Vehicles

• Boat: Attack Boat Minigun

• Sub: Small Submarine

• Boat: PBR

New Map:

Thassos (name may change) click on thassos to see the island -> zoom out bellow thassos to see altis (lemnos) and stratis

Arm patches and flag will be Improvised and modified to fit the project, AA launchers, AT launcher, mine hand grenade, smoke etc static weaponry will be kept standard ...

Our main goal now is to make the units and model the weapons, and find people to help us out with this project, a part of the vehicles is port or re-texturing the map however might be a huge project looking to its size ...

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

I like the idea, very much infact :).

Couple of little things though. As far as I'm aware the Dutch armed foreces never have nor will they ever make use of the F22. The US has restricted any export of the F22 to foreign army's. Also besides frogmen the Dutch have the KCT (Korps Commando Troepen) these are the most elite warriors and are used for things like VIP hostage situations, deep strike black ops misstions etc.

Right now the dutch armed forces make us of primarely the Diemaco C8 a Canadian variant on the M4 platform. But I could easily see them making use of FN weapons in the future, as FN is based in belgium.

I like the idea, very much infact :).

Couple of little things though. As far as I'm aware the Dutch armed foreces never have nor will they ever make use of the F22. The US has restricted any export of the F22 to foreign army's.

Noted, but as you will be well aware we lack planes, and the F-16 will be phased out by 2035 both in Belgium and the Dutch army. If you have another more realistic air superiority plane in mind then the F22 Viper let me know I took the F22 only for its tech superiority above the realistic nature

Also besides frogmen the Dutch have the KCT (Korps Commando Troepen) these are the most elite warriors and are used for things like VIP hostage situations, deep strike black ops misstions etc.

Noted maybe I will opt to add them instead of just frogmen but with the ability to dive out of the box

Right now the dutch armed forces make us of primarely the Diemaco C8 a Canadian variant on the M4 platform. But I could easily see them making use of FN weapons in the future, as FN is based in belgium.

I know, maybe you are right and just stick with all FN like you said I also do not think they will use the deimaco C7/C8 by 2035, however the HK is German and I thought to bring a little more variation into the weaponry but you have actually a point there its a combined task force Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg sounds more realistic to give them just all FN's

anyway thanks for your interests hope to find some people to help me out with modeling ;-)

best of regards

I believe the F35's are coming in to replace the F16's. Thats what many nations are seem to be doing too - they're bringing in the F35's to replace their old fighters.

Noted, but as you will be well aware we lack planes, and the F-16 will be phased out by 2035 both in Belgium and the Dutch army. If you have another more realistic air superiority plane in mind then the F22 Viper let me know I took the F22 only for its tech superiority above the realistic nature

(...)

anyway thanks for your interests hope to find some people to help me out with modeling ;-)

best of regards

Well the thing is that Belgium and the Netherlands don't really have the need for an air superiority fighter. I understand where you might have gotten that idea though. Both the F-16 and its predecessor the F-104 were designed as air superiority fighters. But that was a diffrent age.

In the cold war it was thought that the biggest threat from the Russians was long range bombers, so Netherlands and Belgium, being the small country's that there are, and both with not the biggest defence budget, opted for an air superiority plane that could fly high and fast and intercept bombers. Ofcourse bigger airforces would've expanded with both bombers, fighter-bombers and air superiority fighters.

Now when they chose to replace the F-104 with the F-16 in the 80's, they still had a littlebit of that mindset and wanted a fast fighter aircraft. But the also chose the F-16 because they recognized it was a modular weapon system with a lot of room to improve and expand its capability's. Thus, 30 years and several upgrade programs later the F-16 is a multirole strike aircraft primarely used for CAS missions in the past years.

And with improvement in radar and missle technology dogfights are becoming more rare every day.

Now the plan has been to replace the F-16 with the F-35. And the F-35 is designed from the ground up to be a multirole/swingrole aircraft like what the F16 had become. And the need for air superiority has shifted to surrounding country's like Germany, Spain, the UK and Italy. These country's have way larger airforces and together started developing the Eurofighter which is now Europe's primary air defence platform.

Along with this came new highly advanced surface to air missle sights, both land and seabased. Wich both Dutch and Belgian armed forces operate. These can cover a wide area. This coupled with the fact that the lowlands are surrounded by coutry's who operate similair systems, and utilize the Eurofighter if nessicary, has expelled for an air superiority figher for Dutch and Belgain forces.

Instead the F-35 is supposed to fill both gaps if needed, but honestly its more like a fighter bomber which can defend itself if needed, but isn't designed to hunt down enemy aircraft.

However if you really feel the need to introduce and air superiority fighter the most realistic options would be the new F-15SE. SE stands for Silent eagle. The F-15 is a formidible air superiority fighter with 0 losses during its entire combat life. And the SE is a new version with improved radar and avionics, and designed to be more stealth like the F22. This includes a rader absorbent coating, internal weapons bays, new more efficient and cooler engines etc.

Besides that the Dassault Rafale, and Eurofigher could also be considered candidates.

I'm sort of getting into modeling myself but I have a few obstacles to overcome first and I doubt that I can help you right now. But just browse the forums for a bit and send som PM's and I'm sure you'll find someone who can help you on your way.

Stupid question: what have you got sofar? Looks great in theory, but this will prove to be a lot of work :) But if more people are interested this could be done. The biggest problem is for me is the information finding that you need to make stuff (time consuming), finding the right models / scripts etc. and at what quality texture detail will or can you deliver. But sooner or later I will join the ArmA3 Dutch representatives of mod making, so ill bookmark this topic &&might help out if needed (PM is avail.) :bounce3:

Edited by larsiano

I believe the F35's are coming in to replace the F16's. Thats what many nations are seem to be doing too - they're bringing in the F35's to replace their old fighters.

That is right, Our minister of defense already gave his 2 cents for the next government to replace ours with 40 new F-35 it still needs to be decided tho

I'm sort of getting into modeling myself but I have a few obstacles to overcome first and I doubt that I can help you right now. But just browse the forums for a bit and send som PM's and I'm sure you'll find someone who can help you on your way.

I will just do that,

ter informatie :p I have removed the F22 and i will stay with the F35, I also replaced the frogmen with the KCT like you sugested and the weapons are all FN adabted now i just went to the FN site to go trough all of them the KCT troops also will use the shotgun as they will be more CQB focused.

Stupid question: what have you got sofar? Looks great in theory, but this will prove to be a lot of work :)

You are right, however few vehicles are already available within Arma 2 Like the Pandur II, Dingo, I also believe the Longbow will be there the F35 and a few other things, weapons the FN 2000 will be just re-texture as it is already in game i believe which will cut down the work flow, but there is still a lot to add from scratch, but i will ask around i know a few people who most likely are willing to help, the only thing i have now are textures and I also started to set up a mod folder to store the textures in when they are finally in a working state, I've been working most of the time on the textures for the last week before i came out with my plans, i tried to apply them on units my self but I don't know how to go any further ..

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

I don't know what your aim is in terms of realism but Nodunit and Franze have created an amazing AH-64D for Arma 2. And I believe with a little bit of elbow grease it could be ported to Arma 3. All you need then is a retexture.

I don't know what your aim is in terms of realism but Nodunit and Franze have created an amazing AH-64D for Arma 2. And I believe with a little bit of elbow grease it could be ported to Arma 3. All you need then is a retexture.

And permission ;)

Is this the one with the special functions? I have it in my arma2 addons I can contact them and ask but I would like to keep the pack close to any original release from bohemia interactive the model would be nice doh, but I had a lot of errors within arma 2 with it so if we can use it I will need to cut out those special things maybe they can help me with it in the long run ill see what they say when i contact them ...

And permission ;)

ofcourse :p

Edited by LiquitHQ

Would you describe yourself as an ideas guy, OP?

Not entirely, although to do something like this you need an idea to start :p

before I posted I've had already a bunch of work on the texture side, when I finally got them ready I liked the idea to do something with it and that is were it all started, were it will end is another question I am well aware that I can not do this alone. Lets say that it will start with an idea lets hope that I will find the people to lend me a hand to make it happen.

Luckily I already had some response so something tells me that the Idea is not so crazy :D

best of regards

Hey,

merry Christmas for everyone,

this is a little something, for now only one texture for the fictive marines of this package, I do not know yet how to get these in the game but someone contacted me to help in a few weeks, in the mean while I will work on two vest variants and a helmet for the marine units. The template contains new kryptek textures with additional arm patches and a improvised flag for the Lowland Defense Forces.

This pucture is to large so I will need to hotlink it ...

http://postimg.org/image/edvl4nejr/

you can enlarge the picture by clicking it again when opened for more detail ...

I hope you like it

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

Gooday Mr LiquitHQ,

I have been searching for something that will spark my interest and this is it. however I really would like to see you get a modeler!

I'm a (Re)texturer myself and I can work config files and the likes.

Screenshots of my work:

KAMAZ Repair truck:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/667955140134296945/3DD8D4367526631D0E006E28F25C02E0625FAE86/

Leopard MBT + Infantry

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/667955140093283943/4D196F47BB7512504175E2ED7F0C92B72B5903EF/

Havoc Commando's

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/667954602177600445/022AF812F37AB9F9AB50F0A051459F21646CCB19/

Showcase armored vehicles

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/667955140088602357/742DDDD20D38F4B7F5155E500B95C55A3FF6889F/

Quick mockup of Med. Uniform

http://i.imgur.com/AnRamdi.jpg

As you can see I think you should go the way of A-TACS, because I personnaly prefer it over Kryptek.

Want more pictures? or if you are statified contact me via PM

Edited by Blackout

Yeah im more of a US4CES kind of guy, but i prefer ATACS over Kryptec and I guess US4CES and ATACS have been used before in some militarys before so thye are more likely to be used.

Yeah im more of a US4CES kind of guy, but i prefer ATACS over Kryptec and I guess US4CES and ATACS have been used before in some militarys before so thye are more likely to be used.

yeah well I've pulled him into the project and discussing the camo patterns, we will most likely go for the original patterns to represent the Korps Mariniers, Paracomando's, KCT, SOG etc however I will stick with the improvised arm tags to represent the LDF and the units, I already changed the main post and removed the kryptek camo and see were we get from there...

Nice work Blackout these are smaller version for those that like to post them on their forums

Image00001.jpg Image00002.jpg Image00003.jpg

best of regards

Edited by LiquitHQ

I really hope this project gets of the ground! I really do. Maybe in a later stadium If you still need modelers I can chip in. Right now I'll just start telling everyone about it ;)

I really hope this project gets of the ground! I really do.

It already has, our feet however will stay on it ;-)

Maybe in a later stadium If you still need modelers I can chip in.

We are desperately in need of modelers for the

Leopard 2a7 Revoltution: http://lh6.ggpht.com/-8_CtQD-UgRo/TWO600F7zsI/AAAAAAAANQg/VTT7XxreFSY/03%252520Leopard%2525202%252520Revolution.jpg

The Cougar: http://www.malaysiandefence.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cougar.jpeg

F-16 Advanced: http://www.helmo.gr/gallery2/d/52292-1/f-16head2.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

MOWAG Phiranha V: http://www.military-today.com/apc/mowag_piranha_v.jpg

also for the weapon pack but I am trying to contact someone for that right now, so fingers crossed .......

Right now I'll just start telling everyone about it ;)

Nice hope you know people that know how to model too :p we only know how to texture and now also how to config ...

best of regards

Nice hope you know people that know how to model too :p we only know how to texture and now also how to config ...

best of regards

I have worked with some really simple software that isn't really fit for this. But I'm planning on taking a few classes in the new year.

I have worked with some really simple software that isn't really fit for this. But I'm planning on taking a few classes in the new year.

We have the time, Arma 3 will live for another 5 or 6 years anyway :p

We have the time, Arma 3 will live for another 5 or 6 years anyway :p

why not just retex the MBT-52 Kuma from the AAF, it is the leopard 2a7 Revolution tank